“Miami for the weekend!”

Ranked #56 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta
“Miami for the weekend!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a good hotel. Clean and right in the middle of everything. The staff was very friendly and quickly responded to all of our needs. Will definetly visit again. The free breakfast was great too...I recommend the spinach omelete. Gus thanks for all your help!

2 Thank Willie M
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel and for providing such a positive feedback on your stay. Your satisfaction is the reason why we will always work hard and provide you with the very best.

Your positive comments are much appreciated and will be shared with the entire Beacon team.

All of us here at the Beacon Hotel take great pride in providing outstanding service to our guests, and it sounds like you had a perfect stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,

Elvis Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Finnish first
West Virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Three of us shared a 2 room suite in this hotel on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach, and we were pleased....mostly. We are fans of Art Deco architecture and found The Beacon, (in fact, the entire area of South Beach) to be a treasure. The area's cleanliness, friendliness and even the April weather were first rate.

The breakfast ,(included), served al fresco, was ample and tasty, if served a bit late for early risers..(i.e. 9-11 a.m.). But complimentary coffee was on offer at an earlier hour.

The beds were comfortable, and the room furnishings generally were in keeping with the period.
Our one grump was that our room wasn't cleaned until mid afternoon...interfering with our holiday nap. When we complained to housekeeping, they corrected the problem in a hurry.
Overall, we had a fine experience in this delightful hotel.

Room Tip: Our suite, Room 319, included a corner room that had double windows, one with a glorious view of the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are very grateful that you chose the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I will make sure to share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team. We are always happy to hear our guests loved the hotel and that we were able to provide the best service possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Be assured that my staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you thoroughly enjoy your stay!

Santos, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you want stay on good place at South Beach, it's a very good hotel to your stay.
Nice people to help you. Good breakfast including (you have to choose one option in a few options). Good rooms, clean, quiet e comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your recent visit at the Beacon hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience with us.

I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire Beacon team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Beacon Hotel and becoming your new favorite hotel on South Beach.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2013

They had double booked our hotel room, which I understand accidents happen. We had another couple come into our room at 5 am! Completely startled us! I was ok with the incident but then when I went to the front desk to figure out what had happened, the lady at the front desk was unbelievably rude! Told me that the double booking and complete strangers walking into my room at 5 am was my fault! They did nothing to help the situation, only belittled me in front of other guest. The rooms are very old which is to be expected, but they were somewhat well kept. Over all the hotel isn't bad, but the rude staff just killed it for me and the only thing they did to make up for it was a cup of coffee!! I travel offten and the customer service at The Beacon was the worest I have had in a few years. It's one thing to tell me they aren't going to do anything about a situation but then to yell at me in front of other guest. I know this isn't really the Hotel's fult but instead the result of one employee but over all it refelcts my view on the hotel. I come to Miami at least twice a year and I am sad that say this lady ruined my stay at the Beacon.

4 Thank TIFFANYH635
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel and for providing feedback on your stay. We do regret that your stay was rather unpleasant but want you to know that it is indeed our privilege to have served you. We deeply regret that you were not satisfied with your stay experience.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment experienced during your stay here at the Beacon hotel. I want to assure you that it never was our intention to provide such disappointing service. I am addressing this concern of yours at this precise moment and intend on taking immediate action to prevent such a situation from ever happening again. Please contact me at elvis@beaconsouthbeach.com as I would like to make this up to you and discuss further details.

Even though you were not happy with overall stay, I and the entire Beacon team conclude with hope that you would grant us another opportunity to show you the true Beacon culture should you make another trip in South Beach Miami.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

3 of us came down to South Beach for a long weekend in April. The weather was perfect, the food was great (and much less $ than we had expected) and the hotel was really wonderful!
The included breakfast was perfect for us, though it's only from 9-11 so if you're an early riser or a sleeper you might want to consider that!
The rooms are not enormous, but for 3 of us sharing a room with 2 double beds we were comfortable, as we were out of the room the majority of the day and evening. We loved that every room came with beach towels and beach chairs, which we put to good use. The location to the beach just can't be beat- you literally cannot get closer on South Beach.

We also loved the funky, modern look of the lobby! And, most importantly, everything was CLEAN! And, new towels (beach and shower) provided every day.

If we traveled here again on a tight budget, we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side (as you're facing the hotel from the street) are pretty dark since the w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

We are delighted to learn that you clearly loved our hotel as well as our location. I can’t thank you enough for the kind words I certainly will be sharing with the entire Beacon team. We do constantly work hard to contribute in making your stay very successful.

We are looking forward to your staying with us again in the nearest future.

New York
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Spent 3 days/2 nights at Miami Beach's Beacon Hotel recently. I had a gift certificate, so I only paid tips --- bellmen & wait staff. Location on Ocean Drive is prime...right across the street from wonderful South Beach beach!! Restaurant served very good food - not excellent, but very good. My wife & I ate breakfast and dinner at The Place, Beacon's sidewalk restaurant. The atmosphere is 'party time', so quiet romance will be hard to find. We saw lots of kids at the restaurant too, but maybe they were just eating there and not staying at the hotel. All on staff that we met were friendly and helpful. The one little elevator (capacity only 4 people!!) was the slowest I've experienced. With only 5 floors, I usually took the stairs. My wife said the room hair drier was "sucky"...apparently not much heat. Parking in South Beach is near non-existent so expect to pay for valet service. The king bed was comfortable. The room was small and lacked a chair. The front desk had one sent to the room. There was no ocean view from our room, but it's only a short walk to the beach. Beach chairs & beach towels are provided.

I'd go to the Beacon again. Miami Beach's South Beach is a unique venue, to say the least & the Beacon helped us get the most from our experience there.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view - I would expect you'd need to pony up some extra cash for it though. Like I...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred Hotel destination and for sharing this great review with us.

We are so happy to learn that your overall experience at the Beacon Hotel was a successful one. I will be more than happy to share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team. Thank you again for giving us the immense chance to host you here at the Beacon Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Potsdam, Germany
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spend one night in this hotel, located at the Ocean Drive. We got a warm welcome and after paying, almost all the kindness was gone. The room was clean, very small and equipped with old furniture (despite of the TV). The hotel was very noisy, not because of the location but because of the very thin walls. Breakfast was served in the restaurant with just one coffee (half mug). The most disappointing perception was simply the fact that only the casual customers were served friendly and without delay, the hotel guests (who got a voucher) were treated like “we got your money already – thanks”.
Bottom line: we cannot recommend this hotel, not worth the money!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank gspla
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for recently being a guest at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing your input that we do take very seriously.

I sincerely apologize that our service standards did not quite meet your expectations. I am also sorry that we were not successful in showing you what the true Beacon culture is.

We would love for you to give us the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me at elvis@beaconsouthbeach.com to further discuss details. We definitely will pay closer attention and do what it takes to prevent such a situation from happening ever again.

It is our hope that you would consider staying with us again if you return to South Beach. I would like to personally ensure a great experience.