1,459 results
All reviewsrecord playerrooftop poolsister hotelraleigh poolraleigh hotelcleo restaurantvinyl recordssouth beachhouse carcollins avenuehuge bathroomrooms are spaciousresort feebeach accessour honeymoonlocation is excellentan umbrella
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

What an experience... Beautiful. Quiet. Close to all fun spots. Couldn't have been happier with my stay at this hotel. The staff helped us out whenever we had questions and they were so friendly. Vanessa and Kristin especially... Friendly people that just want to help you out and make sure you have a great stay. 5 stars!

Stayed: January 2014
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Tylervp,

Thank you for the 5 star review!! Sounds like you had a great experience while you were in Miami. Please come visit us again soon, Vanessa and Kristen will be ready to answer more of your questions.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Like most boutique hotels in South Beach, the Redbury does not go cheap. However, it's new and has rave reviews, so we were expecting quite a lot. We weren't devastated, by any means, but we certainly were not impressed either.

When we arrived in South Beach, we were using GPS to find the location. We drove by it several times, because it's just not clearly marked. It was really hard to see the sign on the building and it was completely unclear where the valet parking was (around the side of the building). It's off a major street in South Beach, so it's not like you can just slowly drive up and down the street to find it.

We finally figured it out, after circling around the area of 20 minutes and found the valet parking. It was pouring rain and no valet was in site and the area was full of cars. We didn't know what to do! Leave the car blocking the road and go find someone? Park way up the street and drag our bags in the pouring rain to the hotel? Finally we turned on the fourways and my husband had to get out of the car and go inside to find someone. They told us to leave the car there in the street and they'd take care of it. We did this, but I felt uneasy leaving our car in the torrential downpour, in the middle of the street. Visibility was bad and I was worried someone was going to hit our car.
We were early and our room was not ready and it was raining hard, so we decided to have lunch on the hotel restaurant. We were seated...and then waited and waited and waited for someone to even come and take drink orders. There was hardly anyone else eating the the restaurant, so we couldn't figure out why we had been forgotten. After 15 minutes, finally someone came. No apologies, just came like no big deal.
We ordered food and everything was fine, but nothing blew us away. We had crab bruschetta, which I thought was very fishy tasting. My pizza was pretty average, as my my husband's pasta dish. We had a coupon from the hotel, but even so it was extremely expensive. Just a tip for those visiting South Beach. EVERY restaurant is extremely expensive, but MOST are unbelievable. Don't waste time at this place when there are so many other excellent choices. As I said, we were a bit stuck.
For those considering the hotel, please visit their website. See the hotel room they have pictured? Amazing, right? Fresh flowers, books on the tables, a record player...yeaaaah none of that is there. Take all that stuff out and that is what your room will look like. Our gorgeous view?? An alleyway and dumpster, no joke! There were some cute prints on the walls, but otherwise, it was pretty plain. Worst of all was that the bathroom lights weren't working. They had JUST cleaned our room! Really?? No one noticed RIGHT before that the bathroom light wasn't working? We had to call the front desk and they had to call some repair guy to fix it. No apologies once again, just came on it and started puttering around in the bathroom. We finally left and went up to the rooftop pool. It was raining a bit still, but what are you going to do? Besides, we're from Canada and the cold water didn't bother us! If nothing else, we had the pool to ourselves. However "pool" may be stretching it a bit. the 12,000 square foot pool and event space is very separated out and the pool is barely bigger than a hot tub! No swimming laps in the this place! Clearly a patio meant more for suntanning, than swimming.
We only stayed one night, but while the bed was quite comfortable, the room temperature was not. It was a nice 75 degrees all night. I kept going and turning the A/C on/down, but I would wake up an hour later, still boiling hot and go to look at it...nothing had changed. Still 75 degrees. I wasn't going to call someone at 3 in the morning and since we were only staying the night, I didn't bother with it again and forgot about it the next morning.
The next morning the sun was trying to peak through, so we went to the beach, which we have access to through the hotel across the road. The beach area is very nice, but the hotels are all gated off and when I went to go use the restroom, I couldn't figure out which hotel I came from. None of them are labelled. I accidentally went to the wrong hotel! Oh well, no one was the wiser.
We checked out, but stayed a bit longer at the beach. Later on that afternoon, after exploring South Beach some more, we took off for Fort Myers.
Needless to say, this hotel was not what I expected and hoped for and I wouldn't spend the money to stay at this place with so many other, equally expensive, but perhaps better options in South Beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ka_schmeer

Dear Ka_Schmeer,

I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team for the incoveniences that you experienced during your stay here at the Redbury. We were only one month open when you stayed with us and we defiantely had more work to be done. Please do not think that your comments have been taken lightly, all aspects were reviewed carefully with our team and will not go unnoticed.

I have reached out to your personal email to further discuss the incidents and how to recover. It makes me sad that you did not report these issues during the stay because I would have made it my priority to fix these glitches while you were still in house. If only we had the opportunity to turn your stay around, you maybe would not have left with such a bad taste in your mouth.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed when the hotel was first opening. The rooms were beautiful, large and extremely quiet! Our room was directly facing Collins, but you could not hear fire engines go by!

The staff was lovely, helpful and accommodating!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zinkotero
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Alicia O.,

It is so cool that you were one of our first guests! So much as changed since your stay, we hope you can find some time next year to come back and visit us, I think you may be pleasantly surprised with how far we have come. Thank you very much for the review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!

Hotel manager

Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you are looking for a boutique style hotel then look no further! The carpet still smells new! Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. You have all the amenities of their sister hotels also! Staff was very friendly and helpful. You have to try the restaurant. The Italian food is delicious and authentic.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jlm31523

Dear jlo31523,

It is great to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay here at the Redbury. It always feels good to be in a brand new property with all new things. I will be sure to give the compliments to the chefs in Lorenzo as well. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Redbury. The rooms are very beautiful and mine was very spacious. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Plugs to recharge devices are not a problem, as is often the case and there are plenty of USB plugs as well. Definitely would have helped to have a place to hang the towel near the shower instead of having to leave it on the floor nearby. However, aside from that the bathroom is all marble and really very nice. The valet notification by SMS is a fantastic system - fast and efficient and the valets are all very friendly and top notch. While there's no breakfast, the partner hotel across the street has very nice breakfast, in either an elegant room or next to the pool. I really enjoyed my breakfast time and the waiting staff was also extremely professional and friendly. Very importantly, The Redbury is situated in the northern stretch of South Beach, which is much nicer than the southern stretch. It's close to the cafes on 6th Street, one block from the beach, but far enough from the extreme noise on the strip of South Beach. I visit Miami fairly often and have lost many a night of sleep in hotels on Ocean Drive between 5 - 8. That said - there are a few problems:
I had a room facing Collins Avenue. Big mistake! The hotel has a sound system outside. It goes on to very late, but for me the real problem was being waken up at 0645 when the music was turned on. This is a self-inflected big problem for the property! I don't think music at 645 attracts many people (especially since there's no breakfast served), but does wake the guests.
As noted above, the valet service was great, but extremely expensive - $42/day. This seriously adds on to the price of the room.
I was also very surprised to be charged for a bottle of water, which was not in the mini-bar, but was out on the counter. It was almost $11. I spend a good part of my life in hotels around the world. Bottles of water outside of the mini-bar are almost always complimentary or their price is indicated. I really considered this a cheap rip-off.
However, aside from these problems I will probably stay again. I will take a cheaper room where I can sleep and won't drink the water.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the front of the hotel if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Bagherailcane

Dear Bagherailcane,

Thank you so much for the constructive criticism. Being so knew there are definitely some kinks that we need to smooth out still. Our sincerest apologies for the confusion with the water, it is not our intentions to rip anyone off. I completely agree there is no reason for music to be playing outside this earlier in the morning and since your stay we have made the appropriate adjustments. If you return to Miami and stay with us again we will make sure you have a lovely sound-proof room and the water will be on us!

Warm Regards,