Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
$87
$131
$98
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$75
$116
$99
$116
$110
$114
Hampton.com
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
$119
$120
GardenInn.com
$120
$109
All reviewsmiami lakes areabusiness travelersouth floridabit datednice stayminute drivehousekeeping staffnice poolmiami beachalyssadolphinscvscruise
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was really impressed by the helpful, professional staff who worked w/me during a recent golf tourney (i.e. obtaining the room, pointing out great place to eat -- El Novillo restaurant nearby and telling me that we could park outside and not incur a valet charge) The only small negative was the server who brought me a glass of flat proseco and then replaced w/another and told me somewhat sarcastically that there was no charge since I didn't drink it!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor away from pool area to assure quieter stay
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Proseco - We are glad to hear about your recent experience at Shula's and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. We do apologize for the issue with the sparkling wine and hope that the remainder of your dining experience met or exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and we hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location is 40 minutes from Miami Airport and over an hour to the beach. But it is close to several restaunrants which I would recommend over the one on property. The bar was okay but pricey. Better options close by. The fitness center is okay but could use a good cleaning. The front desk personnel are good but they have significant issues with the cleaning staff. Rooms are not ready when they should be and rooms are not clean. I like the hardwood flooring but you need to do a better job cleaning them. The whole room should be mopped not just the entry way. The bathrooms need remodeled. Mine came with hair on the floor that was never removed even though I stayed several days. They need more cleaning staff and better housekeeping management.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

wade j - thank you for sharing your recent experience at shula's hotel. We apologize for the delay you encountered while checking in and for some of the issues you endured in your room. We appreciate you sharing this with us and we will be sure to review with our housekeeping team and stress the importance of their role at our property. We do hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay as well as the surrounding neighborhood. Thank you again for sharing.

Safe travels

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our football team stayed one night before playing at Florida International. The property is gorgeous and the staff is very professional and courteous. The meeting facilities were top notch and the restaurants had great food. Great overall experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

ccpillow - Thank you for allowing Shula's Hotel the opportunity to be your pregame host hotel. We enjoy the activity surrounding football season and always look forward to the energy the players bring with them as well as the professionalism the coaching and support staff always display. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future and wish you a very successful 2013 season.

Safe Travels

Reviewed February 7, 2013

After being forced to move from a far less superior hotel late one evening, we were able to book ourselves into this hotel after10PM at night! Even at that time of day, staff were enthusiastic, helpful and sympathetic to our situation. The room was clean, warm and welcoming. The location, near major highways (10-15 minutes to MIA), was a bonus. The grounds/landscaping/fountains etc are all tastefully done and a photographer's paradise. The entire resort area was clean and gave us the feeling of safety and security.

The only complaint we had with this hote is that we can't find anything to complain about!

Kudos to the front desk staff who put a whole new meaning to the word "friendly", and to all the maintenance staff who keep this area looking like a 5 star location.

If you are looking for great value for your hard-earned dollar, a stress-free stay and service which sets the bar, this might be the place for you!

Thanks for an incredible stay after an unfortunate previous hotel choice in the same area!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

1OttawaBob1 - Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Shula's Hotel with us. We are happy to hear about your experience and are very appreciative of the wonderful comments regarding our staff. We are very proud of what we have here at Shula's and our team truly enjoys providing our guests with simply great service. We will be sure to share these comments with our team.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a few weeks last year, and the couple things made an impression on me. Why I did not have ants or bugs crawling around my room like other reviewers (luckily), my thermostat broke on the first night and was unable to turn the air conditioning on. After this, I had to regulate the temperature manually by turning the cooling system on and off as required. This was the start of a few issues I had.

While the room is okay overall, I found the air conditioning to be very ineffective. After just a week my papers felt down and it seemed like the humidity could not be gotten rid of! For Miami, this is very poor.

Finally, the shower was very stiff to turn on and off, I even had to call maintenance a couple times to help me get it off.

I do not see myself returning to this location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

grouse4scouse - Thank you for posting a review of your August 2012 stay at Shula's Hotel. We are sorry to hear about some of the issues you encountered during your stay. At the time we were in full swing with our renovations and have since completed our guestrooms and common area refreshing. We hope you would reconsider giving Shula's another opportunity to show you what changes we have made since your last visit and turn your August experience around. Thank you again for your time.

Safe Travels.