“Wish I could stay longer...” 5 of 5 stars

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
California
“Wish I could stay longer...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We booked this as a stay before a cruise, so weren't looking for anything special. We arrived fairly late in the evening and were surprised to find a place we could still get dinner. The rooms were great and the area had a lot of shops and places we just didn't have enough time to explore.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
cmpmekrmom - Thank you for choosing us as your pre-cruise hotel and for sharing your stay experience with us. We hope you had a great time on your cruise and look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Jorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Have to say beautiful place room sparkly clean friendly staff thank you Nathalie for your wonderful service
Great Restaurant and bar
Complete and delicious breakfast service
I will stay in again In a heartbeat

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
jrivera68 - Thank you for sharing your recent review of Shula's Hotel and for the wonderful comments regarding our team. We will be sure to pass them along and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This place is very good for keen, average golfers. Rooms are comfortable, roomy, clean and well equipped. A bit far from the beaches, but good restaurants and basic shopping are round the corner.
Wi-fi needs improving though, and the Tv reception is not always first class.
Good service, and the team at Reception do their best.
I wish hotels in Florida realized that check-in at 3 or 4 p.m. is very trying for people flying in to Miami airport at the crack of dawn!
The golf course nearby is impeccably maintained. I found it curious, though, that players staying at the hotel don't get a rebate on their green fees!
It was my second stay there and I may very well be back sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the swimming pool have a nice view of the gardens
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Neri I - Thank you for sharing these experiences with us and for continuing to have Shula's Hotel as your destination choice while visiting Miami. We apologize for any issue you encountered with your WIFI and TV. We are currently working on our technology infrastructure and you may have experienced some of the affects from the work. We are confident that you will experience a significant difference in these areas on you next visit.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

First, even I showed up at 1:30 my room wasn't ready until 4pm. An hour after regular check-in. What really annoyed me was when I first checked in, they told me 25 minutes wait. Came back 40 minutes later, they told me to wait 35 minutes more. Came back 40 minutes later and they told 30 more minutes. Wow, I finally checked in at 4pm. Later I accidentally ordered the wrong movie. I called up immediately and explained what happened. They refused to take it off the bill. Finally, I woke up in the morning and notice the bed spread had some dried stains on it. I'm not an expert but it looked like dried blood stains. I took a photo and showed it to the front desk. They said sorry and that was it. They didn't really care. Oh, also no room service which surprises me because I thought that was a basic requirement for an "elite" hotel.

1 Thank johnstone01
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
johnstone01 - Thank you for sharing this with us and we apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We understand the burden of traveling and our team does everything they can to ensure we can accommodate guests once they arrive. This can be an arduous task at times when the hotel experiences a high level of occupancy and on rare occasions this can happen and it seems like we did not make this unfortunate situation any better for you. We are also disappointed to hear about some of the other service issues you encountered and this is not what we expect our team to deliver to our guests. We have reviewed these points with our team and identify why we fell short. We will be reaching out to you via direct message in Tripadvisor in hopes of connecting with you to discuss your experience further.

Binbrook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Not sure about all the negative reviews but I was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of the hotel. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Grounds were very well cared for and quite picturesque. Staff was friendly and restaurant was delicious and well priced. Internet was a bit spotty but I can't wait to come back. Next time I will be sure to check out the neighbouring Main Street shoppes and restaurants which look very nice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mike R - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed you stay and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Water was cold & so were the associates...next trip to Miami we will definitely will stay at another location...every guest we came in contact with had a complaint & absolutely nothing positive to say about their stay...my shower didn't even have a shower head just sprayed cold water & don't waste time calling the front desk because your problem will not be resolved...BEWARE of this place!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ShineLexus
ShineLexus - We are disappointed to hear about your recent experience with us and we will be reaching out to you via Tripadvisor direct message in hopes of discussing your experience in more detail so we can identify some of the specific service issues you encountered. Our sincere apologies for this experience and we hope to connect with you soon.

Thank you for your time and safe travels

Suwanee, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This an older hotel that was renovated but it still seemed old. The staff was very friendly.
My bed was comfortable.
The internet was extremely SLOW, extremely SLOW!!
1 day I did have any towels.
No refrigerator in my room.

1 Thank dbr9025
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
dbr9025 - Thank you for providing us some feedback regarding your recent stay at Shula's. We are sorry to hear about some of the issues you encountered during your stay and appreciate the opportunity to share them with our team. We understand the importance of a strong internet connection and strive to provide our guests with a reliable infrastructure to meet their needs. We are confident this was an isolated incident and but are regretful that it impacted your stay. We do hope to have another opportunity in the near future to turn this experience around.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
3.5 of 5 stars 440 reviews

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!