“Should be removed as BCS bowl site. They can't handle a big event!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sun Life Stadium

and up
Taste of Miami Helicopter Tour
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Should be removed as BCS bowl site. They can't handle a big event!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've visited Sun Life Stadium Twice. Once in January 2000 and the second time in January 2013; both times I found the stadium sub par and the area it is located is terrible. I can't believe the BCS has agreed to keep hosting games in this dump. When we were driving in the signage was poor and the Orange Lot we parked in was not marked anywhere as an Orange Lot. Luckily we had a map of the stadium parking so we knew where we should be parking. The parking lot was semi-paved, mostly loose gravel tar substance than actual pavement.

We arrived 3 hours before the BCS championship game and walked around the stadium. They also did not have enough portajohns outside the stadium to handle the crowd. The lines for the ones they had were 25 people deep.We didn't see where they had any events or vendors set up outside for visitors like they did in New Orleans and Pasadena. I saw only one trailer selling BCS merchandise and no one outside the stadium selling game programs. In fact the merchandise locations inside the stadium were all closed and locked. Why I have no idea!

The stadium does not have enough bathrooms and concession stands to handle a capacity crowd. I couldn't even manage to go to the bathroom and get a Coke during halftime it was one or the other. The line to the women's bathroom was so long that my wife couldn't get through it during halftime.

My wife went to the bathroom at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and then to the concession stand. They were out of BCS souvenir cups at the beginning of the 3rd Quarter!!!!!

There were a few positives: The field was in great condition, the view of the field was good from all the seats, and they handled traffic well getting out after the game.

Overall I would have the rate Sun Life Stadium as poor. They should abandon this location and build a new up to date stadium back in Miami. The New Bowl Playoffs should be in the Georgia Dome, Cowboys Stadium, Rose Bowl and Superdome. All are excellent venues who know how to host big events and have the resources to do so.

1 Thank Savsam68

Spring, Texas
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Sun Life gets a Roll Tide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The stadium is a destination but there is very little outside of it in the area. Be prepared! Our seats were upper deck ~40yard line. Great view! We were right near a portal so we had easy access to the restrooms which were fine. Food and drinks were easy to access and everything was well marked. Not many amenities we could see but we went straight to our seats so if additional shops and restaurants are availavble we didn't see them.

We arrived early before the stadium opened for the game. Shops and restaurants were lower end and limited selection. Parking was fairly easy and walking to the stadium was safe and uneventful. The fanzone section had plenty of toilets but the masses outside were relegated to a few port-o-lets with long lines of irritated fans. Plan ahead, tailgate and be close to a facility if you plan a trip. Virtually nothing to see outside of the event at the stadium.

1 Thank Jeff T
Toronto, ON
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Orange Bowl 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

So you're thinking of attending your first ever BCS game? That was me in late November of 2012. The teams had not yet been announced but I didn't really care. I was going to be in the area over the New Year and decided it would be a fun night out for the family. The stadium home to the NFL Miami Dolphins isn't the newest or most state of the art facility but I found it to be well organized and safe. We parked in the secondary lot ($30) which was a little high priced. A short walk through the tail gate party and we were at out gate. I'm Canadian and had never seen the level of fun and food outside a stadium. Once inside the seats were easy to get to and their was an abundance of security and ushers to assist. The pregame was very entertaining and it was fun to see the display from the Air Force diving team. The staff and the concessions were friendly and courteous. During a slow period pregame one of the ice cream concessions even had a small dance routine practiced to attract customers. I was surprised at the lack of game souvenirs available inside the staduim. There were only five stands selling items in the whole facility. If you are considering a Bowl game this is a great choice. The weather was awesome and although the game wasn't that exciting the experience was worthwhile.

Westhoughton, United Kingdom
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Only NFL experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Traveled from the UK to Miami and just had to see an NFL game and the the Dolphins being so well known was perfect.
The whole day was fabulous, the game itself was a whitewash and fans left well before the end disgusted with their team, but for us it was amazing. We were cheering the home team but it was much more for us.
When we arrived parking was easy and with the weather being so sunny and warm it was great to see all the tailgaters and their BBQs. Getting in was quick and no issues with security or waiting.
Inside was excellent, so much for everyone to be involved in, free face painting, people giving out beads, giant mascot have a laugh with everyone made the day fun.
We didn't have very expensive seats but they were not the cheapest either, the colours of the stadium and the view was fab.
It was great to see the videos on the big screen and in typical USA style the entrance of the team was great. My hubby truly enjoyed the cheerleaders :)
Anyone going to Miami should try and get a game in even if you have no idea about NFL, go for the experience

Visited November 2012
Miami, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I went to the Fins game with my 8 1/2 month pregnant wife. We had suite tix so I knew she would be comfortable during the game, the only thing I was concerned about was the parking situation since she can't walk far distances. A parking attendant named Orlando took us under his wing and made sure we had a close spot (despite the lot already almost full) to our entrance. He then made sure to ask the police to give her a ride to the stadium. On the way out two officers in a golf cart also stopped to ask her if she needed a ride. I have to say, the Fins are lucky to have employees like Orlando and the officers improving the fan experience. I am an Eagles fan, but I am certain to raise Jr a Fins fan given the good nature of the atmosphere Steven Ross is creating.