“Don't be fooled...this place is a dump!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Stadium Hotel

Stadium Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Atlanta, GA
“Don't be fooled...this place is a dump!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I’m not sure where the people who rated this hotel before me …really stayed. My family tells me that there are two locations with the same name. All I know is the location by the stadium is a dump! I didn’t experience any of the “pleasant surprises” nor the “wonderful stays” that the guests raved about on this website. My room was located on the front side of the hotel. Loud traffic noises all day and night. As a matter of fact, I’m not sure which room wouldn’t hear traffic noise, because the hotel sits directly in the middle of a busy street in front , turnpike and some other highway on the sides, and the race track in the back. It didn’t stink and there weren’t bed bugs so I guess I should be thankful for that. However there were a whole lot of other problems. The tub was cracked, and filthy. The toilet seat had permanent brown stains, a black ring inside and it was chipping. The showerhead was filthy as well. There was low water pressure and a slow drain. Needless to say, there was standing dirty water around my ankles every time I showered. Disgusting!! We stayed two nights, but housekeeping didn’t refresh our room. We left a 9am, so they had plenty of time. It seems that they refill an old lotion bottle. The lotion bottle had not label and looked warn. We had to ask for more towels and toilet tissue. I guess that angered the Front Desk, because they gave us thin ones with stains. Why they only left half a roll of toilet tissue is beyond me. It sent a message that they didn’t really want us there. There was a microwave, refrigerator and flat screen tv However, the picture that showed on the flat screen was fuzzy. No need to watch it. The privacy curtain was torn and had holes in it. A lot of the fixtures were rusty. Also, my husband noticed some unsavory residents there. The locals said that they rent the rooms by the month. Maybe that explains why someone stood in front of the hotel and repeatedly hollered out some incomprehensible scream. It reminded me of a scene from tv when the look out attempts to alert the perpetrator that the cops are coming. I’ll never stay here again. I plan to warn others as well.

Room Tip: Not sure...tell them that you are the descendant of a Miami Dolphin! Maybe that will help.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PrettyInPink18
William21485, Manager at Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Pretty in Pink 18,
I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience. I do not know your room or your name to look into these issues. I only wish we could have rectified it when you were in the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Enjoyed my stay there and will be returning next time when we get there.
Thank You very much all the staff were professional and courteous!
Excellent location to the stadium the bar was good and the deck also overlooking the race track was cool.

Room Tip: High floors are better
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob C
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I enjoyed every momemt I lived in Miami many years ago I have friend and relative but I chosed to stay by you and I have no regrets, Plaese consider me as one of your regular. Thanka on God Bless (Douglas Allen)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Orlando FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Thank you. The location was great! This was our second visit. We were on the 5th floor the first time and in room 818 this past Thanksgiving weekend. We enjoyed being over the horserace track. The maid service was very good. Thanks for asking.

Room Tip: If you like horses, ask for floors 8 and 9 track side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a wonderful stay last weekend Nov 23-25th. We arrived on an early flight and the man at front desk (sorry don't remember his name) was very gracious and got us into a room early which we appreciated. Room was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed food and drink at Legends sports grill the service was excellent. Upon checkout we had trouble printing off our boarding passes and staff was kind enough to allow us behind the desk to use the computer it was very appreciated! We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Florida to see a Miami dolphins game.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank vacationalot2010
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My trip was short, but sweet. I spend three night from 7th Oct, 2013.
Stayed In room #621. The view from the balcony was beautiful.
Room was real clean and comfortable.
My stay was relaxing and stress free.
Try this place, I am sure you will enjoy.
Thanks again El Palcio

Room Tip: The higher, the better
Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Charles408
Winter Haven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed @ the el P weekend of Canes vs. Va Tech. Great room on the 8th floor over looking the race track. Saw a race, very cool. Had a pre game meal in the sports bar. Great food and service. After a very bitter loss went back to the bar to ease the pain. Great service from all the bar staff.
( Danny, Marisa, Annette )

Up early next day, easy to get back on the turnpike. Clean , neat room, good price good service, great proximity to stadium. 2 nd time staying here, all good. We will be back.

Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!