“Nice Hotel in a Nice Area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shula's Hotel & Golf Club

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Nice Hotel in a Nice Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Only stayed here for one Saturday Night but it was very enjoyable. I was able to check in early. Front staff actually asked me what kind of view I wanted. Pool or Gardens. I chose pool. When I got to room I heard a beep every 2 minutes going off. I called front desk twice and finally maintenance arrived and it was the Smoke Detector battery that needed to be replaced. The rooms are very nicely furnished. Shula"s Steak 2 is an upscale sports bar that is inside the hotel. Good food. A little pricey. Got a nice rate for being an AAA Member. Miami Lakes is a very nice area. Lots of shops and restaurants, all close by. I would stay here again. No problem at all. Also, if you like Thai food, there is a restaurant called "Thai Cafe" literally 100 feet from the front door of the hotel. Its been there forever. Has great food, service and atmosphere.

Room Tip: I had a Pool View Room. Was very nice with a Great View!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and thought the room was very nice. Big sized, clean and nice toiletries provided ! The restaurants are nice and there is a bakery, shopping street and Starbucks right next door. The only problem is that Miami lakes is quite far from south beach etc :( the hotel does provide a free shuttle bus to anywhere in the Miami lakes area. Gym is across the street with spa too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gillette, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I found this hotel and chose it because of the proximity to Sun Life Stadium and because it was in a nice, safe area. I liked the hotel, staff was very helpful. Shula2 located in the hotel offered a very nice dinner and also a complimentary breakfast Buffett. Sports memorabilia was great! Parking was free. I enjoyed the close proximity of shops and dining. My only complaint is the hair found in the white tile in the bathroom! Yuck! Otherwise quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My daughter graduated from St Thomas University with her MBA on 15th December 2012.
My husband and I took my daughter, her husband, two kids, and a friend to celebrate over lunch.
The service was great and the food was delicious.
We all had a great time in the clean surroundings.
We even took photos in front of the Christmas tree.
We will recommend that hotel for lunches or any occasion.

Room Tip: WE did not stay at the hotel. WE only had lunch to celebrate a very special occasion.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Shula Hotel and was really impressed...all of the staff was courteous and helpful...the rooms were updated and comfortable with nice courtyard views...excellent proximity to Sun Life Stadium...and a short drive to the greater Miami area...with breakfast included, it was extremely competitively priced and a great value.I also really liked the location off of "Main Street" which closed to motor traffic in the evening and provided a really unique atmosphere.

Shula's Steakhouse was, in a word, delicious...wish there was one in KC...took the hotel shuttle to and from so I didn't have to hassle with driving/parking..which made it really convenient.

I hated to leave...my only regret is that I didn't have one more day to get a round of golf in on their course....next year for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter V
Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just spent another great evening at Shula's. I expect a great room (I got it) and great food (I got that, too!). But - this time I foucused on the staff - from the front desk to the housekeeping service to those who provided our catering during our meeting. They were among the best that I've encountered! Always a warm smile and friendly disposition. And, when I accidentally left my wedding ring in my room on 12/13/12, the housekeeper on the 3rd floor found it and held it for me until I could break from my meeting to check to see where I had left it.
Such great service! I recommend this great hotel to everyone - you'll love it!

Room Tip: You must visit the spa during your stay...the best!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. It is not too expensive and a 4 star quality. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. We went to Miami for a football game. We were concerned about cab fare to and from the stadium. No problem, Don Shula's chartered a bus and it cost us a fraction of what a cab would of cost. Food was also good. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
4.0 of 5 stars 182 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
3.5 of 5 stars 440 reviews

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!