“Location, Location, Location”

Beacon South Beach Hotel
Ranked #58 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Beacon for 4 nights. As we were a party of 3 we stayed in an ocean view suite. It had good size bedroon with huge bed and living room with sofa bed, small kitchen area and shower room. The room was nicely decorated with lovely bedding. The hotel staff were very helpful and knowlegeable about the area, recommending restaurants and spas when asked. The mattress on the sofa bed was very thin and uncomfortable however the hotel provided a very comfortable mattress when the problem was pointed out. Free tea/coffee is available all morning and we had free breakfast included. The hotel is in the heart of the art decco district and across the road from the beach. Lincoln Road with its shops and restaurants is a 15 min walk.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room you may prefer a room at the back of the hotel however we found the street...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Hazel042

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My best friend and I just stayed here (in room 509) for five nights. Although our trip was somewhat ruined by a stolen phone, I had few complaints about the hotel! The Beacon's beds are perhaps the most comfortable beds I have slept on in any hotel! After reading the reviews about the small bathrooms I was super worried, but they're totally manageable, clean and updated (at least ours was). The toilet wasn't flushing properly once, but we told the front desk about it on our way out to lunch and it was fixed by the time we returned. The AC in the room did make some noise, but since I like white-noise while I sleep it wasn't an issue. The staff at the Beacon were great! Reynaldo and Luis deserve honorable mention for being super accommodating and helpful. Breakfast was nothing to rave about, but having it included was great! The service we got from the restaurant was kind of awful, so we never ate there for dinner. (I do however STRONGLY recommend Puerto Sagua and La Locanda for dinner, Cuban and Italian food respectively, and fantastic prices for South Beach). Overall a great stay here!

Room Tip: 509 is a great room! View isn't so good, but no nighttime noise as well as clean and updated...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It’s a small family hotel located in amazing place (1.5-minute walk from the beach). We were there in July 2012., staying for 3 nights. Staff were great, they were always polite and smiling. You could feel welcome in the air. It was a pleasant surprise for us when we found out we got breakfast included every day even though it had been said to us that it’s not. In addition, every day we also got beach towels which was a huge relief considering amount of sand out there. We didn’t have to use our own and continue traveling with a suitcase full of sand. The room was cleaned regularly, we had 2 double beds even though one was more than enough for 2 people. The bathroom was small and functional. Our room view was not that perfect, I guess there was another hotel across the street. On the other hand, thanks to that, we had a calm and quiet nights. During the day we didn’t spend time in the room so…who cares about the view. Definitely a hotel to go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sunnyzg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Beacon for our first trip to South Beach, what a pleasant surprise! We booked our room via a Groupon deal, so I don't know what the regular rates are. Room was small, but plenty big enough for the two of us as we didn't spend much time in it anyway. The hotel was very clean and staff was friendly. Julio was particularly friendly and helpful! Free breakfast (limited menu, but more choices then a typical hotel breakfast for sure) was tasty and we were able to dine outside and enjoy the view. We enjoyed the free beach chairs and towels. I had a small issue with a mix up about our second night (due to the way it was booked because of the groupons) but t was fixed quickly and with friendly service. My only complaint would be the noise factor late at night coming from the street noise, but that is not the hotels fault, plus it was a small price to pay for our ocean front room. Also the restaurant attached to the hotel was pricey (I do not know if they are affiliated with the hotel directly), but I suppose it was average for the area. Overall a great find, I would definitely stay at the Beacon again if ever in South Beach in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csweeten
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is me and my husbands favorite hotel in MIA! We love the history, the location, the food and most of all the price. The place is always kept up very well and has amazing bedding. I don't think we will ever stay at another hotel in MIA.

Room Tip: If you are a early to bed type, stay away from the ocean view rooms as there is always a party on th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ExpTraveler13
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Beacon Hotel was a great choice for our vacation in South Beach. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Something to keep in mind when making your reservation is that this is a Boutique Hotel, the rooms are small but come with all the amenities you would expect at a larger chain hotel. Being directly across the beach was a bonus for sure, and the hotel provides chairs & towels :) A big plus was the free breakfast of course too! Great stay overall :)

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the hotel which was very quiet. One morning while getting our breakfas...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a nice hotel! centrally located to most things and right accross from the beach.We stayed in rm 407 and it was a really good sized room. We did not face the street and the room was very quietThe bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on! I still miss it.So glad I read the reviews about the restaurant outside the hotel. The free breakfast was really great but we didn't stray from that for fear of being ripped off. The service was scattered and haphazard and smiles were hard to come by once they knew you were there for the free breakfast. On the flip side of that, I can't say enough great things about the hotel staff! We were 9 girls staying 4 nights and by the time we left it was like saying goodby to family.From day shift to night,I can't single out just one. A special thanks to the housekeeping staff! Our room was so clean. Actually the whole hotel was very clean. I can't imagine staying anywhere else and can't wait to go back! Thank You all!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends