“first timer. will return”

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The hotel staff was super friendly and professional. My husband and I ended up staying an extra night and they accommodated us with no problem. Shula's Steak 2 is a great place to eat or just have a drink. The food is good and the prices are not bad.The bartenders and servers were all wonderful. The only food that wasn't that great was the breakfast buffet. The meats were super salty and the pancakes and french toast were rock hard. Overall, it was a nice stay and we will most likely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Xtina L - We wanted to extend a belated thank you for sharing your review of Shula's Hotel on Tripadvisor. We were happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We have also shared your comments with our team and are taking a look at our breakfast buffet to ensure it is consistent and meets guest expectations. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to your next visit.

Safe Travels

Jorge

There are newer reviews for Shula's Hotel & Golf Club

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I like the hotel overall and have stayed once before, albeit in a different building. The area is nice and the bar staff in Shulas2 are fun. I had specific problems on my recent stay over the week of Thanksgiving. The particular hallway outside room 1255 is far too noisy. It's near elevators and multiple entrances. At between 6:00 and 8:00 AM you can forget about sleeping. The cleaning crews pass through the hallway and sometimes hang out for loud chit chat. The window faces the parking lot and is a few feet from a walkway where carts are pushed by. So noise comes from both sides. So if you stay at Shula's and want a quiet room, make sure you are not in the "World Cup" building by the conference room entrance. The other comment I'll make is that $15.00 for the breakfast buffet is over the top, especially since you're paying for lukewarm scrambled eggs and sausage. Thankfully McDonald's is a mile away.

Room Tip: There is no room service in Shula's, only take out available from the bar.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I work for Prime Sports Travel and every year we use Don Shula's in Miami Lakes to attend the Homestead NASCAR race with our clients. My event planner Maria Pellitero is the BEST!! She is always there to help us and goes out of her way to be sure our group (sometimes 300 clients or more) have everything we need! The hotel staff is great also and the hotel is so comfortable and fun. Which brings me to the restaurant, Don Shula's 2!! The restaurant manager John Pinilla is WONDERFUL! He also goes out of his way to be sure our clients have the best of everything. The food is fabulous, the atmosphere is awesome and the staff is so friendly! I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to book large groups, and for the perfect couple weekend getaway!!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the courtyard and the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've always loved staying at the Shula when visiting Miami Lakes. This time we found two small roaches in the bathroom and chipping paint in the bathroom. The shower has stains on the floor and the floor had hair. The gym is awesome! The restaurant is great for watching the game and grabbing a bite. The housekeeping and condition of the hotel needs some attention.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Shulas.
Location: The hotels location is right next to a quaint shopping area with many chain type restaurants which was nice since I did not have a car. Hotel is close to the airport so we heard a lot of airplane noise.
Rooms: It was obvious that they have tried to upgrade the rooms but did so with little expense.The floor and granite countertop appear new and look nice but the rest of the room is dated. The bathroom had paint splatters everywhere! My door leading to the pool was very hard to open and would not open with my room key at all. The room was so dark..no overhead lights just a three way lamp with a one way bulb and a tiny desk lamp that threw no light at all! But, the beds were wonderfully comfortable with great linens and pillows!
Cleanliness: The room looked clean on arrival (hard to tell in semi-darkness) but on closer inspection you could see that they never cleaned behind the bathroom door. Yuck. My Kleenex and glasses were not replaced for a few days. The floors made my bottom of my socks brown. After the third day it was obvious I had a new cleaning person and it was much cleaner but still dirty behind the bathroom door.
Hotel: The pool area looked nice and clean. Some hallways were so dark and had obvious burned out lights that were not replaced for the first few days. There were loud bangs almost every night around 10 pm that scared me. I did not feel totally safe here as did a few of my travel companions. I may have been better off on a higher floor.
Restaurant: Food was good in the Sports bar area though fries came out cool. Lots of great beers on tap!
Staff: Only one young man at the desk stood out as being charasmatic and welcoming! Rest of the workers at the desk, in the restaurant, and housekeeping were ho-hum.
Return: I don't think so. I am glad this trip was on someone else's tab! This may have been a nice hotel 10-15 years ago but has not been kept up well. If I had been here with my family, I don't think we would have stayed after the first night, if then....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Shula's is rather relaxing resort. Only downside is the hotel being close to the airport and it's sounds of planes landing. Whether you're a golfer or not, this is a nice place located in a peaceful part of Miami. Enjoy the pastries shop nearby as well as the outdoor pool!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We attended a high school reunion here this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay-our ground level king room opened out onto the pool area --loved the weather and ambience of this historic hotel in Miami Lakes! We were extended an hour extra check out time which was nice!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!