“Another great stay at the Beacon...we'll be back next year!!”

Beacon South Beach Hotel
Ranked #58 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is our 5th stay at the Beacon Hotel. Flying in from Geneva, Switzerland we stay at least 8-9 nights everytime. The place is getting better and better every year. The front desk staff has been the same for years, which is great. They know you and are so helpful!
You tell them, when something doesn't work and they'll send someone up, while you're at the beach.
The rooms have been renovated. The location is great...close to everything South Beach has to offer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Beacon South Beach Hotel

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Beacon two weeks ago. Our stay there was short, just three nights, but we have the best memories about our stay: our room was very nice, with modern furnishings, very clean; the staff was very friendly and helpful (they even provided us with a comp bottle of sparkling wine on our arrival because this visit was a b'day present for my husband). Having breakfast right out on Ocean Drive was a very nice touch also. Some reviews mention that rooms and bathrooms are smallish, which is true but we did not find the small size to be a problem because again everything was very nice and clean. There was only one problem: our AC died on the second day of our stay and they never got to fix it. That did not cause us any huge discomfort because we used the fan, but it would have been nice to have a working AV. I recommend taking a walking tour that's given by the Visitor Center, starts daily at 10:30 am (Ocean Dr. and 14 street, I think) - it costs $20 but you get to learn so much that you'll be looking at Ocean Drive from a wholly new perspective :)

Room Tip: top floors facing Ocean Drive are the BEST in terms of views, light, etc. There is live music downst...
1  Thank Natalya P
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in january 2012 and although the location is good, the rest of the hotel isn't. We had a room at the 4th floor with a bath room that was smaller than any bathroom I have ever seen in my life. You could shower sitting on the toilet, ridiculously small and although we had a leakage near the sink, nobody bothered to repair. They just changed the towels we used to prevent the water leaving the bathroom and entering the bedroom. The bed was terribly sagged and and my friend and me did not get any decent sleep because of it. The window had 'view' of a wall and the elevator is still going up to our floor as we speak.. The location, that's the USP of Beacon. And for some people, the free breakfast probably is too. But only that. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Brigitte519
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Even if we stayed just for 1 night at the hotel, I can recommend this hotel at the Ocean Drive. Excellent and friendly service

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wonderful hotel, ideally situated in the middle of what makes South Beach so famous.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ClaudeLuxembourg
SOBE720, Guest Relations Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on tripadvisor, we all look forward to having you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

The service from everyone at this hotel was exceptional. Really nice people. The decor is cool Art Deco. Yes, the rooms are small so if you are planning on spending time in the room I would stay elsewhere. They provide nice beach towels and beach chairs in the room and even handed us bottles of water when we went to the beach. Breakfast was included with our price. It's served outside on their cool terrace with nice music. The music gets a lot livelier at lunch and dinner. We had sunset cocktails and just watched the parade of people walk by. There is a gym. It's small (a Universal, a treadmill and an Elliptical, no windows. Tea, coffee and cocoa are on the 2nd floor mezzanine. This would definitely be where I would stay again.

2  Thank goodtrips01
SOBE720, Guest Relations Manager at Beacon South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Goodtrips01,
We are short of words to express how grateful we are about your generous comments on the job we do here at the Beacon Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed every day of your stay with us and you made it back safely home.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff members when next you are ready to come to your family at the Beacon Hotel.
Customer Relations Manager
305-674-8200
Derek@beaconsouthbeach.com

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and the staff were just amazing. The breakfast was so much better than I have experienced at other hotels. You get a voucher and have a nice selection of menu choices served at the restaurant. The rooms were so clean. The entire hotel is kept very clean. When you walk in off the street it feels very fresh which is nice because the hotel is older and sometimes it's hard to create a fresh feeling in an old building. The rooms have everything you would need but are small. Some people seem surprised that they are small but you need to remember that this hotel is an old boutique location. Rooms during the time period were ALL small....unpack your bags, use the cabinets and drawers and stow your luggage away in the closet and the space will be fine. The hotel uses an older technology for the door keys so it's actually an added safety feature as the other travelers in the area do not have these keys. The decor is modern and fresh and the beds are very comfortable. Do not worry about the hotel not having a pool. You are literally steps away from a beautiful beach. You may think its worth it to pay a little more for a pool but trust me, on Ocean Drive all the pools I saw were tiny and not very exciting looking and besides, you're in South Beach and it takes two minutes to walk across the street to the beach to go for a swim or get a tan.

Also, just a side note: I left a very important necklace my parents had gotten me in my room at the Beacon. When I got home and realized I thought it would be long gone but called the hotel anyway. I was so pleased to hear that head of housekeeping had locked it up for the manager and today, less than a week since I got home, I received my locket in the mail. You can't get better service than that!

2  Thank Nicole F

Dear Vintage_spaz,
It was a pleasure having you at the Beacon Hotel, we also glad that we were able to locate your precious Necklace left in the room. Our entire staff want to you thank you for trusting in us and for choosing us as your destination in south Beach. Your kind words means a lot to each one of us and serves as an inspiration to tap into.
It is our goal here at the Beacon Hotel to continue to provide, an exceptional service to all who come in contact with us. We ourselves cannot better describe our amenities the way you have done in your section. Thank you for sharing your experience with all on trip advisor. We really appreciate all of it and looking forward having you at the Beacon Hotel in no distance time.

Guest Relations Manager,