WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Starlite Hotel

Starlite Hotel
Ranked #157 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Glasgow
“Love Miami , Hotel Shame!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We booked this hotel for 4 days as it looked good but some reviews were a bit iffy, we should have listen to our fellow travellers. No tea and coffee making facilities, no safe and a door that was not that safe. A microwave but no dishes:( Good fridge though nice cold water here.
Internet was great and location and view fab.
The whole hotel is still in the art deco era not had a lick of paint since, some of the worst décor I have ever seen, well over priced, not that clean and no where to park.

Andy's Top Tip in Ocean Dr, Park at multi storey car park on 16th St on $16 a day, I drop the good lady of at the hotel and walk back takes 10 mins and you can watch the silly skate borders try to kill themselves on the road LOL.
PS The most the staff are miserable as well :(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ADWGlasgow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Several stays in South Beach and this by far was the worst hotel. The rooms were dirty and unbelieavbly noisy. Walls are paper thin. Service at the desk was horrendous. The maid came in and took the comforter with my nighgown inside it and they refused to send it back to me. I keep it at the foot of my bed incase anyone comes to the door. I don't sleep in it. The told me it was in my sheets and I'd have to mail them a FedEx envelope prepaid to get it back. It was taken from my room. Good luck getting through by phone. Rude and snobby.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank laurie H

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Reading the reviews scared my boyfriend and I when we had already packed. We booked our vacation through hotwire, and were extremely happy with the hotel. The staff were very helpful when we asked about directions and places to eat. As well, the cleaning staff were amazing and our room was always clean. The rooms were well kept and spacious. No complaints at all about the hotel. Yes the $100 deposit was a bit of a shock, but we got it back at the end of the week.
Location was great. The only problem we had was with the shops on the board walk. They were very very pushy. We ended up just walking on the otherside of the street to avoid it.
But the hotel was great. If you are expecting a five star, this won't be it. We realy only slept in the room and used it to have some down time because we were busy during the day. Great, great place though. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Again, there is a $100 room deposit. And if you don't want to deal with the pushy people at the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha W
Swindon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

To be fair we were travelling on a budget and this hotel fitted what we were looking for. A central location on the beachfront. Bar as you walk in which smells horrendous. Our room faced a wall and bathroom unclean and tiny. Staff helpful. Dodgy lift!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Orford, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in miami, at starlite hotel. Very good location I admit.
Otherwise, we found cockroaches in the room, nasty mould around the shower. Tiny room (we had #111) located right in front of the storage room. We appreciated not hearing the loud music from the bars, but we got awaken by trash trucks. Our view from the room was the garbage, employees smoking in the back street. "Kitchenette" with doors that don't close properly. Oh and dont forget to add 22$ to parking valet.
We are not fancy customers but this is limit to insalubrity.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrée-Anne B
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Perfect location. Friendly staff! I stayed here with friends we had a great time in south beach and loved the location. I would def stay in this hotel again.
The view was amazing from our window by the way..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

While I was reading comments, yes I was a little afraid to stay here, however this was within our budget, I even brought my own sheets. Needless to say, I didn’t have to use my sheets. The place was very clean-even smelled like Clorox. I would recommend if you are on a budget this is a great place to stay. I would defiantly stay here again due to low cost. The staff was really friendly as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends