“Very Nice Hotel in SOBE!”

The President Hotel - Miami Beach
Ranked #99 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Hotel in SOBE!”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The President Hotel was very nice. It was clean and nicely decorated. The only qualms that I have about the place was that housekeeping did not clean our room one day, and we had trouble with our keys that required extensive maintenance. Definitely was not happy about coming back to the room at 3am and being unable to access our room. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I highly recommend taking a day trip to Key West. It is a really quaint town, and if you rent scooters you'll enjoy it even more. Definitely venture off of South Beach because there are a ton of things to see and do. Happy Traveling!

• Stayed June 2011
fmarchese, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for your response.

I do apologize for the key issue, it was an unforseen situation and I again so apologize for the issue.

As far as houskeeping it is unacceptable and I wish I would have know when you were here at the hotel--I have investigated this and have addressed with the staff.

Please contact me directly on you next visit to SOBE so I can assure that you will have an excellent visit with us.

Frank Marchese General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Not the best hotel I've stayed in but for the price I paid I really can't complain. Great location, just 5 min walk to the beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your response.

We try to have the guest experience be the best within our hotel, I glad you thought that the value was good.

We certainly have enhanced the hotel over the past months with many new amenities to better
the guest expierence.

Our location is one of the best with a 5 minute walk to the beach as you mentioned and 3 blocks to Lincoln Road mall with all the shops and restaurants.

Please contact me on your next visit so I can personally ensure you have another wonderful stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed here after blindly booking it through hotwire. That was a mistake I will never make again! There was hair in our shower drain when we arrived and the beds were terrible. The good news is that the staff great and the location couldn't have been beter. Overall I think we should have spent another $100 bucks and stayed somewhere nicer!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank BeckyAbra

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2011

After reading a few reviews about the Penguin and the President in South Beach, I was a little reluctant to book there. I emailed and then talked to the General Manager, Frank and was pleased that he had taken the time to talk to me about the issues and also that he addressed the comments here on Trip Advisor as well. First of all, the negatives. We happened to book over Memorial Day Weekend which was also "Urban Beach Week" . Maybe you heard about the shootings? This was on the street right outside the hotel. If you are not a fan of Hip Hop and enjoy getting shot at, dont go during this week. Beds were a little uncomfortable but they are continually improving the place and they are getting new beds very soon. The positives: GREAT STAFF. Make sure you talk to Jaime as he gave us great advice on restaurants and other things to do. Very acccomodating to every request we made. Very clean. NO BED BUGS. Simple but nice rooms and good shower in the bathrooms. If you are interested in being near the beach and want a simple, clean room with continental breakfast, two free cocktails every day, beach towels and chairs then this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments on the hotel.

It was my pleasure to ensure you had a great experience here at The President .

Management prides ourselves on the staff from the front door, front desk, housekeeping and restaurant.

I'm glad you enjoyed the resort fee, we have so many wonderful comments on the breakfast and the happy hour drinks the beach chairs beach towels and the WI-FI.

We are continuing to plan upgrades in the next half of 2011.

Please feel free to call me again on your next visit to SOBE

ponoka
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel was awesome right from the moment we stepped through the front doors. It had a wonderful warm colour with a quaint old charm to it. People at the front desk were always helpful and pleasant on approach. Their were great large bathrooms by the spa area. The room was large and homey and very clean. THe cleaning staff took care of us as well. Their are a lot of great restaurants in this area. The boardwalk is right across the street and you can catch the bus right outside the hotel. The bus takes you right straight to Lincoln Rd. where all the great outdoor shops are.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
fmarchese, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of the rooms and the staff.

Our location is the best steps from the beach and three short blocks from Lincoln road of all the shops and restaurants,

We also pride our selves on our rooms decor, the individual artistic murals.

Please contact me oon your return visit to The President or Penguin hotels, our sister hotel located on Ocean Drive across from the beach

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights last week, before an international flight out of MIA. It was a much better choice than other no-frills SoBe hotels that offer identical amenities at twice the price. My room and bathroom were VERY clean, and the wireless Internet connection worked fine. The in-room safe was large enough to hold all of my valuables, including a 17-inch laptop, and there was a small fridge to store snacks and leftovers. The location is fantastic, and it was nice being able to sip a complimentary glass of wine at their small lobby bar. The "cons" were relatively minor: for example, water pressure in the shower was terrible. It took several minutes to get hot, and was so weak I could barely wash the shampoo out of my hair. TV service was almost non-existent (only a few channels came in at all), but the wi-fi wasn't fast enough to let me stream Netflix over my computer.

One problem, and this was a big one -- when I checked in, the desk clerk gave me the key to a room that someone was already staying in. The guests weren't in the room when I entered, but all of their possessions were. When I went back downstairs, horrified, she explained that sometimes the computer moves room reservations and they don't check carefully enough. That kind of security breach is unacceptable for obvious reasons, so I would suggest that management talk to their staff about being more careful, before a serious theft occurs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Kimberly N
fmarchese, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Thank you for your review, I deeply apologize for the security and key mix up. I can assure you that all staff including management have been reviewed and advised of this situation.

We are addressing the water pressure issue that you experienced and also the streaming of netflix on the WI-FI.

I appreciate also your positive comments about the hotel and please contact me in the future on your next stay in south beach so I can assure your stay is wonderful.

Frank Marchese
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I have not stayed there, however I was supposed to this May. I made my reservation and was really excited about the stay because the place looks nice, its in a good location and I heard good reviews about it. When I made the reservation they gave me a confirmation for one price and said we wouldn't have to pay until we arrived which was ok for me even though most hotels charge you when you leave. Two weeks after making my reservation they called me and told me that I have to pay more money AND I have to pay by May 5th (my stay was scheduled for the end of May). That to me is not good business ethics/ practice and tried to call even spoke to the manager to try and reason with them, but they gave a bunch of bogus explanations and then just said "you can cancel if you want." They don't have to worry about my business; I can take it somewhere else. Oh and no future recommendations.

• Stayed May 2011
5 Thank Mia816
Hello, I apologize for your inconvenience of your reservation---Memorial Day is a very busy time here in South Beach and I am sorry at the time of your reservation you were not told that a prepayment of the full stay is required.

If you would like to reinstate your reservation I will be happy to assist you and ensure that you
have wonderful accommodations here at The President, we are in a great location and have a beautiful property.

Please contact me personally