“Nice Room - Nice area”

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
“Nice Room - Nice area”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night. We had found a cheaper rate on a travel website and true to their web site they met the price and gave us a free upgrade. They actually upgraded us to a suite which was very nice and spacious. The courtyard area is lovely and the hotel staff was very nice. It's about 30 minutes away from Miami beach area but definitely a good place to stay. Lots of shops and restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
pgjudy - Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Glad to hear you exercised the Best Rate Guarantee and received the complimentary upgrade. We hope you were able to enjoy the neighborhood as you mentioned, there are many shops and dining options within walking distance.

Thanks again for posting and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Dated and greatly in need of renovation, room drab, furnishings tired and worn.
We chose this hotel based on its website and reviews plus location being close but not too near international airport; however did not allow for local airport runway proximity!!
In my opinion website is overly complementary. In response to pre- arrival email I booked table in steak house but received no acknowledgement/confirmation. Had trouble with key cards not working consistently. Steak house 2 dark and service slow - food was ok. Business centre advertised on Signature room floor but also used for breakfast so only open for that period. Huge fitness area with lots of equipment is probably only saving grace.
Would not recommend nor return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SweetpeaBasel
SweetpeaBasel - We were very disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at Shula's Hotel. We appreciate the feedback and we value what our guests have to say regarding their experience. We have recognized the fact that we need to renovate and have a plan to complete by the end of the summer of 2012. Thank you for sharing and we hope we have another opportunity to have you as our guest again and turn your experience around.

Safe travels
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was very pleased. With this hotel, it had everything. The best part was the amazing gym with a great weight selection. Also by main street with countless shops, a movie theatre and several more places. This place was truly paradise but also had a bad experience with bed bugs. My mom was bitten several time and also had a swollen eye etc...BEWARE! Don't let this put you off as the destination and the hotel aside from this unrecognised issue was perfect. Spa right next to hotel, free of charge and great nice people. Good service and awesome restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ryan M - Thank you for taking the time and posting your review of Shula's Hotel. We appreciate the wonderful comments and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We were sorry to hear about your mom's condition and hope it was short-lived. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you.

Thanks again and safe travels.
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We won this hotel through Priceline. I just wanted 1 night in Miami. Initially I wanted Miami beach and downtown Miami, but I could not get a room with a $100 budget. I finally got this hotel after I decided to compromise and stay further inland. Room was clean. Check in was quick. There are so many shops and food options on Main st. There was also a movie theater. This hotel is ok for 1 night. It is 30 minutes from all the actions.

1 Thank newbees
newbees - Thank you for posting a review of Shula's Hotel on Tripadvisor. We hope our team meet or exceeded your expectations during your stay. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Thanks again and safe travels.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here. The area around the hotel is nice and various restaurants and shops are within walking distance. Very close to Sun Life Stadium. The hotel is not near South Beach or downtown Miami. If you're looking for a quiet, clean place to stay while in the Miami area, this is it!

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobChoc
RobChoc - We were happy to hear you were able to enjoy not only the hotel but the great neighborhood we are nestled in. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and we looked forward to being of service to you again.

Safe travels.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is my second time staying at Shula's Hotel and Golf. First time wasn't that bad but the second wasn't good. The hotel A/C works perfectly; however, you'll freeze even when placed on low. I asked upon check-in for a Microwave and refrigerator and was advised that one will be placed in the room. I left to do some shopping and when I came back, you guessed it....it wasn't there. I called front desk back and they apologized and told me that everyone went home for the night and I would have to wait until morning for the refrigerator and microwave. I wasn't happy considering I bought items such as milk and juice that needed to be refrigerated. 2nd strike was when I was laying in bed watching tv and housekeeping just opened the door without knocking. She was frightened to see me there because she was advised that I was checking out. I said nope, I don't check out until tomorrow. Thank god I wasn't naked. Then I called and asked for extra towels. 1 hour later I was still waiting. I called back then 10 minutes later I received them. I'm not returning. Don Shula's hotel is nothing more than a overpriced Days Inn.

Room Tip: Save yourself and stay elsewhere.
1 Thank TamaraTammy32
TamaraTammy32 - Thank you for sharing you experience with us and we were sorry to hear about some of the issues you encountered during your stay. We are regretful that we were not able to turn those experiences around but do appreciate the feedback. We have shared your comments with our team and look forward to utilizing this information as a training tool for our team. Again our sincere apologies and thank you for your time.

Safe travels

Travelers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed 4 nights from 29th March for Wrestlemania. Rooms were excellent and the staff very friendly. Ate at Shula2 twice for breakfast and evening meal and found food to be good.
Great location for Sun Life Stadium but not so good for downtown Miami. Good restaurants on doorstep too. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank colin e
colin e - Greetings to our friends in the UK. We would like to thank you for posting your review of Shula's Hotel on Tripadvisor and were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you had a great time at Wrestlemania and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again and safe travels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!