The President Hotel - Miami Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Paradiso(Miami Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Nassau Suite Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Penguin Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
1,552 results
All reviewsocean drivewelcome drinkfree breakfastpeople watchlocation is greatflat screen tvespanola waylincoln roadenjoyed my stayhappy hourart decotwo blocksmiamibartendercollinsclubssobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Booked the Hotel through kayak.com. When I arrived there, they didn't have the reservation. We called kayak and they confirmed the reservation on the phone with the lady at the front desk. But instead of checking me in, I had to wait another 2.5 hours because they needed a written confirmation. They didn't apologize for the inconveniences once. After they finally were able to pull up the reservation, they gave me a king size bedroom. Since I was travelling with 3 friends and we booked a room with 2 queen size beds, one of us got an extra bet and one had to sleep on the floor. When we received the extra bed, the housekeeping left it in front of our room. Not even thinking about setting it up for us.

All in all it was the worst Hotel experience in my life! Unfriendly staff and probably the worst organized Hotel you can find in the states.

Room Tip: Confirm the booked room in advance. Otherwise it is very likely that they have lost your reservation.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christopher M
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Christopher,
I just emailed you directly to try to get more information about your stay. Please reply to my message. Thanks a lot in advance.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was a bit wary of this hotel because of the mixed reviews, but booked it anyway. The location is fantastic, 1.5 blocks from the beach in the heart of South Beach and walking distance to everything. Reception was friendly, we got there early, they held our bags and called us when our room was ready early. There is a free continental breakfast, free happy hour drink (bartender was really nice). The room was decent we were in 227 and from our tiny bathroom we could see the beach through the alley between buildings :-). The walls are flimsy and it is loud at night, made sure to buy some earplugs. The bathroom could have been cleaner but it was ok, very very small and no bathtub. Overall it was a nice stay, good people watching from the front porch on Collins Ave.
One thing that irked me was I was charged 80cents to make each 1-800 call, I would have used my cell phone, but the calls were 1 hours 45mins to the airline to change my ticket because of hurricane sandy and I know the battery would not have lasted so long. I contested the charges at checkout and they removed them, but said they did charge for 1-800 calls.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank donov

Dear Donov,
We love guests that focus on the positive side of things instead of having a whole stay ruined for an insignificant detail....You are a trooper! Come back soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Bed was hard, room smelled a little rank. Cont Breakfast was a joke. Only stayed one night and that was enough. worked out because of the rate but that was about it. The front desk person was nice. Can't really say anything else. Even if the price would be the same and what I paid, still won't come back. Beds are just too hard for me

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear E L,
Thanks so much for this review. I take your comments to heart and I am working on resolving some of the issues you mentioned. Have a great one!

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I was really happy with my visit here. It was within walking distance to the beach and in the heart of south beach. My room was great! I read on here about the walls being thin, but I never noticed it. Service was also great! Excellent hotel for both price and location! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2012
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Nicole,
Excellent review! Thanks so much! Come back soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited this hotel July 2011 and for what it was worth, i wasn't too bad. The pool is more like an area to get you feet wet but the shade provided in the same area is enjoyable. It centrallylocated on the strip and my purpose of visiting South Beach wasn't too be cooped up in a hotel room all day so considering I just wanted a place to lay my head, free drinks during happy hour at the bar, and convenient to everything, it met my standards. You can also people watch during your downtime in front of the hotel since they provide a seating area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim T

Kim T,
We appreciate this review very much!