WINNER WONDERLAND

“Beacon Hotel visit after my SCOPE conference” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beacon Hotel

Beacon Hotel
Ranked #45 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Beacon Hotel visit after my SCOPE conference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had stayed in Miami Beach for the SCOPE conference prior to taking a taxi over to South Beach with another conference attendee. We were so pleased with our room after the room we had for the conference. Both of us ladies plan conferences for our non-profit organizations and have traveled to many large hotels. We found the Beacon to be perfect for that small hotel with fabulous attentions to details. We were welcomed from the start. Both Reynalod and Victor bent over backwards since we arrived early in the day coming from the downtown Miami hotel. We were treated to breakfast since we were so early. I would highly recommend this boutique hotel for other guests. I would love to drag my husband away for trip back to South Beach and we would book the Beacon for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brenda C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

The location of this hotel is prime! It's and old historic type of hotel. Nothing special, however we found all of the staff to be extremely professional and personable. Breakfast coupon from the front desk gave guests a free, full not continental, breakfast! Groupon got us a free Mojito at lobby bar (delicious). My wife told me it was the best price out of all available hotels in the immediate area, I guess that South Beach sticker shock has me rattled!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at the Beacon for three nights on a business trip, so I essentially was traveling alone. I checked in at night, and the woman at the front desk was very helpful. Check-in was a breeze. The hotel is located in a busy spot on Ocean Drive just across from the beach. Lots of cafes, bars, restaurants within easy walking distance.

I stayed in a king room that had pretty much no view. The room was small, but very comfortable. Except for the Thursday night of my stay, I heard no real Ocean Dr noise & the hotel was pretty quiet, which was nice considering its location. My three biggest complaints about the room are: 1) The only plug to use was in the bathroom. This meant that I could plug in my phone or tablet at night, all the way across the room from where I was sleeping. And when I used my laptop, I had to plug it in in the bathroom and be grateful, the cord reached to the bed where I was working. That was super annoying. I know the building is old, but there needs to be an additional plug, or a power strip made available.

2) The small glass shelf in the bathroom is not sturdy. Every time I picked up or put down my toothbrush, everything would topple off the shelf. This is most inconvenient when there is no bathroom storage at all.

3). The only big mirror in the room is a half mirror. It would be nice to have a full length mirror. I mean, this is South Beach, where appearance is everything, and I can't see my shoes in the mirror.

The room was clean. The bed was super comfortable. The only weird thing is that it seemed like the tissue box got wet at some point and was never replaced, so all the tissues were hard and unusable. I didn't complain, but it would have been nice for housekeeping to notice.

If you plan ahead, the valet is great. We usually tried to call down ahead of time or tell them at night when we needed the car, and it was always right on time. The hotel also was efficient and very helpful at calling me a cab when it was time to leave.

I enjoyed my stay at the Beacon and would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable South Beach stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank travelgirlEJ
Griswold, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just stayed feb 1st for one night... Perfect location to walk up and down the strip, service was excellent! Clean room, kinda small but there older style hotels on the entire strip. For under 300 a night Definitely worth the money. Very COLD hotel just the way I like it, they had the hotel and rooms set at like 60 degrees... All in all great hotel

You really don't need a vehicle, if you do bring one its $20 bucks per day for valet.. Worth it, parking is impossible! There are bike rentals up and down the strip VERY easy self serve system.

Dan from CT

• Stayed February 2014
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We booked an ocean front room through Travelzoo (sorry Tripadvisor), and we were awarded with a great little room on top floor overlooking the beach. From the moment we got to the Beacon, the staff was fantastic, from stopping traffic on Ocean Blvd so the Valet folks could unload the car and whisk it away to amazing house keeping and a great staff that bent over backwards to get us whatever we needed whenever we needed it. This was the hotel where the famous 'chainsaw' scene from SCARFACE was filmed (they've updated it since then... harhar), and it was kinda' cool to be in hotel that was a part of such great Hollywood history. Yes, I am a huge Al Pacino fan. We just love South Beach and everything about the Beacon harkens back to an elegant time. It was a wonderful stay and we highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
New York State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room was lovely. Great view of the ocean from the window. The staff at the front desk were all very nice and helpful.
The room provided beach towels and beach chairs for us.
This hotel is in the center of all the action!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Nancy R
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great spot among it all in South Beach, easy walk to the water, restaurants, clubs and Liberty Mall.

Really helpful staff, lovely retro décor and setting, though the rooms are pretty tight. Breakfast is included and was a pleasant surprise - several quality options and a nice setting on the patio watching life go by.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family