“Helpful, Simple, and Close to Everything”

Hotel St. Augustine
Ranked #102 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Helpful, Simple, and Close to Everything”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Hotel St. Augustine proved to very accommodating when I stayed there last August. I checked-in for a 5 night stay and mid-trip decided to take a trip to Key West and they had no issue with my early departure. The breakfast was simple, pastries, cereal, and coffee, but everything was very good and made fresh. The room was not too small and featured a queen bed, with tile floors, adequate air conditioning, a large shower and a mini fridge large enough to fit a bottle of wine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonShawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 14, 2014

As you can see from previous posts, the staff and management at Hotel St. Augustine is phenomenal. They were super nice and very helpful. This was my first time in Miami and I cannot have picked a better hotel to stay in. Everyone from the housekeepers, desk staff, and management were great in their service provided to me. I wrote a thank you card before I stayed at the hotel hoping that everything I wrote would be accurate and it was beyond that, it was amazing and wonderful. Everyone truly surpassed my expectations and made me feel extremely special and comfortable during my time spent there. If I ever visit Miami again, Hotel St. Augustine definitely has my support. The area is great too. Its not too far from the beach (5 min walk) and the infamous ocean drive strip (10 min walk). If you're looking to stay at a hotel not in the center of craziness but also still want to experience a fanstastic stay in Miami, Hotel St. Augustine is the place for you! Sidenote: Michael, Jasmin, Aaron were some of the very nicest and helpful people I've met during my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra A
bari
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Poor service and caring at breakfast, employees are much more courteous than management.
I suggest management to enter a courtesy course on how to handle, manage customers in order to build customers loyalty rather than easily lose them along the way...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
James W, Manager at Hotel St. Augustine, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank-you for your review but frankly I am a little perplexed by your review now in August 2014 of your stay in December 2013. As you can see below we have nothing but good reviews of the staff and the service. I'm not sure what could have happened way back in December of last year but I can assure you that the present management is nothing but helpful and we generally don't take care of the breakfast ! Please feel to contact me so I can address your issues and hopefully turn around your opinion of Hotel St Augustine as we would love to welcome you back to our little corner of South Beach.
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I spend several days at Hotel St Agustin with my wife and daughter. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They were like a family to us as they helped us with everything that we needed during our stay(s).
The room and bed were comfortable and tidy all the time. I will return to Hotel St Agustin in the future and I can recommend it for family & couple trips.

Room Tip: King bed room is excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful about shopping and beach areas, the room was clean, and the shower was very nice, but otherwise I was very disappointed in this hotel. It hardly resembled the pictures that were posted on-line! I wasn't looking for fancy, but I was looking for cheerful and comfortable! The hotel was art deco, but the rooms were more hostel-like than boutique-like. There was a very sweet smelling odor in the hallway that wasn't pleasant at all. The room had a large piece of fabric for the shade covering the window and I understood why when I peeked behind it. It faced the side of another building which was not any more attractive. Furthermore, we did not see any patio area as was shown on-line. The sink area of the bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a drape which provided very little privacy, especially since we were traveling with teens who wanted their privacy. Both of our boys ended up sleeping in their clothes because they didn't feel comfortable changing in the room. Yes, there was parking, but it was a very small lot and very difficult to maneuver. I selected 2 other hotels from TripAdvisor for our vacation in Florida, and the other 2 were as nice as they were pictured. Make no mistake. Hotel St. Augustine is not as pictured!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Flying_Grandparents
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The place was really good and I will definitely go back. First of all there is parking on site. In South Beach that is hard to find. The clerk at the front desk took my bag from my car to the room for me, which was a treat. The place was very, very clean. All of the staff were super nice. The location was great. In walking distance to all the shops, restaurants and bars. The breakfast was delicious. I had a pastry, yogurt and orange juice. They pastries were delicious. The shower/steam room was perfect. The price was very affordable. The bed was very comfortable. I am very happy with the place and being that I live in Fort Lauderdale I will stay there the next time I go to South Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Toni M
Middle Island
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I drove down this year as I have never been to south beach. I must say, after our experience last year in lauderdale by the sea this was a nice treat. The staff was extremely friendly and gave us some good places to eat. They recommended a Cuban cafe for lunch(delicious). As for the hotel, it was very clean, the complimentary breakfast was fresh pastries, orange juice, cereal, yogurt and coffee. I must say the steam shower was FABULOUS!!!!! I wish I was able to bring it home with me. I would definitely go back again

Stayed June 2014