1,629 results
All reviews record player rooftop pool cleo restaurant raleigh pool sister hotel vinyl records south beach huge bathroom collins avenue spacious rooms resort fee cool hotel location is excellent an umbrella ocean drive hotel restaurant art deco
Selected filters
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We spent one night in the Redbury on the way back from our Jamaica vacation. We were greeted super friendly at check-in and felt welcome right from the beginning. They showed us around in the room, and a delighter was a real (!) record player along with some real vinyl records. We enjoyed a Beatles' record right away. Of course there was also a modern Bluetooth station to play from ipod, smartphone etc. We love listening to our own music when we travel and really appreciated that.
The hotel has a crisp, modern design and is still cozy. Room spacious, we loved the rainforest shower.
While settling in in the room, we received a lovely surprised by someone bringing us a bottle of champagne and a hand written personal welcome note. Wow! Best welcome so far.
For dinner, we went downstairs to the Italian restaurant "Lorenzo's" in the hotel. We started with sitting at the bar, and we did not leave it. Wonderful atmosphere. My husband had a special cocktail request with the recipe on his phone, and the bar keeper (Jimmy) took it on right away and did a brilliant job. We truly felt like welcome guests. We decided to stay at the bar for food and enjoyed some true Italian specialties. We travel in Europe a lot and are a bit picky about Italian food, and this was really authentic.
For breakfast, we went over to the Raleigh (both hotels are connected). The only setback there was that we had to wait a bit longer for someone to take our orders. Not that we were in a rush, but when guests got served that arrived after us, we asked if someone could take our order. Food was very good though, and the service spot-on after this point in time.
Service at check-out was the same, very professional and friendly. We will be back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear TheRasties,
What a great way to end a Jamaica trip, with a “ticket to ride” to South Beach Miami, as the Beatles would say. This sounds like an amazing vacation. Please let me know when you come back to south beach so that I can make sure to have Jimmy available to mix your cocktails! Thank you for the beautiful review.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Redburry in January and absolutely loved it! Great Service, cool rooms (especially the record Player with bob Marley, elton John ect records), lovely bathroom and shower as well as most comfortable beds! one of the Highlights is the Rooftop terrace where you can relax and look onto collins Ave and the other buildings. unfortunately there is no bar on top (yet), but you can bring your own Drinks up and enjoy the south beach vibe. instead of taking a taxi we were offered a ride in the hotel BMW to our Restaurant! Price is good when considering that the other Hotels in the same category Charge 600 US and up!
all in all: can only recommend it, would go back anytime.
if you want to beach it, head across the street to the raleigh (sister Hotel) and use the beach facilities foc

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear StefM77,
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I couldn’t agree with you more about the Rooftop terrace, it is a wonderful place to kick back and relax. I promise when you come back we will have our brand new roof top bar ready with a cocktail waiting for you. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here when it first opened. Across the street from the beach but has rights to The Raleigh's beach chairs. Rooms were pristine. Loved the vinyl music! Location is perfect but you avoid the painful clientele at places like The Shore Club. The best part is the restaurant, Lorenzo. Outstanding! Hasn't been discovered yet by the masses so get there now.

Date of stay: December 2013

Dear Trippytown,
Although it’s our wish to be discovered by everyone we will try our best to stay the humble new kid on the block. Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you again soon at The Redbury South Beach.
Hotel manager

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I just returned from a two-night stay at The Redbury and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to South Beach. Here's a breakdown.

OVERVIEW
- Exceptional service.
- Clean, spacious, and well designed accommodations.
- Great location.

ACCOMMODATIONS
Our room was a King room on the 3rd floor (Room 310). It was beautifully appointed, exceptionally clean, and extremely spacious. The bathroom was spectacular, with Hansgrohe fixtures and a glass-enclosed stand-up marble shower that could easily fit a party of six (if that's your idea of a party ;). The bed was amazing - super comfortable with a real down duvet (in my opinion, a marker of a true luxury experience). The view overlooked the building next door, so I wouldn't say that was a selling feature, but it also didn't detract from the accommodations.

SERVICE
The staff at The Redbury is top notch. From the hotel managers, to the front desk staff, to the valets, everyone is professional, attentive, personable, and eager to help make your stay a great one. I can't say enough wonderful things about Florencia and Sinem (hotel management), who did a great job making restaurant suggestions, coordinating our arrivals, and ensuring everything we needed was always taken care of. Several of the staff who have come over from the SLS (both SBE properties) commented that the intimate scale of The Redbury allows them to have more quality interactions with the guests, and it shows. Also, I have to mention the staff at the Raleigh beach club - these young men are incredibly attentive, ensuring that you won't have to lift a finger during your relaxing days on the beach.

LOCATION
The Redbury's location is fantastic. It's within a block of some of South Beach's hottest properties, including The Raleigh, The Delano, The Gale, The Setai and The W. It's an easy walk to Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and Ocean Drive, and just one block from the beach.

EXTRAS
There are a few extra perks that Redbury guests enjoy during their stay and you'll want to know about them. The house car is available on a first come, first serve basis to shuttle you around South Beach - nothing like being driven around SoBe in a sleek white BMW. The 4th floor swimming pool is a great spot to stretch your legs for the day if you don't feel like venturing too far and want a bit of peace and quiet. Access to the Raleigh pool and beach club is a wonderful bonus. And finally, The Redbury robes (available in room) are legitimately the most comfortable robes I have ever worn. These aren't your average run-of-the-mill terry cloth. You have to experience them to believe it, but trust me, these robes will ruin you for any boring old robe after. If I could have fit one in my carry-on I would have brought it home ;)

Room tip: We stayed in Room 310. It was very spacious and quiet. The view wasn't anything special (the roof of the building next door) but the room was awesome.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank CuriousCitizenYYZ
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Daniella,

It was great meeting you and Tina throughout your stay. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kind words in your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the accommodations, service and location. We were happy to assist you throughout your stay so that your Redbury experience could be a memorable one. Our objective is to create emotional connections with all our guests and your great feedback shows that we have succeeded once again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I travel frequently for both work and pleasure. This trip was for business to meet with clients in the Miami and northern beaches area.
This hotel, given it's youth, is already well polished and mature. The arrival is so well executed from the helpful and effecient valet team to the truly welcoming and genuinely nice front desk team...all of them. To say that the team are very pleasant does not seem enough. The fact is that the welcome I got every time I came back through the door felt sincere and caring. The rooms are great and such a nice (big) size. I love the record player in the room. I had a great rooms towards the back of the hotel which was very peaceful and away from the roar of Collins Ave. Lorenzo is a good reataurant with an equally effecient and very knowledgeable team. The kale ceasar salad is fantastic but be warned you could get addicted to it.
In short, I felt genuinely welcomed and truly cared for. The team get a right balance of proffecient, professional and caring.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Diarmuid_Buckley,

It is refreshing to hear a review from someone with a business point of view. You mentioned our staff being a right balance of proficient, professional and caring. What else can I ask as a Hotel Manager? We hope to see you soon.