New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
florida
“The Heat is on!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had business in Miami Lakes and chose Shula's Hotel. My room was great, spacious, fresh look and bed was too comfy.......they have these cool door locks where you just pass the card key over this disc and voila, it opens. I got there late evening in time to have a sandwich and beer in Shula's restaurant, the place was packed with Miami Heat fans as it was game 7 in the conference finals. The server was terrific and the grilled chicken sandwich was great. Amid the roars and sounds from about 50 TVs in the place it was an enjoyable and fun evening. I left early the next morning so didn't really get to do much but enjoyed my brief visit and will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
stauggyguy - Glad you enjoyed the energy level at shula's steak 2 during the finals. We hope you have another opportunity in the near future to experience more of what Shula's has to offer. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to you next visit.

Safe Travels.

Jorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Novato, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just got home from a 3 night stay for a business trip. Shula's 2 was good the one night I ate there also had a good "sports dj" working that night. Found the desk was often un-staffed and had to wait for somebody to come out couple of times. Problem on check-in, they couldn't find my reservation even though I offered confirmation #. Cell phone connections were horriable but i think this is more of a Verizon lack-of-coverage thing. Wireless in the room (#1229) was really bad but they had did have a wire I could plug in with that and that worked well. Wood floors aren't too bad unless you're on the ground floor and there is somebody above you. Especially if that somebody is wearing heels, sounds a lot like rifleshots when they walk

Room Tip: higher floors are little less noisy. good choice of restaurants with in walking distance. watch ou...
    • 3 of 5 stars
50-in-Cabo - Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Shula's Hotel. So sorry to hear about your challenges with some of the items you mentioned. We hope the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I did stay &play package with the golf course. The room had a hardwood floor. One sink in the bathroom was replaced and upgraded to granite countertop. The shower is from 1990's, I could hear conversation in room next to me, a/c unit is loud but working, staff friendly, breakfast was full service, golf course is going under major renovation at end of may, greens being replaced, wish I new that when I made tee time, package price was wonderful , would like to play course after renovation. Keep trying,

• Stayed May 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Front desk staff were courteous as well as your dining staff. Room was very nice. The only downside was housekeeping - I came back to my room after it had been cleaned but all was not completed. For example, a pillow was left on the floor, the bath mat was not replaced, the TV remote had low batteries so was not reliable. These were small details but I think easy to avoid and/or correct.
Otherwise, it's a good hotel in a nice area and I would recommend to others.
Colin

1 Thank Colin S
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been staying here for business trips because its the closest hotel to the office but wish I had better options. The rooms are decent, good size, laminate flooring instead of carpet so you avoid issues with a high humidity climate and carpet. The rooms could use some love, marks on the walls, chips in paint on the door frame, repair marks from previous water damage on the ceiling. Also, the maid service is horrible. Always leave the ironing board out. They left trash in a co-workers room for a week.

It was also a bit of an uneasy feeling when I drove into the parking lot and saw a vehcile on blocks with no wheels. Not the best feeling to know there is crime like that while security is on staff in the hotel you're staying at.

I will say location is good though. Many restaurants and shops within walking distance. For a decent rate, putting up with the mediocre services isn't unreasonable.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I were down in miam for the run for your life 5k zombie race and we stayed for the weekend. From the moment we checked in to the moment we check out the hotel and staff treated us excellent. The rooms where huge and the bed felt like a cloud. We did not get a chance to eat breakfast but we did eat a late meal at the bar and the food was really good. We will stay there again next time we are in Miami

• Stayed April 2013
Plainfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Business traveler staying for 1st time. Front desk staff efficient and courteous. Appears to me that many items could be corrected with minor maintenance repair, such as cleaning and low cost maintenance items neglected, IE, hair and dirt in dresser drawers, hole in wall at light switch (maybe a roof leak has caused rotting drywall?); minor touch up paint needed on bath door, etc. Low cost, labor items concern me, as this is only what I can see...what is neglected that I cannot readily see? Would not recommend paying over one hundred per night. No frig or micro in room but free and plentiful parking. Within walking distance to a very nice downtown area. No pics to share at this time as in process of phone upgrading.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Robyn Z - Thank you for providing us with some insight into your recent experience at Shula's. We do apologize for some of the conditions you found in your room during your stay. We did just recently renovate our guestrooms and we should not have had those conditions present. We have reviewed your comments with our management team to ensure that these types of conditions are addressed and emphasize the importance of these details. We appreciate you taking the time to share.

Safe Travels

Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
4.0 of 5 stars 185 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Holiday Inn Miami West - Hialeah Gardens

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!