“Great time in South Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beacon Hotel

Beacon Hotel
Ranked #52 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great time in South Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

A very well appointed eclectic hotel with great staff from the valet to the front desk. The Ocean view was terrific and the room was clean and fresh. The bathroom was a little small but very functional with newer appointments. Will definately stay here again. Good food and service at the restaurant (The Place).

Room Tip: Ocean view is great. Fifth floor is the top.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you so very much for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for providing such a wonderful review. We are very grateful that you have chosen the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination. We are also pleased to know that your holiday experience met your expectations. Your satisfaction truly means the world to us.

Your positive feedback about our services will definitely inspire us to continue to provide you with the very best. I will make sure to share your very positive comments with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back home in a not too distant future.

Best Regards,

Elvis Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Finnish first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Beacon Hotel. The location is amazing since it is located on Ocean Drive and we just walked across the street to get to the beach. The rooms are a little small, but not bad. The bathroom, however, was kind of tight since we could not get to the toilet on the other side of the sink without bumping into the shower door. The majority of the staff was amazing and really helpful and very friendly; however, I have to say that we weren´t as lucky with the housekeeping. The day after we arrived, we returned to our room after breakfast and the housekeeper had used our bathroom while making up our room and without getting into too many details, the smell was overbearing and we had to spray perfume and leave immediately. We also had to call the front desk because another day our room wasn´t even made up and the overall cleanliness of our room was not very good. When management found out (they asked me when I was checking out how everything had gone) and I told them that housekeeping was my only complaint, they were very concerned and said that they would retrain the housekeeper since she was one of the newest ones at the hotel and they said that they were going to return the $80.00 that I was charged for valet parking. It was a really nice gesture on their part and they asked me if there was anything else they could do, but that was nice enough. I would definitely go back since the rest of our stay was really enjoyable and the location is great. The breakfast options that were included in our room rate were really good as well. All in all, we had a really nice time!

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevator and kept the air conditioning on during the night which he...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your past visit to the Beacon Hotel. Please, know that it was a pleasure to have served you.

I am glad to hear that our location, our staff, our breakfast as well as our amenities were all to your liking. I am sorry to learn that you did not have an entirely satisfying experience at our hotel. I assure you that your feedback is being taken very seriously. As a result, our housekeeping director is determined to make marked improvements in the entire department. Your feedback is vitally important to help us grow and become the best we can be.

It is my hope that you give our hotel another chance if you return to Miami Beach. I’m confident our commitment to guest satisfaction will result in a positive experience.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at The Beacon for the college football national championship game in January 2013. After taking the red eye to Miami I arrived at the hotel at 7:30AM thinking I was going to need to store my bags, to my surprise they were able to check me in right away and show me to my room. The Hotel is "classic" so it does have its quirks (small elevator, somewhat funky layout) but the style is very cool, the room was comfortable, and the location is obviously great being right on Ocean and a very short walk to the beach (across the street), shopping, clubs, and all of the tourist restaurants on Ocean.

The hotel itself would earn a 3.5 star rating if TA allowed for that, but why it got the bump up to a 4 was the service. Reynoldo was the first person to help me out and throughout the trip he, and really all Beacon employees were very friendly and helpful. Julio who helped me with the luggage also was extremely nice always greeting you with a hello and a smile. I am reviewing this 6 mos after my visit and I remember their names so it was clear they made an impression.

Oh yeah finally the extras. First a free breakfast daily was awesome (more than continental you had a choice of 5-6 items at the restaurant, I got an omelet or french toast daily), free coffee or juice throughout the day, and the front desk lets you borrow towels or umbrellas and unlike some hotels is much more laid back - truly an honor system rather than the pain in the rear check in check out procedures. All in all a very solid hotel that gets a bump up due to their staff and extras.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michael,

We are very grateful that you chose the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination. Thank you for taking the time to review us six month after your visit. We do feel very honored!.

I will make sure to share your positive comments with Reynaldo, Julio, and the entire Beacon team. We are always happy to hear our guests loved the hotel and that we were able to provide the best service possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest very soon!

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place is amazing- the staff were fantastic, the location is second to none and I can't recommend it highly enough. They even offered a free upgrade upon arrival - we didn't need it but it was a nice gesture.
The checking in process was easy, as was checking out. They were attentive throughout the stay and the room etc was fantastically clean. I would say that they'd benefit from more power sockets in the rooms (we had to use an extension lead we'd bought with us to charge both our phones, laptop and camera) - but besides that absolutely great for a boutique hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you so very much for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred Hotel destination and for sharing this great review with us.

We do appreciate you giving us such a constructive feedback on your experience with us. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Teaneck, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a long day of missing my flight at the airport and walking through the rain to get to the hotel through the shuttle bus I was so excited to finally get to the hotel, check-in, and just relax. We walked in the lobby and the woman at the front desk was nice. The lobby looked nice as well as it appeared on the website. We walk into the room and our faces were confused. The room looked absolutely NOTHING like the website. So upset and frustrated we went back downstairs to ask about the room. We were told that the rooms on the website were only on the 5th floor and that they were all sold out. What bothered me the most was that the rooms that occupied the majority of the hotel were the ones that looked NOTHING like the rooms on the website. I base my hotel selection mostly on the way they look and location. Now I would be lying if I said the Beacon was not the PERFECT location for a stay on South Beach. We ended up in a room that looked halfway renovated, which satisfied me only because it was prepaid and I had no other choice but to stay at the hotel. It just upset me that they completely misled what the rooms looked like. None of the other rooms looked like the website. If they were renovating they should have stated that on the website, and if the rooms were only on the 5th floor that also should have been stated on the website. They also should show the way the majority of the rooms really look on the website because they look literally OPPOSITE from the ones on the website. Also the bathroom is VERY small and the door is see through so my friends and I saw everyone's "stuff" through the doors. It was funny to us, but other people might feel exposed. The breakfast at the hotel was actually really good. There was a selection of about 5 choices and it was pretty filling. The hotel lobby was also nice and they had coffee and tea on the second floor, which was good. As far as the staff they were nice and helpful other than when we went to change the room the woman at the front desk didn't acknowledge us while she was on the phone. The elevator also broke on the last day when we were leaving, but they did send a doorman to help me with my bags. The hotel was clean and overall it was a nice stay. The website is just very misleading. The rooms look bright and contemporary, but when you saw the rooms in reality they were plain and boring. Until the hotel is completely renovated I would not recommend it if you don't want to be misled. For the price it wasn't worth it to stay in the regular rooms they have. Overall with the room we ended up with (which was pretty decent) I'd give the hotel about a 3.5 out of 5. Cons : small bathroom, misleading rooms, comfy beds. Pros: free breakfast, clean hotel, pretty friendly staff, LOCATION.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
First let me seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your holiday destination and for reviewing us. Please know that it is indeed our privilege to have served you.

We are very happy to learn that your enjoyed our standards. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. All Ocean Front rooms have been renovated as well as all rooms located on the fifth floor. As your opinion greatly matters to us, I am very happy to let you know that we are currently in the process of refurbishing all rooms. They shall be all renovated by the end of the year.

I do sincerely hope that you would consider staying at the Beacon Hotel once again. Please do contact me if I can assist you with any future reservations. I will be more than happy to have you stay in our newly renovated Ocean Front room. I am confident that we can restore your faith in the hotel.

Best Regards,

Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I and another couple stayed at the Beacon on Monday night. The Beacon was clean, updated, relatively quiet and right across from the beach on Ocean Drive. The location was terrific and the Beach provided chairs and beach towels to take to the beach. The best experience was the staff. Julianna at the front desk was extremely accommodating, answering many questions and providing good advice and many extras. Gus at the door suggested a wonderful seafood restaurant right next door, The Avalon. The reasonable rate was a great value that included breakfast and bottled water. The only hiccup was the restaurant, a separate entity, in front of the hotel where the staff was mediocre. We would absolutely stay here again, assuming the off-season rate was in place.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

One of my girlfriends and I stayed here June 2-8, 2013 and loved it. First and foremost, the hotel was always clean. The staff were so friendly and the food was fantastic. It was the perfect location, right across from the beach and right on Ocean where all the action is. The hotel provides clean beach towels each day and beach chairs in each room. There is also a company on the beach that rents lounge chairs, umbrellas, or cabanas by the day if you would prefer that.

The room was clean, beds were so comfortable, and very cold AC for when you come in off the beach.

It was a fantastic place to stay. We will probably return there again next year. The only reason we wouldn't would be to just explore and try a different hotel. However, there is a great possibility that another hotel would not be able to match the experience we had at the Beacon Hotel. Thanks for a memorable week!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We are delighted that you have chosen the Beacon Hotel as your preferred location while visiting Miami Beach. We loved to have you and it was our pleasure serving you and your friends.

Our team is 100% dedicated to making sure our guest have a memorable experience. I will personally share your good graces with our staff. It will serve as positive motivation. We hope to see you back soon!

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve and exceed your expectations.