“Great Stay, worth every penny”

Beacon South Beach Hotel
Ranked #59 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great location, great staff, nice hotel. Javier was a real pleasure at the front desk very helpful and polite. We stayed in their "newer" rooms very nice and clean a bit small but for a couple it was perfect. Location can't get any better. Beach is right across the street and everything is walkable near by. Worth the money, will return. 4 stars overall not 5 for me simply because 5 stars is that perfect resort.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bmimus

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have stayed in many boutique hotels in Miami beach and the Beacon is by far my favorite. Actually, it is the only hotel that I will look into returning to. The value for the money is pretty typical of Miami. Some bonuses are clearly the location - right on ocean drive in the middle of all the action. Though the hotel had a prime location, noise didn't seem to be a problem (I stayed in a corner suite that faced ocean drive ). The included breakfast was very good and worth it. We got to select from the hotel restaurant menu with all beverages included (no alcohol). Coffee, tea, hot chocolate & water were also served in the hotel lounge area until well into the afternoon. The staff was very polite and helpful. I happened to arrive in south beach early morning and the staff made an effort to check me in as early as possible (only a few hours after arrival). For a boutique hotel, I found that the size of the room was exceptionally large. Everything was key clean and up to date. Elevator was only large enough for a max of 2 people with luggage, but that is to be expected in a boutique. Overall, the hotel was great.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DaniTraveler028
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I came down for our honeymoon. Im not sure how the beacon staff found out but immediately at arrival we were congratulated and had a wine bottle,flower petals on our bed and a nicely written card. To top it all off, on the following morning we were invited to a beautiful breakfast on their rooftop. These guys know what they are doing. Real professionals and kind.

The rooms and bathrooms were not that big but that was expected. We are familiar with boutique hotels. We have many here in New York.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank WorldCitizen37k
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it lets us know that our efforts are producing results. Know that it was our pleasure to add to the already special day of yours. We understand that our guest come from many different parts of the world and it is our job to make them feel at home and with family.

We hope to see you back soon! Thank you again for sharing your so special event with us.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

On arrival we received fantastic front desk service, extremely friendly and helpful. Our rooms were great, spacious for south beach and comfortable. We stayed 2 nights as A family group of 6 and had a lovely time. The waiting staff at the hotel bar left something to be desired and we found a couple of them to be quite rude. Breakfast was amazing and far superior than we expected! Location is excellent, right in the centre of it all, beach right across the road. You even get great chairs in each room to take across to the beach, trust me they are far more comfortable than they look! All in all a great stay!

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet get a rear room not ocean front.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LoopyLaura1976
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will be sure to let our front desk know of your praises. Know that it was a pleasure to have your family and you stay with us.

Please rest assure that we will speak with the restaurants manager about your experience with the bar. Even though the restaurant and ourselves are a different company we are still under the same roof, as such, our guest are their guest.

Please permit me to thank you again for giving us the opportunity to server you. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

we stayed one night in the Beacon preior to a cruise we took fm Miami port. we talled them in advance that we are celebrating our doughter Bat-Mizva . when we arived ther were ballons and a greeting card waiting for her in the room.
the hotel is right on the south beach and very close to the bars and caffes and next to the beach. the staff are very frienly .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yifat p

Greetings Mr. Yifat,

Thank you for your visit from all the way from Israel! We hope that we met your standards in guest service. Know that it was our pleasure to make your daughters Bat-Mizva a little more special. Believe me when I say that we enjoy it as well and that we would do it all over again.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you.

Many Blessings,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Beacon South Beach and found the accommodations to be exceptional. The bedroom was spacious and offered all the amenities that I needed. The bed was exceptionally comfortable - like sleeping on air. The beach and everything else I needed was withing walking distance. The most enjoyment I had was sitting at the hotel's sidewalk cafe and watching the people go by. The staff was very friendly and the check-in/check-out procedures were fast and efficient. Sine i prefer the boutique hotel experience, the Beacon was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarketingDr2013

Greetings From The Beacon,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was an honor to have served you. Know that I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the staff. We are also happy that you enjoyed our bedding so much and if you have any questions where to order for yourself, give us a call.

I agree, sitting outside for an early cup of coffee is soul quenching. There is something about that morning ocean breeze caressing your face. An individual would have to experience it for themselves.

Thank you again for making The Beacon your destination while in Miami Beach.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of September. This is the 4th time me (and group of friends) have stayed at this hotel in Miami .... and its the same result everytime = excellence

I have always dealt direct with the hotel as they seem to give better rates than the comparison websites (so thanks to Veronika again for giving the best rates).

I could say the same things again and again (about the small bathrooms, and lack of a pool) but really the hotel is all about an affordable nice boutique hotel DIRECTLY on the beach in the middle of the action on Ocean Drive - and for this, i couldnt ask for more

(Although maybe one suggestion would be getting a vending machine in for some cold drinks to grab on the run???)

Special mention to Javier and my main man Gus for being so welcoming again .... even when we rolled in at the early hours of the morning worse for wear! "Your favourite Irish customers" haha :-)

I will continue to recommend the Beacon to anyone that goes to Miami - great value for a clean, modern, stylish hotel that has a superb location

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends