other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jennifer...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“STAY AWAY! SCAM ARTIST”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! John G - the owner of this condo is a scam artist if there ever was one.
After waiting over 90 minutes for his associate to show up and let us in - our nightmare started.
The condo boasts a spa, beautiful pools and gym all available for guest use. What John won't tell you is all of the amenities are under construction until December. Leaving NOTHING to use. Unless of course you want to use the Hotel W pool. Which is $25/person/day. I have a family of 5. You got it - we had to pay an additional $125 to swim.
His ad also says the condo is "half a mile from the beach". I don't know what beach he is referring to - but it isn't South Beach. He's 20-35 minutes from South Beach.
The 2 toilet handles were both broken when we got there. I told him about both handles and he is currently trying to swindle me out of $955 for an $85 handle. He is also trying to scam me out of $40/night for my 3rd child staying there. When I booked the condo (which he says sleeps 6. It does NOT. There are 2 beds in it) I inquired for 5 people. When I expressed my concern about the space issue over text he assured me that his associate would bring beds back.
He delivered 2 mattresses in bags. My kids slept on mattresses on the floor........
There is this weird pipe looking thing in the living room that sticks up and the top falls off leaving wires exposed (see picture).
I will find every social media outlet I can and warn people to never give this coward their money. He is a shady, con artist who will take your money and then ignore you when you try to communicate back. BEWARE!

Management Response
Jul 30, 2017
First i always do in person check-in and check-outs, i never give codes to avoid this type of situations, we asked you before we live if two beds one king and one queen it was ok, and your answered that everything was ok, after we left you sent me a text saying that it wan't enough beds to accommodated your family and that you want to check-out, my assistant came back and provided two more real mattresses with linens, and then you text me the that will resolved your concerns, at the time of check-in you told me about one toilet handle broken ( very clear in your text "one") and yes it was broken but only that handle on your check-out the other handle from the other bathroom were broken. (2) Is stipulated in Tripadvisor and on the contract you signed that any additional guess after 4 it has and additional cost of $40 dollars. (3) Also the pool is under remodeling but thats out of my control is nothing i can do about that,it will be ready in the next few months, but is also other pools on the building the you can used, the SPA and all amenities the i gave you completely free, to many to mentioned, in other wise you have to pay for all those and i gave it to you completely free. (4) yes there is a beach you can walk to it, if you mentioned south beach is about 12 to 15 minutes drive.
Sorry for this inconvenience but i always put all my efforts to provide the best for my guests. ( the condo has the best linens and mattresses in the market, upscale furniture, glass floors, crystal chandeliers, Art work thought out the condo $1.2 Million condo) I considered my self a very honest person, I never had issues like this by any guess, every guess always live very satisfied with the condo and my service, thats the reason all my reviews are 5 Starts. Accept my apologies.
Sincerely
John

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing