“Very Satified Customer”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Dublin, Georgia
“Very Satified Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have always stayed at the El Palacio Sports Hotel everytime that we visit Miami. We visit often because my wife father live near by. The last time that we were there we had a fire alarm go off in the middle of the night and we had to vacate the building into the parking lot. The staff was very polite in communicating the problem. The next day after returning to Georgia I received a call from the manager stating the Hotel will me making amends for the inconvience that we have had..

Room Tip: My wife alway enjoy the room faceing the race track, she love to see the horses.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

My vacation was in may 2014. I booked 4 nights at this hotel thinking it was decent. The hotel looked runned down, rooms and halls had a nasty smell. There were TOO many children wandering and playing in the halls. They ran out of towels and the breakfast that was included in my package was a complete JOKE. We didnt even get the room we were promised so they agreed to give us a roll on mattress but never received it. When we asked the night shift manager (black tall man) he told us that he had no idea where these were kept and he could not leave the front desk because he was the only one working. I will NEVER BOOK AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Madeline S
William21485, General Manager at Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Do Not Book,

I first want to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your stay. In the last 6 months our hotel has been remodeled with new carpet, paint, bedding and furniture. The hotel never promises a certain room to our guests. You booked a reservation off a website and we honored the room type. You are assigned the room number at check in. Roll a way beds cannot be promised either as they are an extra charge to the guest. Our breakfast, as stated, is a free continental breakfast. It is not part of any package. Our front desk agents are not allowed to leave the front desk unattended at any time. Daily housekeeping service provides towels accordingly. I'm sorry you choose to never book with us again. The hotel does everything possible to service our guests and provide great budget friendly rates.

GM

Travelers are raving about these Miami Gardens hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

So we went to Miami for a graduation this past week and decided to stay at El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, we had three rooms such a disappointment. The pictures online are such a joke...the hotel was awful...the rooms/hotel/halls had an odor. The furniture in the rooms were broken and had stains, the bathroom had no air vents, my brothers room had a roach, the housekeeping lady never offered to clean our room and when she finally came such an attitude...and the front desk had the nerves to charge my credit card twice. NEVER EVER AGAIN...That hotel needs to be torn down!!!!

Room Tip: "No tip to provide..awful hotel"
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank KG9553
Hello KG9553,
I apologize for the inconveniences you are expressing. Our goal is to have satisfied guests while providing budget friendly rates. The hotel has undergone renovations in the last 6 months consisting of new flat screen T.V.s, bedding, furniture, carpeting and paint. Double charging our guest is not our policy. If this had occurred we certainly would have solved this immediately at your time of stay. We provide housekeeping service to all guests. We have a professional exterminating company that services the hotel monthly. We are sorry the hotel did not meet your needs. We certainly do not feel we need to be torn down!

Respectfully
GM
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel experience was great and the room and view was amazing. The had plenty of restaurant to eat at and places to visit. I will now make this my hotel to stay when ever I'm in the area and would recommend this hotel for future stays.

• Stayed May 2014
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I did not enjoy my stay at this particular hotel. Bad thing is its the only hotel in the area. I am from Miami Gardens and still thought the condition of the rooms and the hotel need some upgrades. The beds were like sleeping on wood. The carpet felt sticky and gross. The look was just of despair. The staff was nice though. I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

El Palacio is a very nice hotel, that's where I stay whenever I need a getaway.The service is good and I really like the over viewing even tho it wasn't the ocean but looking at
the city was great.i would recommend this hotel to my friends or family members to stay there because their rate is also affordable and the rooms are kept in order.

• Stayed May 2014
Jupiter, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

- The hotel website (and an email from one of the hotel staff members) indicated that the hotel was a 1/2 mile walk to the stadium. This is the SOLE reason as to why we booked this hotel, as there was an event at the stadium we wanted to attend. When I reached the hotel, we stood waiting to check in, and I google-mapped the walking distance to the hotel. Now, it was 1.8 miles. Very different to the advertising on the website and email. When I asked the staff member she promptly told me it was 1.8 miles as well. When I showed her the email I received she was not very apologetic, nor very helpful. I had injured my back and was unable to walk the further distance. We inquired about a taxi and she told me not to bother because the taxis would not come to the hotel because it was such a short distance to the stadium - again, not mentioned on your website! She was also unapologetic about this.

There were further problems with our room:

- When we tried to enter our room we could not get in. Our room keys kept giving us an error.
- Upon entering the room, none of the lights worked. We had to plug in all the appliances ourselves. There was also a strange smell in the room.
- In terms of the other aspects of the room, the bathroom had not been cleaned properly when we arrived, and the bathroom light took five minutes to turn on to its optimum level. It was as if it did not even work at first. The beds were uncomfortable, and our TV remote did not work. The water for the room was luke-warm at best.
- After attending our event, we returned to our room to bath and shower. Again, our keys were faulty. We noticed that we were missing towels. There was only one long length towel in our room. When we called down to housekeeping, no one picked up. Reception did not pick up either. After calling for 10 minutes, we had to go downstairs and ask for a towel. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, and made it seem that we had such an audacity to ask for a towel that should have been in our room in the first place.

I received an email from the hotel, after our stay, asking for comments. I replied with the exact same comments above. I did not hear from them again. I would not stay at this hotel again, because of it's poor service and misleading information. I hope that it has now been corrected.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!