“Would I go back - you bet I would!”

Beacon South Beach Hotel
Ranked #58 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the moment we pulled up outside the hotel, and the Valet took our car keys, it was a great stay. (Don't forget there is a charge for parking, but it beats trying to find a space). Such a clean look and feel to the place, and in true art deco style, I tried to turn my watch back 70 years, although there was nothing outdated about the facilities and the staff! Right there amongst the hubbub, great cocktails. Enjoyed the breakfast too, which included a choice of omelettes, bacon and eggs, etc.

It was during the spring break, so it was very busy, but made the people watching even more enjoyable. It was busy, noisy and full of people walking up and down the sidewalks amongst the drinkers and diners, but as every travel guide I had read about South Beach had warned about this it came as no surprise. A lot of noise well into the night but I found the cocktails to be more than adequately soporific!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you so very much for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for providing such a wonderful review. We are very grateful that you have chosen the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination. We are also pleased to know that your holiday experience met your expectations. Your satisfaction truly means the world to us.

Your positive feedback about our services will definitely inspire us to continue to provide you with the very best. I will make sure to share your very constructive and positive comments on our Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back home in a not too distant future.

Elvis Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,485)

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Just finished up another stay at The Beacon and... NOTHING has CHANGED. This hotel is still fantastic!

Even with spring breakers and the start of winter music conference, the noise levels are always reasonable at The Beacon. The staff is always ready and willing to assist with whatever. As Ocean Dr hotels go, still remains the cleanest I've ever encountered.

The only bad thing I can say is that the hotel's restaurant is not actually part of the hotel and as such, no room charges. But as bad things go, most of you may think I am silly for even caring about that.

Juliana, thank you again for the engagement present!

If you are staying anywhere in the Art Deco neighborhood, do yourself a favor and stay at the Beacon.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TravelSox_Twitter

Thank you for choosing once again the Beacon Hotel as your preferred Hotel and for submitting such a great review.

Based on your amazing comments we know that you were very satisfied with your overall stay here at the Beacon Hotel. I will make sure to share your compliments with Juliana and the entire Beacon team. Thank you so very much for loving our Beacon culture.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of counting you among our guests once again in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends on Spring Break and we absolutely loved the hotel! The staff was incredibly friendly, our rooms were clean, the beds were wonderful to sleep on, and the complimentary breakfast was much more than we expected, with choices ranging from omelets to pancakes. It was prime location for the beach, restaurants, shopping, and going out at night. We stayed in a courtyard side, so it was not too noisy at night but I can see how others would find it loud, then again it's South Beach so I wouldn't expect it to be quiet! Outside the door of our hotel we had a small communal sitting area with chairs (see photos on the website) and it was lovely to sit there for a bit of quiet time at the end of a day at the beach. It was everything we wanted and more for a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend the Beacon, whether going for Spring Break with college friends or for a relaxing vacation with family!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank allie f

Thank you so very much for allowing the Beacon Hotel to host you and for taking the time to share with us your overall experience. We are delighted that your stay was memorable and that you had a pleasant holiday.

Your very encouraging feedback on our services will be an inspiration for us to serve you better every time. I will certainly share your wonderful and kindest words with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Its our and first time in South Beach. Wife and I wanted to experience dining right on Ocean Drive and people watch at the same time. We didnt know its also Spring Break so it was crowded. I didnt like sitting right on the walk way where pedestrian walks by your dining table, I think its a little unsanitary with the dusts people and cars stir as they pass by landing on my food, so I asked for a table on the porch of the hotel. The waitress was very accommodating and polite. She gave a very nice table where could still have a great view to "people watch". I had calamari and wife had shrimp salad. Both were great. Waitress always came by with a smile checking on us. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a college student at Howard University in DC. This was my first time ever in Miami and my first spring break trip. I had so much fun with my friends. I created memories that I will cherish forever. However, there was one thing special about this trip for me. Juliana Santamaria, who was the front desk/receptionist. She made sure that my friends and I were okay. She constantly checked in to insure we were comfortable with our room. She just went above and beyond. I just lost my mother last year and I felt that her presence radiated through Juliana. The entire staff was absolutely amazing. The location, the atmosphere, and the experience itself is invigorating. Thank all of you from the upmost for making this trip amazing. There is no other place I would rather stay and be than The, "Beacon Hotel." Love it!!!!

Joshua

Room Tip: The fourth floor is the best place to be. The view is breathtaking. For the best view of South Beach...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent visit at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing such a lovely review. It was indeed a delightful experience for us as well to have had the pleasure to serve you.

At the Beacon Hotel, we believe in offering personalized service, where each and every one of our staff members is committed to providing you with the best. I will sincerely be happy and honored to share your compliments with Juliana and the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at the Beacon Hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a great vacation in Miami Beach and particularly liked staying at the Beacon Hotel. Our room was very comfortable, very clean, sunny and pleasant. We also enjoyed the lovely bunch of fresh flowers !
The staff is very professional, helpful and attentive to our questions.
The hotel is ideally located, facing the ocean. Dining and shopping couldn't be closer. Breakfast is great and you can choose between various dishes.

Mr and Mrs A ...from France

Room Tip: if you can't bear music, ask for your room not to be on Ocean drive, facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bergad

Thank you so very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel and for submitting such a perfect review. We are pleased to know that your stay with us was filled with pleasant and fond memories.

We are pleased to know that our service level had been to your satisfaction. I will make sure to share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back here at the Beacon Hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

But, it is very very crazy busy and loud here. If you have a window view of the street/ocean - then you will never sleep it is very loud.

I like new hotels. This is an OLD hotel. The pictures are very misleading. The rooms are very small and the hotel seems dirty. I would never stay here again because the there are too many hotels in southbeach that are 100 times better and the same price.

Also - no swimming pool!!! No amenities.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank marie c
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your stay experience. First of all, I wish to apologize for any unhappiness and dissatisfaction. I certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your expectations are not met.

We sincerely regret that you had experienced difficulties with the room condition and facilities which did adversely affect the pleasure of your visit with us. Please be assured that we take such feedback seriously and the areas highlighted in your comments are being addressed for immediate improvement and permanent resolution. Please contact me directly at (305) 674-8200 ext.664 as I would like to make this up to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to count you once again among our guests.