Beacon South Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Avalon Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
The Colony Hotel(Miami Beach)
Boulevard Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Starlite Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
The Park Central(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
Empire Condo Suites(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
Pelican Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
2,518 results
All reviewsocean drivesouth beachfree breakfastbeach chairs and beach towelsart decodirectly across the streetrooms are smallvalet parkingyogurtperfect locationpeople watchingbathroom doorocean frontan ocean view roomvalet servicespring breakscarface
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked this hotel using a Groupon deal. The hotel is in a great location (right on Ocean drive) and is walking distance to most things. The rooms are decent-sized, clean, and well-maintained. The staff at the hotel are some of the nicest people I've ever encountered while traveling! There is a free breakfast every morning from 9-11, which seemed late to me, but it was worth it.

If you're looking for a great hotel right in the heart of South Beach, look no more!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quieter room, request one on an upper floor.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Excellent, clean hotel right on Ocean Drive, close to the all the restaurants, beach is directly across the street. Went for a run in the mornings along the beach. Everything was close to the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Had and excellent couple of days earlier this month at this hotel. The Beacon is truly in the thick of things. Very comfortable room, great breakfast and the staff - front desk, housekeeping and waitresses- was friendly and efficient. Felt very welcome!!!! Highly recommend if you want to be part of South Beach action. Walking distance to everything and anything you might desire/need.
Did not give it 5 circles due to room on small side - but this is the South Beach epicenter.Thank you to the staff for making my and my son's holiday a memorable one!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
BeaconSoBe, Front Office Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Greetings From The Beacon,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our location, amenities, & staff. It is always great to see a guest take full advantage of everything our awesome location offers. It was our pleasure to make sure that you and your son had a wonderful experience.

Being built in the early 1930's, The Beacon Hotel is part of the historical protection act for Miami Beach. That being said, we are an art deco boutique hotel which rooms are not normally the size of more modern buildings. However, we like to think that being part of our charm.

Thank you again for making The Beacon your destination when visiting Miami Beach & we would love to see you back!

Beacon Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Any one of the hotels on the strip at South beach are in a prime party area, this hotel does include breakfast which was really yummy! The staff are so accommodating, friendly and warm. I shout out to Juan, Gus and Reynauldo! There isnt a pool but the beach is right across the street. I will say we didnt know until we met a travel blogger from Germany doing her ratings etc on hotels on the strip, she said you dont book more than one night here, you then go up and down the strip, take a look at the others and dicker with them, we paid 1900 for 5 nights....expensive and had no view, only of a brick wall but that being said we were told that if you had the beach view you paid the price for the partiers all night on that side so it was quiet and so stayed where we were. We also got the cab to stop at a store for us to get our own beer etc then asked the maid to remove what was in the fridge to make room for ours which was no problem. There is also a small gym with nice equipment. I rated the sleep quality terrible as my mattress was like sleeping in a hammock, back was broken everyday! The decor is very chic and cool and we bestie and I had a great time!

Room Tip: I rated the spa and pool as terrible as there werent any! As I said in my review, the room with no view is the quieter, you wont sleep if youre a light sleeper being on the beach side.

Greetings From The Beacon,

I would like to cordially say thank you for honest review. Please know that we take our guest experience very serious. Suggestions are always welcomed. With that said, we are really happy that you enjoyed our location & staff. I will mention your good graces with all of them.

I have reported your experience with the bed to our quality control department. We will be sure to assert the situation right away. Know that this is not typical of our hotel and if you can quickly skim through oour past reviews, you will find it filled with high quality sleeping & comfort.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back for a future stay.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here last week for a bachelorette weekend. There were 13 of us total and I don't even know where to begin-- every staff member of the Beacon went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable, memorable and enjoyable. From the valet to the concierge to the waiters at "The Place" (excellent food, by the way), the level of customer service was outstanding. There's a huge difference when someone makes it seem as though they are begrudgingly doing you a favor, versus when they make it seem like it's their pleasure. In a city like Miami, and especially South Beach, that's a level of customer service that's hard to find. I really can't say enough about how friendly and inviting they were. Believe the other reviews that say the same!

As for the location, it's perfectly situated in the heart of Ocean Drive, near everything you'd want and steps from the beach The rooms are a bit cozy but adorably decorated and very clean. Another shining example of customer service-- one of the hotel maids actually went looking for me after check-out because we'd left a phone charger plugged in to the wall of one of our rooms.

The bachelorette weekend was a blast, but that was in very large part due to the wonderful staff at The Beacon. I've been raving about the hotel and I can't wait to come back again!

2  Thank stm1116

Hello From The Beacon,

Thank you for your kind and wonderful review! It was a pleasure to have you ladies stay with us. Thank you for making us part of your great experience. I will be sure to share your wonderful graces with the rest of the staff!

We would love to have to back for a future stay!