“Hotel was extremely uncomfortable, dingy, and well not worth the money.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stadium Hotel

Stadium Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Maryland
“Hotel was extremely uncomfortable, dingy, and well not worth the money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

The hotel was very uncomfortable. The rooms have a foul smell and the bed linen is extremely too small for the mattress. The third floor carpet smell as if it had not been cleaned in years. We begged for a room change and was only told the rooms was previously assigned and room changes was not an option. However after meeting with the unfriendly owner, we were assigned another room only because we were refused a refund and not allowed to check out early. (Family Reunion Contract) Please do not expect an upgrade. The Priority Club Floor located on the 8th floor and has a wonderful view but dingy comforters. Don't waste your time. Try pulling bed sheets all during the night.....

• Liked — Various shops and dining in nearby area.
  • Disliked — Rooms and fee to use the internet. $1.00 for 3 minutes usage.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
GEORGIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

We had several issues to arise during the time of making our reservations, but, no matter what came up the staff at this wonderful hotel (especially Miss Joanie) handle the problem very professionally. After a 10 hour drive this beautiful hotel was a glorious site. There are no words to express how truly amazing
it really is, the photos on their website doesn't do it justice. I have stayed at many hotels and the EL Palacio is the best ever. The entire hotal is very Clean, and overall well keep.
My only regret is I did not get a chance to stay longer or use the pool ( if I could I would drive another 10 hours just for 1 more night). I like to thank the very courtesy staff at the front desk and the lounge area I just wish I had more room to mention them all so to keep from missing anyone a very big thank you to
all. Maybe i will have another chance to visit Miami and I will be
more than happy to stay at the El Palacio Sports Hotel & Convention Center. I also wanted to mention how quickly we were checked in and in our rooms without delay or any issues.

• Liked — CLEAN ROOMS/HOTEL STAFF
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING WAS GREAT
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank shorty1GEORGIA
Guatemala
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

My wife and I stayed there for a few days prior to take a cruise. We wanted the cheapest hotel we could find because we wanted to do some shopping. Our deepest fear was that it was going to be terrible so our expectations were very low and that helped our experience. The location is good, next to the shopping malls in Miami, we got around very easy. They have an OK free continental breakfast, however they have a buffet on Saturdays that costs $10, we were surprised that the breakfast had gotten better until they charged us. I felt it was too expensive for what we got. The room was OK, we had one with a view to the race track, however do not expect too much. The bathroom was not clean when we arrived and the safe was not working and they charged us a fee anyway. It was two or three dollars so we prefered not to do a big deal out of it. We had a a noisy room neighbors so that did not help. Do not expect much from the front desk. I asked for a wake up call and I am still waiting. However I have been in cheap hotels before and I can tell you this is not the worst, so if you are looking cheap and you are afraid that the place is going to be terrible do not be. You will live.

• Liked — Location, Price
  • Disliked — Cleaninless
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EdgarSGuatemala

Travelers are raving about these Miami Gardens hotels

miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2008

the service was incredible. the employers where friendly, helpful, polite. They treated us with the upmost respect. They made me feel as if i was a million dollar customer. The hotel is lovely and amazing filled with activities for the whole family... I live in MIAMI and i come to the PALACIO HOTELS just to get away from home. On one of my visit I met one of the owners. The gentleman was very polite and well mannered. made sure i was in the best of hands. i would love to thank every body at the palacio hotel for making all my stays worth coming back

Stayed November 2007
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2008

I'm a mom, and I took my 2 children, 6years and 3 years of age to stay near the stadium for a boyscout event. I walked in with no reservations around dinnertime, and was given a room on the first floor. WHAT AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE!!! The room and bathroom were done almost entirely in marble, there was a jaccuzzi tub right in the room itself, not the bathroom, a new tv, telephones everywhere, wifi access, cofee maker, fabulous bed with soft blankets....... the room opened up onto it's own private porch, that then opened right onto the swimming pool. The pool is lined with greco-roman statues, and is georgeous! I got the kids dinner from the sports bar on the top floor...what a view!... and we dined like we were royalty in our own private greek villa. You'll love it!

Stayed December 2007
4 Thank RimaAthena
Ross, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2008

We arrived at the El Palacio a bit leery because the price was so right. The uneasiness disappeared as soon as we hit the front door. The front desk folks were very friendly the entire stay. Next we were very impressed with the room. We had a corner o n the 8th floor overlooking the Calder racetrack. What a view! The balcony was comfortable for evening and morning viewing., The room was spotless. The housekeeping did a great job every day.
The sports bar on the 9th floor is huge. The food and drink are typical bar fare. Breakfast at $10 was OK. Same every day. Eggs etc. Did the job. The pool, putt putt and basketball court provide a nice diversion. I would stay here again. Close to Dolphin stadium. They run a shuttle for games.
It is not the Hilton but neither is the price. It is a bargain. To the previous posters. There are bugs in tropical areas like florida. I however, saw not a one.
Two thumbs up.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — no diet pop in macine
  • Stayed January 2008
2 Thank amrdia
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

Ask me if I would stay here again, I would have to seriously think twice about it. Our phone did not work the 4 days we were there. We found a french fry beside the bed. Then to top it off we had a roach crawling on the headboard......There were young adults partying next to us so we were unable to get a good night sleep the first night. We stayed Saturday through Tueseday. The party stopped Sunday evening. I spoke to the front desk about the phone not working the first night and then again on the third night. I spoke to the same person on the second attempt to get the phone fixed. When we went to check out I told the young lady who checked us out about the problems and her remark was,"Oh my!" There was no apologizing to us for the unsatisfactory items in our room. If for some reason I would have to stay here again I would inspect the room before excepting the room and I would make sure all the amentities worked properly.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — cleanliness and amentieis not working.........
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!