“Penny-Wise, Pound Foolish” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Hauppauge, New York
“Penny-Wise, Pound Foolish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We recently booked a one-night stay at this hotel and unfortunately went with a nonrefundable rate. Within 24 hours of our reservation date we had to rush a family member to the hospital and therefore had to cancel the reservation. We explained the situation to the hotel manager, Joanie Ross, and offered to provide her with the hospital documentation as proof. We asked Ms. Ross if we had any options available to us rather than losing our money completely. We suggested taking a credit for a future stay, at which time we would lengthen our booking by at least two additional nights. We were informed by Joanie Ross that she would only comply with that request if we selected a future date before the end of the phone conversation, which is all but impossible. She informed us that the hotel had problems with bankruptcy, so she adamantly refused to assist us any further. She said that her policies are final and unwavering. Ms. Ross is in a service-oriented business. Not only did she lose money on this deal, she also lost a customer and any future business from everyone we know. I would rather sleep in my car than stay a single minute in Ms. Ross's hotel. She did get our money, though, and I guess that's all that matters to her.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nixmom110
William21485, Manager at Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello Mr. Penny Wise-Pound Foolish,
The hotel apologizes for the inconveniences you have expressed. We apologized as well in conversation to you and did make an honest effort to remedy this unfortunate situatation. It just did not meet your approval. Again we apologize.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Avon Park, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay. This was my third year staying at El Palacio during the Jazz in the Gardens. They will see me Next year in March 2014. I like cause the Hotel is so close to Sun Life Staduim since that is where the concerts was held at. It was inexpensive and quiet. Me and my friends will dedfinitely stay ther again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Ms.Takia,
Thank you for sharing this review and being apart of Jazz in the Gardens weekend. The Jazz is always a very busy time here at the hotel but very exciting as well. We enjoy hearing about guests as yourself that have a great memorable time with us. We look forward to March 2014 Jazz. See you on your next return visit.

Sincere Regards,
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

A personal thank you too the staff at El palacio for making my wedding reception beautiful beyond words. I was in awe and completely blown away by the decor of the ballroom. All I could was say WOW!!. Everything was so perfectly done. The food was excellent. The catering and bartending were so kind and professional. El Palacio you are the best!! See you next year for our 1st anniversary. Thank you for making March 16th, 2013 a day of beautiful memories for me and my husband.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you Ms. Minnie for sharing your beautiful experience of marriage with us here at El Palacio. We are delighted that your memories of your special day with us are ones that you will never forget. We are honored to have been a part of this day.

El Palacio Staff
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the room with King bed and jet tub. We loved the room and the amenities! Brand new flat screen TV and tile all throughout the room. Nicole at the front desk was awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for their rooms on the first floor with the jet tubs in the bedroom. We beautiful rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Mr. L,
We so appreciate your response to our hotel and staff. We look forward to your return stay here with us.

Roma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive but reasonable hotel to stay in the Miami area, and I found this hotel, close to the stadium in Miami Gardens. The hotel is conveniently located close to the turnpike, therefore it's easy reachable from the airport or any other major destination.
The hotel itself is no-frill, the rooms are ok, wifi free, parking free, breakfast free, although nothin to be thrilled about.
Staff kind and knowledgeable, I wouldn't suggest it for a family vacation, but if you are looking for a clean, unexpensive hotel in the great Miami area, is a valid alternative.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello Guest,
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your thoughts and honesty. As we are an older hotel we do maintain and keep our facility clean and offer low affordable rates. We hope to see you back in the future.

Regards
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

So we got this hotel via Travelocity's Mystery hotel booking. Let me tell you that if you choose this option for South Florida, you'll likely get this hotel. Had I known this is what "3 stars" is, I would not have booked it. They also have an additional hotel fee which is outside of what you pay via Travelocity..not cool.

It looks and is dated, think Miami Vice salmon color decor. The room was basic (clean), but had two of the hardest stone tablet-esque beds. My wife came home with lots of back pain. The internet was very slow (at least it was free). I was expecting a gym, but they got rid of it.

They host conferences/events on the top floor, and we experienced a loud evangelical event on our first night. It certainly would have continued if I would not have complained. Think of your hotel guests if you're going to allow a very loud event in the evening. They did take care of it, and did not hear any more of it.

The positives I have for it: 20 minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale/next to the turnpike/ plenty of parking/ a police hub at the hotel.

Sorry folks, I will pay more next time and stay at a better place. Thumbs up to the staff for being friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Look at the calendar of events; the event hall sits at the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Guest,
I apologize for the stay not meeting your standards. I thank you for the compliment to our staff. I wish you could of told us that you were unhappy with your room and stay so we could of tried to move you or had a chance at supplying your needs.

Kearny, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I love to stay in one of the Kingside Track rooms where you can see the jockeys training their horses in the early morning before dawn. It overlooks the outdoor swimming pool, and in the distance you can see the stadium where the Marlins play home games. The former fitness room was removed to make more room for people eating breakfast, which is included in the room price and includes fresh fruit, a few cereals, toast, and drink. The rooms are sufficiently large to make it comfortable to stay there to use the internet connection, which varies in strength from room to room. If you are a casino fan, which I am not, there is one within easy walking distance. The staff are always friendly and helpful at all times of the day and night.

Room Tip: The Kingside Track rooms on a high floor are best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank StevenJonKaplan
Thank you again for your outstanding review and support towards our staff and hotel. We appreciate your thoughts and review and always look forward to your next stay with us.

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes
3.5 of 5 stars 498 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!