Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Website
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$279
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $312/night.

$389
$229
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

$190
$136
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$284
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$299
$199
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
$220
Agoda.com
$262
$209
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

2,628 results
All reviewsocean drivesouth beachfree breakfastbeach chairs and beach towelsart decodirectly across the streetrooms are smallvalet parkingyogurtwet williesperfect locationpeople watchingbathroom doorocean frontan ocean view roomspring breakvalet service
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just finished staying here for five nights. I traveled with my best friend for a birthday trip. We had a wonderful stay! Upon arriving we were greeted by a manager...I believe his name was Javier. He was nice enough and explained how everything worked, including the complimentary breakfast (wonderful little bonus btw). But the real sweetheart was Reynaldo. He made sure to bring us cold water and was just real pleasant and kind. Once we got to our room....let me just say...the rooms are tiny. I mean really REALLY tiny. We didn't feel comfortable there. Talked to our new friend Reynaldo and he was able to accommodate us. Our new room, on the 5th floor and completely renovated, was much better. The rest of the stay was very pleasant. The hotel is centrally located and the staff was great. Coffee on the 2nd floor was much appreciated as were the beach chairs and towels. I would recommend this hotel to couples and young folks looking to be in the thick of it all. As for noise from Ocean Dr., I never heard anything. But my room was near the back of the hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jayda B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My 19 year old daughter and I spent four nights in May at The Beacon. I chose this hotel because I received a groupon discount that was reasonable. The hotel is right on Ocean Drive, very convenient to the beach, restaurants, and boutique shopping.

We had a small room with two double beds. The room was comfortable enough with air conditioner and ceiling fan, shampoo/cond/soap/skin cream, hair dryer, iron and board, beach towels and chairs, and a nice TV with plenty of channels. Customer service was very good. We were given complimentary breakfast coupons to eat at The Place each morning, the restaurant at The Beacon. The breakfast selection was very good and we enjoyed our meals.

I am picky when it comes to sleeping. The mattress was too soft for me, however the pillows were perfect. Since our room was in the back of the hotel, it was fairly quiet for South Beach. The hotel provides free wifi though I couldn't get it to work in my room. I didn't look into the wifi because above the lobby there are two computers and printer I could use when necessary.

I'm not sure what the room capacity was for our room, however, for me, 2 people were the max. The room and the bathroom were on the small side and there was very little storage/shelf area in the bathroom. The room was mostly for sleeping; two beds and a dresser. I wouldn't recommend staying in the deluxe room with more than 2 people. The Beacon has larger rooms available.

I recommend the Beacon.

Room Tip: Ask about room size and number of guests for the best fit.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lori-on-the-go
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Beacon is a great small boutique hotel with a wonderful staff. The location in the heart of South Beach makes for a fabulous location. Walking to the beach was key for us as well as being steps away from shopping and partying. Rooms were an adequate size for me and my sister who were out there for a week's vacation. The bathrooms are a bit small, but everything was always clean. Staff was always warm and friendly and very accomodating. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be in the heart of South Beach and looking for a small boutique hotel at a great value with great staff.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed with my girlfriends for a Bachelorette extended weekend get-away. The Beacon is centrally located and perfect to be able to walk to the beach (it's right across the road and the hotel has beach chairs available for you to use), restaurants and night life!

The rooms were tiny... we had packed light (carry-on's only) and didn't have anywhere to place our bags except for on-top of the dresser. The washroom was also cramped and there wasn't enough space to place toiletries or comfortably get dressed in the space. As the hotel is quite old with some of the room corridors outside, we had to run the air-conditioner the entire time making everything in the room feel constantly damp and clammy which wasn't the most conducive for a good night's sleep.

The WiFi in the hotel was terrible as it didn't consistently reach all of our rooms. This was a huge inconvenience as today's traveler wants to always be connected.

The staff were friendly and helpful, but they can only make up for so much with the hotel infrastructure is out-dated.

I would have preferred to stay in an up-to-date hotel with better temperature regulation, new finishes and larger rooms, however that would have meant sacrificing on location. If location is important to you, choose this hotel. Otherwise, stay away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thinklocalrideglobal
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Beacon Hotel is in the middle of South Beach, right in the thick of things. Driving towards the hotel on a Sunday afternoon was very tricky and difficult with snarling traffic and what seemed like a Las Vegas New Year's eve crowd. Thank God for their valet parking because us country bumpkins probably would not have been able to check in until past midnight. Check-in and out was a breeze. Our room was average size, suitable for two people. The room was towards the back and we were thankful for this; not sure how people with ocean-front rooms sleep at night with all the *LOUD* thumping noises from Ocean Drive.

Bathroom is teeny tiny and may pose difficulties for large or overweight people. Women (or men) with plenty of make-up and grooming supplies will not be able to fit everything in the bathroom, trust me. Close the lid of the toilet when grooming just in case you should drop something. Room and bathroom were quite clean, but not as spic and span as other hotels I've stayed in. This property is old but quite well-maintained and it's obvious they've tried to keep up with the times in terms of decor, tiles, carpeting, etc. There is an exercise room and computers and a printer for guest use. WiFi is free in the room and super fast. There is a deck area on the roof but no swimming pool. Parking is 20 dollars a day. There is a safe, minibar, snacks, and flat screen tv in the room.

Staff is super, super friendly, even offering water at check-out and always asking daily what we did upon our return to their property. They provide beach towels and chairs for free. The beach is about a 100 meters or so from the hotel and it is jaw-droppingly stunning. We used the breakfast vouchers every morning for the included breakfast, but somehow ended up paying an extra forty to sixty dollars for two to three cocktails at breakfast. Oy vey, things on South Beach are not cheap. What appeared like a good deal will quickly morph into an expensive deal with all the gratuities, sales tax, and God knows whatever surcharges are added by the city of Miami Beach. This hotel is walking distance to convenience and liquor stores, restaurants, tacky boutiques, banks, scooter and bike rentals, Lummus Park, other Art Deco gems, galleries, museums, high-end stores, bakeries, gelato shops, etc. The Place restaurant attached to the hotel is mediocre at best and charges an arm and a leg for cocktails and alcohol. Again, caveat emptor at the restaurant, you've been warned. Stay at the Beacon to experience South Beach in one of its original Art Deco hotels. We would definitely return.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, let me say thank you for choosing the Beacon as your premiere location when visiting Miami Beach! Thank you for your compliments of our staff. It's always such a nice feeling when our guest let us know how we are doing. Your smile is a reward with in itself. Our Front Desk staff is very gracious for your kind words.

As you did mention, The Beacon Hotel is in the heart of SoBe and as such is subject to most of the activity that is happening at the time. May is one of our most busiest months of the year. Particularly because of memorial day weekend being around the corner. We invite you to comeback during our low season (June - Oct) when SoBe is a bit more calm. In contrast, sense we are on Ocean Drive, most hotels in our vicinity are of the boutique market built in the late 30's. As such are subject to the Florida protection of historical land marks. Not much can be done in the alteration of room size. But we like to think that this is part of our charm.

Food and Beverage can slip to the expensive side while on Ocean Drive, however I recommend asking our Front Desk of places to visit in your stay. There are hundreds of other restaurants that are not on Ocean Drive.

Thank you again for taking the time and sharing your experience. We always take our guests feedback seriously and utilize it to improve our guest satisfaction. Any other questions, please feel free and contact me at Elvis@beaconsouthbeach.com

Kindest Regards,