I just returned from a 3 night stay at The Beacon Hotel. Purpose of the trip was a long girls' weekend - fun and relaxation. The location was awesome - right in the middle of SoBe activity and directly across the street from the beach. Walk out the front doors, and you are the thick of it all.
- beach chairs are provided, they have straps to carry like a backpack. I would advise you to check the function of your chair prior to leaving the hotel. 2 of our 5 needed to be replaced, which they did promptly and politely.
- location: as stated above, perfect.
- service: everyone was so polite and friendly. They always greeted with a smile and offered to help whenever they could. We arrived early (10am) and check in isn't until 3. We were given vouchers for breakfast and they took my cell number to alert us when one of our rooms was ready. We had a room by noon.
- complimentary breakfast: served in the restaurant in front of the hotel, menu was small but the food was good (2 eggs/bacon/toast/potatoes, french toast, pancakes, omelette, waffles). OJ and coffee included. (TIP: they have flavored creamer on the second floor with coffee - grab some on your way down to breakfast)
- if you are looking for peace, don't stay on Ocean drive. This is not a con for the hotel as much as it is for the location. Ocean drive on a Saturday is noisy to say the least. Our rooms were towards the back, so this didn't bother us.
- rooms are small, but bathrooms are SMALL. Really no room to put anything down. Shower was average size, but sink and toilet were crammed into a tiny spot.
- no swimming pool. I would really have liked to have had a pool to cool off in. But again, not necessarily a hotel issue - I knew they didn't have one when I booked the reservation.
Overall, I would recommend The Beacon Hotel and would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean views, world-class dining, shopping, and nightlife: Beacon South Beach Hotel puts the heart of Miami at your fingertips. Located amidst the best attractions of Ocean Drive, Beacon is a boutique, seaside hotel specializing in luxurious comfort and unparalleled service. Combining historic Art Deco aesthetics with chic, modern design, the hotel drips with glamor and elegance in a tropical setting. As a team dedicated to making your stay memorable, we accommodate your every need for a posh solo vacation, a romantic escape, or a glitzy weekend with the girls. Stay at Beacon South Beach, and indulge in the height of SoBe luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Beacon South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacon Hotel Miami Beach
- Beacon Miami Beach