My wife and I got bitten by bed bugs on our first night, she found an adult bed bug filled with blood on the comforter the next morning before she realized what it was she killed it leaving blood spots on the comforter, we alerted the front desk who said they would talk to the manager who comes in at 10am this was at 8am we told them we will be out for the day and to have them call when they got in. A manager did call around 12pm and told us to come back to the hotel so we could switch rooms, when we got back to the hotel to move my wife wanted to show me the blood but upon entering the room the bed was made, she pulled back the comforter and there it was it was clear that the sheets we slept on the night before were not changed either and this room was prepared for the next check in.
The elevator as well as the corridors leading to both rooms on two separate floors smelled of mold/must and was visible on the walls and ceilings. There were flies on the wall on the 8th floor, hotel staff banged on our door at 3am and frontdesk called shortly after rudely Telling us that what we ordered was ready. I went to wipe my face in a towel and noticed it was USED (there were fresh dirt marks on neatly folded towels), the sheets and pillows in both rooms that we stayed in were not cleaned they smelled like sweat and body odor and had dirt marks with body hairs including pubic hairs all over the beds, I am convinced they do not change the linens after each check out they just make the bed back up, when we asked for fresh towels they told us to come to the FD for them because HK was not going to be in until 9am, we had to use our clothes to dry off in as it would've been inconvenient for any of us to go down to the front desk, just the thought of something so personal as towels being at the front desk made us uncomfortable, I am positive hotels keep their linens in linen closets or laundry rooms on at the front desk. This hotel needs to be condemned then shut down, then knocked down and built back to get back to where it used to be, its too far gone, each floor smelt worst than the last. On check out we told the manager about the bed bugs and the bites my wife and I endured and the one she saw and killed and she seemed like she was surprised I would've liked to think that these notes were made from the first time we told them but they weren't and I didn't see this manager write them down either. Our biggest concern was bringing them back home with us, we are in the process of inspecting and sanitizing everything that was in the room, we are still uncomfortable having to sleep in those two rooms on those dirty sheets and dirty pillows the dirt and hair was visible all over the beds and pillows in both rooms. Its a shame because we stayed there 3 years ago and enjoyed it but now it has gone downhill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stadium Hotel is The Very Best Among Miami Budget Hotels Stadium Hotel is the closest Hotel To Calder Casino & Race Course and Sun Life Stadium in the City of Miami Gardens, Florida. Our Miami Gardens hotel is a mile from Sun Life Stadium, which hosts sporting, music and entertainment events all year long. From your room you can look right down onto the Calder Casino & Race Course. If you're searching for Miami hotel accommodations that are as close as possible to the sports you like, look no further. Stadium Hotel is the only name you need to know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Stadium Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Palacio Sports Hotel Miami Gardens
- El Palacio Sports Hotel And Conference Center
- El Palacio Sports Miami
- El Palacio Hotel
- Hotel El Palacio Sports