Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
$107
$87
$98
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$75
$99
$93
$87
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$96
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$109
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
$99
Courtyard
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
$113
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$119
GardenInn.com
All reviewsmiami lakes areabusiness travelersouth floridabit datednice stayminute drivehousekeeping staffnice poolmiami beachalyssadolphinscvscruise
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Feb. 26, 2012. The room was really nice with hardwood floors and new furniture. I was pleased with the cleanliness too. When I woke up the next morning I had 10 bites on my neck, cheek and forehead. I noticed drops of blood on my pillow and I thought that some mosquito must have had a feast. I returned home to Switzerland that night. The bites were clearly something more than a mosquito bite so I started researching. The bites were all in a row and looked more like blisters and the drops of blood all identified these bites to be from bedbugs. I phoned the hotel on Feb. 29th and reported my problem. I was told the hotel manager named Geroge would be calling my back. No one ever called me back. My room number was 3261 but I fear this problem is more wide spread than just the room I stayed in. Travelers beware!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank RaquelL446
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Raquel L - Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here at Shula's. We do apologize for your negative experience and for someone not calling you back. Our guests are very important to us and not receiving a call back in simply not acceptable on our part. As for the bedbugs, the hotel industry in on high alert for this type of activity as it can be introduced by any guest at anytime as it is not a cleanliness issue. No hotel is immune to this although none will admit it. I can assure you we do not have a problem but we know we need to be vigilant and have an assertive program in place to ensure the best possible practices are being employed. Again we do apologize and understand your concerns.

Thanks again and safe travels

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Meh, not the worst hotel in the world, but nothing to rave about here. The staff is friendly, but the rooms are a little tired - even on the "signature" floor that we were on. So here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
Friendly staff
Good location for Miami Lakes (several restaurants and bars within walking distance).
Free breakfast on the Signature floor wasn't too bad - nice selection of cold cuts.

Cons:
LOUD A/C.
Tired looking room (scratched furniture).
Bad shower head
Bed was too soft
Bed linens were not the best (a bit heavy)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sophie-Mar

Sophie-Mar - Thank you for providing us with some insight into your recent stay with us here at Shula's. We are in the process of some property renovations and some of the issues you mentioned are being addressed. We regret having you experience them but we are confident that our renovations will eliminate these kinds of experiences. We do thank you for your kind words regarding our team and will be sure to share this with them. We do hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again and experience some of the changes taking place at Shula's.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

What a gem of a hotel this is! Although 20 mins or so from beach area of Miami I would definitely recommend this hotel. Miami Lakes is a nice little town and the hotel is right next to restaurants and a good bar.
Lovely pool area and delightful staff!!

Room Tip: We had a pool view room and it was lovely
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaLucy

AnnaLucy - Thank you for providing us with a review of your experience at Shula's Hotel. We were happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again and safe travels

Reviewed March 11, 2012

great spot for golfers, if you dont fancy the hustle of the big city, too far from the attractions if you are only visiting for few days. You need to drive long distance to get to downtown. The supermarket and pharmacy is handy and loads of coffee shop and restaurants for variety of tastes( Italian,Chinese and Cuban delights) with movie house too! The shula spa is just the bonus! variety of treatments and the staff are great, relaxing ambience....

Room Tip: Choose rooms infront of the pool, a little bit quieter....
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank iresharon

iresharon - Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Shula's Hotel. We are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our local neighborhood and well as the spa. Our golf course is wonderful as well. We are very glad to have so much to offer locally and enjoy hearing about it from our guests.

Thank again and safe travels.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This hotel is very large and there is lots of hiking between most rooms and the restaurant, lobby and fitness center. The rooms were fine, but not great. They all have a nice balcony with sliders and screens so you can sit outside. Nice pool area. My room had harwood floors and a flat screen TV. However many of channels were very fuzzy. Also in order to turn on the bathroom light, it goes on in tandem with the hall light. Not great for those middle of the night trips when you are trying not to wake the other person.
Bathroom was ok. Had a shower head on a hose, however, it would not stay on the holder tightly and once fell and hit me in the arm, The sink is just a sink with no counter space. There is a storage cart in the bathroom to hold your things but it is not near the sink. Also there were no glasses in the bathroom or anywhere in the room. (I used the cups with the coffee maker) the hair dyer only blows slightly warm air so it took a long time to dry my hair.
Room had a nice size desk, free wireless, the beds were not espcecially comfortable. Oh I must also complain like the others that that constant drone of the AC is deafening, not only inside, but when you sit on your balcony too. The closet is very small and drawers in my dresser would not stay closed.
I had a terrible experience at the restaurant (which I rated separately). I was not impressed, though it is near a darling area where you can walk to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank sendmehome

sendmehome - Thank you for being a top contributor on Tripadvisor and leaving a review of your recent stay at Shula's. Shula's a large property and do apologize for your room being so far from the main areas of the hotel. We are also in the process of some upgrades in the hotel and one of them was our conversion to HD programming on our televisions which is why you were experiencing some fuzzy images. We do regret you had to experience the trouble. We also took note of some of the other items you mentioned you had issues with and have shared them with our team. We appreciate the communication and we hope some of these items did not affect the remainder of your stay.

Thanks again and safe travels.