“Reconsider”

Ranked #99 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Reconsider”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Only two positives here: Great location to the shopping and the beach. However, I will keep it simple. Extremely thin walls, squeaky beds, poor Internet connection, adjoined rooms (creepy and drunk neighbors wouldn't shut up all night), creepy and drunk neighbors had a room key card that actually opened my room door at 3 am while I attempted to sleep! Broken hair dryer, tv failed to turn on and when it did only a handful of channels (most of which were not clear to even attempt watching)...then there is a daily reset fee???!! Like I said, reconsider your stay here. Consider yourself warned.

• Stayed October 2012
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi Charmz82,
I just sent you a direct message through your Trip Advisor account. Please get back to me as soon as you receive this message so we can find out exactly what happened during your stay and therefore remedy this situation in one way or another. Thank you so much in advance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Kent
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our last night in Miami. The hotel is conveniently located near Ocean drive and the beach. It was very clean and modern. The room (309) had two double beds, flat screen tv, a shower and usual facilities. The balcony was very nice for having a drink and breakfast. Continental breakfast was very basic, toast and cereal. Overall the staff were friendly and helpful

The downside was really the noise in the room at night from people and traffic passing by. I had a lot of difficulty sleeping that night, it felt like you're sleeping outside!! The windows are very flimsy, there are obvious gaps between panels, and I think the hotel can certainly do something about this. Not sure if its the same for other rooms but reading other reviews, seems the case.

There is a mandatory charge on arrival (about $15 + tax) which covers the continental breakfast, a free drink and a few other freebies like beach towels etc. If you're driving, the hotel valet parking costs $30 (+ tax) for 24 hours, this reflects the general parking rates in the area although there's a nearby public parking lot for $20.

Overall a good, clean hotel,well located but the extreme noise levels in the room do let it down.

1 Thank drewtaps
Dear Drewtaps,
Thanks so much for this review. We appreciate your input.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very good deal for great location in Miami Beach! Around the corner from Ocean drive and beach! Rooms were very clean and bathrooms were nice and updated.... As i have stayed in other hotels in Miami Beach before i don't think you can do any better than "the president hotel" in this price range...Staff went beyond all our expectations for us. They left no question unanswered, were helpful , friendly and seemed to enjoy their job! I would like to point out the help we received from Rim and Jamie, who made our stay a rememorable one!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Vacationgirl911,
Kudos to Rim and Jamie! Thank you for posting this review and come back soon! South Beach is on fire all year long......
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the president hotel last week for 3 nights. It was just a quick getaway. We got the hotel for a great price through booking.com and despite some of the bad reviews we didn't have any problems. It was in a great location right on Collins in the middle of everything. Close to the beach and restaurants/ clubs. It was a small room with a small bed, but it was fine since it was just two of us. They offered one free drink person every night at the bar between 5 and 7 which, was good, although some other hotels offer a free hour of happy hour. The pool is very small, not really a swimming pool more to just sit around, but most people dont come to south beach for the pool, you go to the beach! So not a big deal. Overall, we had a good stay, its not a luxury hotel, but its not a luxury price either. Its very similar to a lot of other boutique hotels in the area but it is a great value for the price, better than most. I would stay again.

Dear SFrazer,
Wonderful review! It means the world to us! Thanks so very much and happy holidays!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Booked the Hotel through kayak.com. When I arrived there, they didn't have the reservation. We called kayak and they confirmed the reservation on the phone with the lady at the front desk. But instead of checking me in, I had to wait another 2.5 hours because they needed a written confirmation. They didn't apologize for the inconveniences once. After they finally were able to pull up the reservation, they gave me a king size bedroom. Since I was travelling with 3 friends and we booked a room with 2 queen size beds, one of us got an extra bet and one had to sleep on the floor. When we received the extra bed, the housekeeping left it in front of our room. Not even thinking about setting it up for us.

All in all it was the worst Hotel experience in my life! Unfriendly staff and probably the worst organized Hotel you can find in the states.

Room Tip: Confirm the booked room in advance. Otherwise it is very likely that they have lost your reservation...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Christopher M
Dear Christopher,
I just emailed you directly to try to get more information about your stay. Please reply to my message. Thanks a lot in advance.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Boston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was a bit wary of this hotel because of the mixed reviews, but booked it anyway. The location is fantastic, 1.5 blocks from the beach in the heart of South Beach and walking distance to everything. Reception was friendly, we got there early, they held our bags and called us when our room was ready early. There is a free continental breakfast, free happy hour drink (bartender was really nice). The room was decent we were in 227 and from our tiny bathroom we could see the beach through the alley between buildings :-). The walls are flimsy and it is loud at night, made sure to buy some earplugs. The bathroom could have been cleaner but it was ok, very very small and no bathtub. Overall it was a nice stay, good people watching from the front porch on Collins Ave.
One thing that irked me was I was charged 80cents to make each 1-800 call, I would have used my cell phone, but the calls were 1 hours 45mins to the airline to change my ticket because of hurricane sandy and I know the battery would not have lasted so long. I contested the charges at checkout and they removed them, but said they did charge for 1-800 calls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank donov
Dear Donov,
We love guests that focus on the positive side of things instead of having a whole stay ruined for an insignificant detail....You are a trooper! Come back soon!
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Bed was hard, room smelled a little rank. Cont Breakfast was a joke. Only stayed one night and that was enough. worked out because of the rate but that was about it. The front desk person was nice. Can't really say anything else. Even if the price would be the same and what I paid, still won't come back. Beds are just too hard for me

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear E L,
Thanks so much for this review. I take your comments to heart and I am working on resolving some of the issues you mentioned. Have a great one!