“First stay at President Hotel (13-16 March 2014)”

The President Hotel - Miami Beach
Ranked #98 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I would recomend this hotel in terms of cost/quality.
It is very well located in Miami beach.
Walking distance to main amenities, including Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive.
There is a bus close by to Aventura Mall (40') and price 2.45 USD.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Antonio,
We are thrilled that you loved our location; we couldn’t agree more! Your location and transportation tips are fantastic, thank you. We know future guests will also be grateful. We hope to see you again when South Beach fun next calls to you.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We spent, me and my husband, couple of days at President and I should say that is a average hotel at very good location in SoBe!
Complimentary breakfast included for guests and kind service by the whole staff.
I must consider by the high price we pay to stay in, the hotel should improve beds, which are terrible, omg!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Camila,
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We are glad that you loved our location; it always keeps us happy! It is fantastic to hear that our staff took great care of you. We are very sorry that the beds were not to your liking, and we will take your comment into careful consideration. We hope to see both you and your husband again in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Hotels in South Beach think nothing of charging $500+ a night..just because they can. So finding a decent place for $250 is gold. The president is perfectly situated, the staff: Leo and Karla plus bartender Nathalie are great: easy going, eager to please and super friendly. Room was EXACTLY as advertised; clean, modern and spacious. The hotel is not brand new and it shows its age a little around the edges. But that is how we spell Art Deco! Unless I win the lottery, I am going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Doug,
We are thrilled that you loved our location and rates; thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Good luck on the lottery, but win or lose - we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great stay, from the checkin with probably the best customer service I've received in a long time. Thanks Aneesa, think I spelled that right. Room was clean, love the tile floor, hot shower and nice looking bathroom. Really enjoy my stay

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Ben, thank you for the fantastic review! We are thrilled that you loved your stay with us, and we hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

1st off after reading some of the negative reviews I was bit nervous about my reservation at the president but I decided to take a chance and boy I m surely glad I did !! I was greeted very warmly with a beautiful smile by Karla My room was on the penthouse floor it was extremely clean spacious simple but nicely decorated Very large bathroom with a great motif on the door I was there 4 nights during the high season I did nt hear ANYTHING !!! I slept very soundly . The breakfast was basic but very nice. The clientele is very European and fun. I had a great experience and I surely will be back !!! Thanx for everything

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 906jpr
Lori M, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi JP. We’re so happy to hear that you had a great time staying with us! Sounds like we exceeded expectations when it came to being quiet, spacious and friendly. We’ll pass along your comment to Karla – thanks for that too. When will you be visiting again?

Reviewed March 13, 2014

It is so sad that Leo is so accommodating, I feel he is being used by management. On a recent business trip, that was booked in advance and advised clerk of my handicap, I was faced with not being able to access the hotel because the lift was broken. In order to get in and out I was physically lifted by male staff members up and down the steps. As you can imagine I was traumatized by this experience each time it occurred. I booked at the President because it had an elevator, I falsely assumed that advising the clerk of my disability would assure access to the facility. I also had an incident with the glass shower door, popping back on me because of a misalignment, management did change my room, even though they never inquired into the extent of my injury (sore, bruised torso). As I stated, the staff is so great they made it difficult to be upset, they are like natural calmers--President is blessed to have them.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank stilljazzi1
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We want every guest to have an enjoyable stay and to feel well cared for. We would love for you to reach out to us personally at vsuperno@penguinhotel.com. We welcome the opportunity to make things right.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the President Hotel for New Years 2014 (yes, this review is a little late...I know).

The hotel was way better than I expected, especially for the price!!!

The staff was friendly, room was clean, bed was comfortable and everything in my room worked just fine!

I also loved the decor of the room!

During checkout, I was assisted by two of the staff members (I can't, for the life of me, remember their names)...I think the girl at the front desk was named Carla (though I could be dead wrong).

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TonyE189

Better late than never… thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and complement our staff! We are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations; we hope to see you again soon!