“Absolutely Fantastic”

Ranked #93 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The place was really good and I will definitely go back. First of all there is parking on site. In South Beach that is hard to find. The clerk at the front desk took my bag from my car to the room for me, which was a treat. The place was very, very clean. All of the staff were super nice. The location was great. In walking distance to all the shops, restaurants and bars. The breakfast was delicious. I had a pastry, yogurt and orange juice. They pastries were delicious. The shower/steam room was perfect. The price was very affordable. The bed was very comfortable. I am very happy with the place and being that I live in Fort Lauderdale I will stay there the next time I go to South Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Toni M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Middle Island
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I drove down this year as I have never been to south beach. I must say, after our experience last year in lauderdale by the sea this was a nice treat. The staff was extremely friendly and gave us some good places to eat. They recommended a Cuban cafe for lunch(delicious). As for the hotel, it was very clean, the complimentary breakfast was fresh pastries, orange juice, cereal, yogurt and coffee. I must say the steam shower was FABULOUS!!!!! I wish I was able to bring it home with me. I would definitely go back again

Stayed June 2014
Toronto, ON
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much to Jasmine and James for making our stay in South Beach even more incredible! The hotel is conveniently located a block from great restaurants, two blocks from Ocean Drive / amazing beaches, and a block from the pharmacy for snacks, drinks and anything you may have forgotten.
The studio style room had everything you needed and the bed was very comfortable. The room was nice and quiet. The complimentary breakfast and beach towel sign out were very convenient.
Thanks to both Jasmine and James on great recommendations on where to eat, shop and play. Great Cubano sandwiches, ceviche, restaurants, lounges, and Nikki Beach. You made a wonderful time even more special. Can't wait to come back and stay with you again. Worth the drive from Toronto!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MochaP
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly hotel staff. The room was warm and inviting. Great art deco décor. Hotel was quite and two blocks from main art deco on the beach road. Always greeted by hotel staff with a smile. Very helpful in suggesting places to see and restaurants. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra B
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I found this hotel to be great value for money, especially when other options are so much more expensive. The location in South Beach was walking distance to the beach and shopping areas - so it isn't right in the action but close enough not to be a problem. The room was of a very high standard and there was plenty of space to move about.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, England
Reviewed January 26, 2014

South Beach Miami. It's going to be expensive but the St Augustine is a good option just 5 minutes walk from Ocean Drive.
This is an art deco hotel with lots of interesting features. We stayed for 2 nights in incredibly comfortable queen size beds, but the stand out feature is the amazing bathroom. The shower area has 4 shower heads and incorporates a sauna with 4 temperature settings. Could have stayed there all day if there weren't so many things to do in South Beach!
No flat screen tv and no lift, but the receptionist helped with the luggage. Unfortunately no view out the window as it was obscured by a palm tree. The adjacent parking lot cost an additional $20 per day. Breakfast was the usual basic continental style but brightened up by the friendly woman who serviced the breakfast section.
Many varied eating and shopping options a few minutes walk away on Ocean Drive, Collins Ave and Washington Ave. Shame about all the roadworks on Collins while we were there. Also only 5 minutes to the lovely beaches.
The reception staff were efficient and friendly, so all in all I would have no problem in recommending this hotel for your South Beach stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Russell E
Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in August for our honeymoon. We loved the hotel room - very clean, comfortable bedding and the steam shower was an excellent feature after an exhausting weekend. The rooms were also well-priced and the only rooms I was able to find in Miami Beach with a steam shower. I am an admitted germaphobe/neat-freak and would normally rather not stay in a hotel however, the rooms here were extremely clean and I felt very comfortable. James, the front desk manager, was very friendly and gave us helpful tips for exploring the city. He even left us surprise complimentary champagne and a personalized note to celebrate our wedding - a sincerely sweet touch! We would not categorize ourselves as city-people but would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple