We needed to stay over in Miami Gardens area after returning from our annual cruise to attend the funeral of a family member who was killed in a motorcycle accident while we were at sea.
This property is adjacent to the Calder Casino and Race Course (formerly Calder Race Course). The El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, once a Holiday Inn, was a “colossal disappointment”.
1. The continental breakfast was filled with stale pastries and flies
2. The bed linens and bathroom towels were frayed, dingy and worn thin from overuse
3. The 5th floor reeked of cigarette smoke
4. The bathroom had not been cleaned and a used bar of soap was left in the soap dish
5. The furnishings and décor were deeply rooted in the 70’s
6. Well dressed and groomed, and in several instances the attire was quite provocative;
we observed a noticeable number of hourly guests coming and going through the hotel’s
7. The daytime desk personnel and a gentleman from maintenance were two positives for this
Miami Gardens, Florida property. These lovely individuals were pleasant, professional and
We felt the hotel to be an unsafe and unsavory environment for our young grandchildren (13, 14, 15 and 16). In fact we would not allow them to enter the building’s lobby without an adult from the family to accompany them, especially after 11 o'clock pm.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking