1,663 results
All reviews record player rooftop pool cleo restaurant raleigh pool sister hotel vinyl records south beach huge bathroom collins avenue spacious rooms resort fee cool hotel location is excellent an umbrella ocean drive hotel restaurant art deco
Selected filters
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here when it first opened. Across the street from the beach but has rights to The Raleigh's beach chairs. Rooms were pristine. Loved the vinyl music! Location is perfect but you avoid the painful clientele at places like The Shore Club. The best part is the restaurant, Lorenzo. Outstanding! Hasn't been discovered yet by the masses so get there now.

Date of stay: December 2013
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Trippytown,
Although it’s our wish to be discovered by everyone we will try our best to stay the humble new kid on the block. Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you again soon at The Redbury South Beach.
Hotel manager

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I just returned from a two-night stay at The Redbury and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to South Beach. Here's a breakdown.

OVERVIEW
- Exceptional service.
- Clean, spacious, and well designed accommodations.
- Great location.

ACCOMMODATIONS
Our room was a King room on the 3rd floor (Room 310). It was beautifully appointed, exceptionally clean, and extremely spacious. The bathroom was spectacular, with Hansgrohe fixtures and a glass-enclosed stand-up marble shower that could easily fit a party of six (if that's your idea of a party ;). The bed was amazing - super comfortable with a real down duvet (in my opinion, a marker of a true luxury experience). The view overlooked the building next door, so I wouldn't say that was a selling feature, but it also didn't detract from the accommodations.

SERVICE
The staff at The Redbury is top notch. From the hotel managers, to the front desk staff, to the valets, everyone is professional, attentive, personable, and eager to help make your stay a great one. I can't say enough wonderful things about Florencia and Sinem (hotel management), who did a great job making restaurant suggestions, coordinating our arrivals, and ensuring everything we needed was always taken care of. Several of the staff who have come over from the SLS (both SBE properties) commented that the intimate scale of The Redbury allows them to have more quality interactions with the guests, and it shows. Also, I have to mention the staff at the Raleigh beach club - these young men are incredibly attentive, ensuring that you won't have to lift a finger during your relaxing days on the beach.

LOCATION
The Redbury's location is fantastic. It's within a block of some of South Beach's hottest properties, including The Raleigh, The Delano, The Gale, The Setai and The W. It's an easy walk to Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and Ocean Drive, and just one block from the beach.

EXTRAS
There are a few extra perks that Redbury guests enjoy during their stay and you'll want to know about them. The house car is available on a first come, first serve basis to shuttle you around South Beach - nothing like being driven around SoBe in a sleek white BMW. The 4th floor swimming pool is a great spot to stretch your legs for the day if you don't feel like venturing too far and want a bit of peace and quiet. Access to the Raleigh pool and beach club is a wonderful bonus. And finally, The Redbury robes (available in room) are legitimately the most comfortable robes I have ever worn. These aren't your average run-of-the-mill terry cloth. You have to experience them to believe it, but trust me, these robes will ruin you for any boring old robe after. If I could have fit one in my carry-on I would have brought it home ;)

Room tip: We stayed in Room 310. It was very spacious and quiet. The view wasn't anything special (the roof of the building next door) but the room was awesome.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank CuriousCitizenYYZ
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Daniella,

It was great meeting you and Tina throughout your stay. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kind words in your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the accommodations, service and location. We were happy to assist you throughout your stay so that your Redbury experience could be a memorable one. Our objective is to create emotional connections with all our guests and your great feedback shows that we have succeeded once again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I travel frequently for both work and pleasure. This trip was for business to meet with clients in the Miami and northern beaches area.
This hotel, given it's youth, is already well polished and mature. The arrival is so well executed from the helpful and effecient valet team to the truly welcoming and genuinely nice front desk team...all of them. To say that the team are very pleasant does not seem enough. The fact is that the welcome I got every time I came back through the door felt sincere and caring. The rooms are great and such a nice (big) size. I love the record player in the room. I had a great rooms towards the back of the hotel which was very peaceful and away from the roar of Collins Ave. Lorenzo is a good reataurant with an equally effecient and very knowledgeable team. The kale ceasar salad is fantastic but be warned you could get addicted to it.
In short, I felt genuinely welcomed and truly cared for. The team get a right balance of proffecient, professional and caring.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Diarmuid_Buckley,

It is refreshing to hear a review from someone with a business point of view. You mentioned our staff being a right balance of proficient, professional and caring. What else can I ask as a Hotel Manager? We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was my wife and I's first trip to South Beach, as we stayed in Miami before. We were glad we found this boutique hotel. It is very clean, nice, and has considerably large rooms with large bathrooms. It is also very quite. (we had a room that faced Collins Ave, and didn't hear anything). The service provide by all the staff was top notch. And frankly, I thought the location was perfect. While it is not “on” the beach, it didn’t matter. You have access to the beach by walking across the street, or visiting the sister hotel which is across the street as well. And all the great restaurants and shops are in walking distance.

They also have a nice restaurant inside the hotel.

On our next trip to South Beach, we will definitely stay at the Redbury again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cencalifornia

Dear Virginiaboy,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel rooms and service. One of my favorite aspects of this hotel is the location. Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive and Espanola Way are all just a few minutes’ walk which makes us prime location for shopping, dining, and night life! It is great to here that you have selected the Redbury among all the other properties in Miami and we are honored to host your first stay.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Good but I don't see how this is ranked #1 when the Raleigh across the street (same management?) is many times better.

Pros:
- the rooms are cute
- the front desk staff nice and friendly

Cons:
- you pay beforehand for services that may not be available: e.g. access to the Raleigh beach is limited (it was not available to us, at least, allegedly "all the spots were filled out" ?!!?)
- location is OK, not great
- the rooftop pool closes at sunset

The most annoying thing is the rogue practice of trying to sneak in a ridiculous minibar charge in there, if you're not paying attention. There was no attempt to check the facts with us, just a phony charge of $126 appeared on the credit card statement afterwards. The mystery of the $126 charge was soon unveiled to have been: $7 for an espresso and $119 for nachos (sic). Both false, of course.

The bogus charge was eventually removed after a phone call. But guys, seriously, $119 for nachos ?

Mackayla was definitely not impressed.

PS: Later that week, another Florida resort attempted the same thing with a mysterious charge -- for which they didn't even have a description, like the $119 nachos. So it must be a common practice in Florida...

Room tip: Check your statement carefully
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank Radu S

Dear Radu S.,
It is upsetting to hear that you had mixed feelings about the Redbury; this was certainly not how we like to be perceived. Thanks for the feedback on the rooms and front desk staff. We take pride on having the best hosts in Miami. We truly apologize for the mishap in the mini bar charge and we will discuss this with the staff to ensure this does not happen again. We hope that whenever you’re back in Miami you decide to give us a second chance.