“My stay was very satisfactory, I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to South Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beacon Hotel

Beacon Hotel
Ranked #49 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
new york
Reviewed October 19, 2009

From the very first day the service was excellent. the staff made reservation for me at a awesome restaurant and my room was always cleaned on time. The food at the hotel was good but pricy however it is right in the middle of the South Beach action so options are but a few steps away. I very much enjoyed my stay and plan to stay at the Beacon whenever I'm in South Beach.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Finnish first
Springfield, MO
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We have stayed here two other times and would stay at the Beacon Hotel again. The staff is very accommodating, the room was clean, and the location is perfect.

London
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Overall , a very good choice - great position bang in the middle of the busy south beach.
The only warning is to try and avoid a room at the front - because it can get really loud , really late!.
And yes we would go back.

NJ
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I would definately stay at this hotel again. They were very friendly and accomidating. I called a week prior to my arrival to make sure they had my reservations and asked if they had a refridge in the room. They said there was only a mini bar, but they would request one for us. The only thing I didn't like about the room was there was no microwave to reheat food if you wanted to take leftovers from a restaurant.

san francisco
Reviewed October 15, 2009

This hotel is in a very good location. Close to Lincoln mall road, Washington street(where all the night clubs are), the beach is right across the street, and lost of touristy restaurants. To be fair, the hotel has a character but it feels like a motel and very old, didn't give me a good feeling. The rooms were hot and humid. The AC didn't work as well, Couldn't sleep because of that. Don't stay here if you want a fairy nice hotel.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Shelby, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I loved this hotel and my stay in the Beacon on South Beach. The rooms were a little small but by the look of every other hotel on Ocean Drive, most rooms were probably this way. Service was excellent and everyone was so nice, made you feel very welcome. The only thing that was dissapointing was how expensive everything was, but that is pretty much a give if you stay on Ocean Drive. We were charged with a $200 deposit that we did not know about, and valet is $20 a day which comes up to a hefty amount of you are staying for a week like we did. You can park in public parking areas but it sums up to about the same amount and you still have to walk to your hotel. Most places had gratuity included and all restaurants are expensive unless you had to areas that are not as crowded and full of tourists. Room service was wonderful although everything that is in the mini-bar and that is consumed will be charged to your room, including water. There is currently some construction going on in the roof for a sun deck type which we got to see, seems like it will look beautiful, but since we stayed on the 5th floor we were awakened around 8:00 every day with these sounds. Other than that everything was wonderful. If I were to go back I would stay a little north maybe in Sunny Isles beach which is beautiful, less expensive, and not as crowded!

SALTCOATS, AYRSHIRE, SCOTLAND
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Hi everyone

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from Thursday 17th September before our cruise from Miami. I had emailed the hotel before we arrived as we were travelling from Scotland and would be arriving at the hotel at 9.30pm. They replied saying it is not a problem and added it into our reservation. Our Super Shuttle dropped us off outside and Ocean Drive was buzzing! There was a kind ladyt outside our hotel who helped us inside as we had many bags a toddler and a buggy!
We checked in and headed to our room on the 3rd floor, we never haqd much of a view but we never paid extra for a view, it was of Johnny Rockets the diner next door where we had our breakfast.

Our room had 2 queen beds, tv, fridge, safe, etc check out the pictures to get a better idea.

In the morning we said to reception about breakfast and they gave us a bit of paper to give to Johnny Rockets next door, we had cereal, toast and yoghart.

There is lots of buses around the corner, we got a bus to Bayside.

The bed was very comfortable, espically after all the travelling we did that day!

I would stay at the Beacon again in a heartbeat! The bedroom looked recently refurbished.

I used the free internet a few times, it was never busy.

We ate at the News Cafe, had drinks at Wet Willies, and got some water/juice etc from a Walgreen's nearby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family