“Looking forward to going back again”

Hotel St. Augustine
Ranked #93 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Been here three times before - last time September 2011 - going back next week ! Can't wait. The breakfast does the job - coffee, danish, cereal and yoghurt around an informal bar style setting with fantastic attention from the staff. Rooms are large as are the beds - hanging space could be larger but the place is in a great loctaion for the beach, downtown and everything Miami Beach has to offer. Get there!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NICKfromCumbria

Reviewed August 24, 2012

dont let the looks be decieving, not all thats cracked up to be. Stayed here because of the shower and location, the steam shower never worked i complained and all i got was someone will be here to fix it . which never happened. location is ok but i will never be back to this hotel, do not recommend it at all there are a lot nicer hotels in the area

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stephanie124
James W, Manager at Hotel St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

We sincerely apologize for your steam shower not working- we know that it is one of the features of our rooms that our guests enjoy the most. Unfortunately this unique feature requires specialized repair; and your stay was not long enough to get it repaired by the time you checked-out. We would like to contact you in order for us to turn around your guest experience.
Please send me your details so I can reach out to you or contact me at 305-532-0570 so we can discuss .

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Visited SOBE for a friend's 30th bday. She found a good Travelzoo deal online so she booked it. Overall, the room was nothing special. I have stayed at much nicer places in SOBE, but it served for a place to sleep. The walls are VERY thin. I knew people would be up late, but we could clearly hear our neighbors at 4 am... and they weren't even talking loudly. Now, for the bathroom... ours was COMPLETELY open. Thank god the toilet had a door. But the shower looks like the pictures... just some glass. For two girls sharing a room, it wasn't a huge deal, but something a little more private would have been nice. Our friends room was slightly different, they had a curtin they could pull to separte the bathroom a little. As long as you're comfortable with your roomie, its not a huge deal. Do not expect any type of view. We looked right at a concrete wall. Also no elevator, but its only 2 floors, so it is a SMALL place. Good location, but a few blocks from the beach! Nice free happy hour with wine and cheese. The front desk people were always very nice and attentative. For a quick girls weekend, it sufficed, but I probably won't stay here again. I didn't see a pool so I don't know if they have one. They did have a small continental breakfast, but it was mostly grocery store pastry's, cereal, yogart and oatmeal. There is no onsite restaurant. Thankgoodness there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here the day before our cruise. Taxi from airport was a flat rate $30 around there. Taxi to port of Miami around $25. The hotel price was affordable and a good value. I stayed up on Collins ave. last year and the room was about $100 more at the catalina hotel. What made this a special hotel is its hip, fresh, and you can walk everywhere. We shopped Collins Ave. and Washington Ave. we ate twice at one of the many restaurants on Ocean Drive. We had drinks at Wet Willies (too expensive and the frozen drinks melted way too quick). I recommend the Big Pink restaurant. We walked there from the hotel for breakfast. Lots of food and great service. The menu is HUGE! Would have loved to eat here for lunch!

Back to the hotel...the decor is modern and absolutely beautiful. The rooms are big with everything you need. Loved the shower...four heads I think. Loved the robes and toiletries! The cleaning staff was friendly and accommodating for anything like extra towels. It's a small hotel so they cater to their guests. The man at the front desk was friendly and accommodating as well. He went out of his way to suggest places to eat and places to go. He answered every question and never made us feel that we were bugging him. Wish I could remember his name.

We spent the afternoon at the beach. It was easy to walk to. Stopped for a drink on ocean drive on the way. We got towels at the front desk beforehand. Rented beach chairs and umbrella for $35. A guy came around making money on his own selling various drinks in a soft cooler he carried so it was immediate service. I had lots of beer...corona in a can was $5...he came back every hour for me:). You can't buy beer at the concession stands on the beach, so this was a great way for him to earn a living!

Hotel has breakfast. Pastries, cold cereals, etc. Nothing special but it is included in the price so it was nice to have coffee and a croissant to start the morning. We went for a late breakfast at the Big Pink.

The only two issues with the hotel that some guests might be concerned with are there is no elevator and the bed. You have to lug your suitcase up a set of about ten steps which was NO problem for us. The other issue is the bed...they need to purchase new mattresses....too hard for me. I'm a flight attendant and I sleep in many hotel beds so I know what a comfy bed feels like. Our night's sleep was ok because we were exhausted from sightseeing but in the morning we were a little stiff. The room, service, decor, and everything else in the hotel was wonderful. I just think since it's a small hotel it would be nice to buy comfy mattresses or mattress pads...just sayin!

One other thing...there is no pool at the hotel. This was fine for us because we went to the beach, but it might be an issue for guests wanting a pool. I never asked if we could have used another hotel's pool but maybe that could be done.

I WILL DEFIANTELY STAY HERE WHEN I HEAD TO SOUTH BEACH AGAIN:)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dspreng_12
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I loved my first trip to South Beach Miami the staff at St. Augustine was friendly and professional. I enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located in a convenient area. You are about three blocks from the beach and lovely shopping on Collins Ave, eating all around. My experience was great because of the helpful staff at St. Augustine. My next trip to Miami I will be staying here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank StaceyS581
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Wow! OK, I'll say a little more. My girlfriend and I spent the night here while celebrating my birthday in South Beach. Trust me, this will be our regular stay over location from this point forward. Our room was cozy with a king size bed and standard amenities. What really set it apart for me was the very roomy steam shower. Multiple water jets for showering, a built in seat for two, and the steam room feature was awesome. They provided two bath robes embossed with the hotel's name. The staff also provided two "Little Debbie" type cakes wrapped in cellophane with the wording "Happy Birthday" printed on it, and also a written happy birthday wish signed by the entire staff.

Room Tip: Not much of a view from any room but the room itself is awesome. Most overlook an alley or the grav...