“Coming back!”

Beacon South Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Coming back!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

First time in miami the beacon was perfect! Very nice and clean room. Javier at front desk was very helpful he went above and beyond for me and my wife very appreciative Javier helped me find a great place to eat dinner and was very informative about the area

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location, right in the center of Ocean Drive. The staff was very hospitable and friendly from the time we checked in until we checked out. My friends and I were there for my bachelorette trip and the front desk staff made sure we had a good time and provided us with party passes. The rooms were kept very clean and looked just like the pictures. The breakfast was probably our favorite part of the stay! It was delicious and there were many great options to choose from. We will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Labrador, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I, and our friends spent a few nights here while travelling around Florida. We had a great stay! We loved the location, the "style" of the hotel and the price. The rooms were small, as others have mentioned, but that seems to be the norm on South Beach. The bathroom doors were a little strange but not as bad as we had expected from other reviews (the glass is clouded and as long as the room isn't back lit you can hardly see in). Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly. It is a wonderful option if you only have a short visit and want to be near the excitement of Ocean drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachLove2014
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great location; great staff. The breakfast was included (delicious deal) and free Wi-Fi. The beach chairs were an added convenience too. The rooms are small, but what do you expect to have on Ocean Drive?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I booked The Beacon for a 2-day getaway for my husband and I for his birthday. I chose this hotel because I wanted a boutique hotel on South Beach. They had good reviews and also offered free breakfast. When I made the reservation through the hotel's website, I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday. We received a comp upgrade and were greeted with balloons, chilled champagne, birthday cake, and a birthday card from the staff. The hotel was in a great location, and the beach chairs and beach towels were great and super handy for the beach right across the street. I thought I might miss having a pool, but we didn't at all. We had a great time at the hotel. Service and staff were wonderful. Free breakfast was good. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel restaurant, but the food looked good. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again without question. Only constructive criticism is that the lighting is poor in bathroom and room for make-up application. Also, A/C unit in our room is wall-mounted near the ceiling and blew directly on the bed. There was a vent that could be adjusted, but it kept falling down...wouldn't stay pointing upwards. Fortunately, we like lots of cold air when we're sleeping, so it wasn't a big deal for us. Overall, great hotel at a great rate!

Room Tip: We definitely enjoyed having a beach-view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candis D
Lithonia
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a quality hotel on Ocean Drive and got very lucky here. The complimentary breakfast was superb the beach chairs and towels were a plus. Prime location..... Couldn't ask for a better deal. The staff was top notch! Juan Carlos, Javier to name a few who made our stay unforgettable!

1 Thank Latisha M
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have just returned home from a five night stay at the Beacon Hotel. We had a great time and I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay on South Beach.

Firstly, it's great value. Lovely clean and modern rooms with great service in a great location. Its in the heart of the Art Deco district, right across the road from the beach. The hotel provides beach towels, beach chairs (they come with a cool pouch and straps to make it easy to carry!) and umbrellas (for the beach and the rain because, let's face it, it's Miami and it's going to rain at some point!) It's within walking distance of everywhere on South Beach.

The service was second to none. Staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is included in the room rate and includes a great selection for all tastes and desires.

The only thing on the negative side would be the size of the bathroom. It's snug but it's clean and modern. I would say all the positives far outweigh this slight negative and I would say this is THE place to stay on South Beach. What are you waiting for, get booking!!