“Good as expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #162 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Good as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were very glad to find this hotel with a very affordable rate on the last minute for our Labor Day Weekend 2013.
The hotel is clean, nice, not very different from the others located in the same area which is the epicenter of fun in South Beach. What is amazing is that in spite of how close it is to big noisy bars, the rooms are pretty quite (the AC humming helps) but we never heard any load music from outside.
The rooms are very clean, bathrooms clean and nice. Rooms smell very nice. They are small but cozy. Beds are really comfortable.
You should know if you have never been to SOBE that parking is hell. Call the hotel in advance because they might be able to take your bags and park your car if you are there too early. The beauty of this hotel is that valet parking is $22 (as of 09/2013) that covers the entire stay day and you can call them at ANY time to get your car with valet parking, this is really convenient. The rooms have microwave and mini fridge (go to Publix Supermarket, stack up and store, you will save a load of money because eating out and especially drinks are super expensive).
The hotel is near a 7 eleven for coffee and other and near several liquor stores.
Advice, walk 2 blocks west for more affordable prices on food and drinks.
Bottom line, excellent location, service, parking, rooms, price. But only if you are not too picky and really want to save money. Either way, most hotels on the same block are pretty similar but more expensive.

Room Tip: No pool at this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

You can't beat the rate, location with no resort fees, mini fridge to store beer and a microwave. Now, the hotel looks a little dated when you first step in, but so do a lot of the other boutique hotels in that area. I was nervous about the room, but to my surprise it looked just like it did in the pictures. We stayed in a room facing Ocean Drive which I was upset about because I've read reviews of other hotels on Ocean who's guests mention that the noise level was unbearable. That was not the problem here. The music was blasting on the outside as its next to Wet Willie's but we didn't hear a thing in our room. Maybe they have soundproofing. The towels were nice and fluffy and so was the bed linen. My only complaint is the housekeeping. We stayed for 6 nights and she only came to our room once. I had to literally chase her down for fresh towels and I made my own bed. She did sweep one day for me. Oh that's another plus...tile floors opposed to mystery stained carpet. I'll stay here again. This time I'll grab the housekeeper early. The front desk Patty is a riot. Love Her!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elois4u
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Starlite Hotel was located in the perfect spot for partying, however I made the reservations on Olotels.com for a room with 2 beds, but when I checked in the lady at the desk said it was made for a room with one bed. I know that was wrong. So my friend and I had to share a bed. Housekeeping was horrible and you had to go get your own towels/rags if you wanted them. Front desk lady Patty was awesome! She was the best part of the stay. Room was clean, but if you wanted it to be cleaned while you're staying there you'd have to ask and hunt down the housekeeping lady. (She also doesn't speak English by the way)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 days in miami at another hotel and after we came back from our cruise we decided to stay an extra night in miami but we knew we weren't going back to the previous hotel we stayed at. We looked at different prices because we didn't need anything expensive for just one night. We found the starlite hotel and the price was ureasonable and the hotel reviews were ok. So when we went to check in it was to early so the lady at the front desk said we can leave our luggage lined up against the wall. I didn't feel comfortable leaving our belongings there but we didn't have a choice because we didn't want to lugged around that heavy luggage. So we put a lock on our suite cases. Anyway the location is perfect right on Ocean dr and directly across the street is the beach and right next door is wet willies. You're right in the middle of the night life. Ok now fastward a few hours later we checked in our room and we had to drag our suitcases up a flight of stairs because their elevator was out of service umm.. that was a major pain in the butt because our luggage was very heavy anyway we finally made it to our room and it was ok. It had a refrigerator and I was happy because our last hotel didn't and we had to throw our food away from the restaurant because we had no where to put it. Anyway The beds were ok. Our view was of the side of a building who had a street light that stayed on the whole night. The water in the shower was so hard when it hit my body it hurt. Anyway the hotel served its purpose for us. Not the best but we weren't looking for a 5 star either! If your looking for some where to stay where your in the center of everything and your just in the hotel to shyt, shower, and sleep then this is the perfect hotel. But if your looking for something like the FountaineBlue then your definitely at the wrong hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mzniki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The room looked big on the picture on booking.com and the price was reasonable hence I chose it. When we arrived at the hotel I was surprised about the narrow lobby reception, a creepy sound of the elevator and an oriental receptionist who can hardly speak and understand English. The worst is housekeeping services ends at 12 midnight and resumes at 8 am. Place is ok if you are staying for a day or 2 only or if you want to explore Miami at a slow phase on a tight budget.

Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Gijane R
Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed only for a night before our cruise the next day. We booked through Expedia.com as a flight and hotel package. It was decently priced so we booked it. The reviews were average.
South Beach is an amazing place to see. We arrived early after a morning flight and knew our room wouldn't be ready but didn't like the idea of having to put our bags in a hallway, where the woman behind the desk would "keep an eye on them". They were literally right out in the open and quite accessible to anyone who wanted to take one. We had to put trust into this and went out for our day. Nothing happened to the bags, luckily, but they must certainly know that people arrive early and need a place to store baggage!
The hotel was old, our room small and really needed updating. It was pretty bad actually but again, we knew we were there only for the night.
I'm not sure I'd "recommend" this hotel but for our purposes, it was ok. They have water and coffee on a small table in the entrance area. I wouldn't want to turn anyone away from it either, but it just depends what you want from your stay. Lets say that I'd look for another location before I booked this one again but if I had to, I would. I hope that helps?
We didn't find the hotel that friendly, not like other's we've stayed for the night. I really liked the Congress that I stayed in last time. I booked this one because it was cheaper and I wanted to stay and experience something different.
The location is GREAT though, right in the middle of everything.
I give this hotel a "poor" grade because Im not sure I'd even call the Starlite "average", but it certainly provided the one night's stay we needed before our cruise in an awesome environment like South Beach. Please email me with any questions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple