“Good Location!!!”
Review of Starlite Hotel

Starlite Hotel
Ranked #182 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 days in miami at another hotel and after we came back from our cruise we decided to stay an extra night in miami but we knew we weren't going back to the previous hotel we stayed at. We looked at different prices because we didn't need anything expensive for just one night. We found the starlite hotel and the price was ureasonable and the hotel reviews were ok. So when we went to check in it was to early so the lady at the front desk said we can leave our luggage lined up against the wall. I didn't feel comfortable leaving our belongings there but we didn't have a choice because we didn't want to lugged around that heavy luggage. So we put a lock on our suite cases. Anyway the location is perfect right on Ocean dr and directly across the street is the beach and right next door is wet willies. You're right in the middle of the night life. Ok now fastward a few hours later we checked in our room and we had to drag our suitcases up a flight of stairs because their elevator was out of service umm.. that was a major pain in the butt because our luggage was very heavy anyway we finally made it to our room and it was ok. It had a refrigerator and I was happy because our last hotel didn't and we had to throw our food away from the restaurant because we had no where to put it. Anyway The beds were ok. Our view was of the side of a building who had a street light that stayed on the whole night. The water in the shower was so hard when it hit my body it hurt. Anyway the hotel served its purpose for us. Not the best but we weren't looking for a 5 star either! If your looking for some where to stay where your in the center of everything and your just in the hotel to shyt, shower, and sleep then this is the perfect hotel. But if your looking for something like the FountaineBlue then your definitely at the wrong hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank mzniki
There are newer reviews for Starlite Hotel

Reviewed June 24, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sherif R
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The room looked big on the picture on booking.com and the price was reasonable hence I chose it. When we arrived at the hotel I was surprised about the narrow lobby reception, a creepy sound of the elevator and an oriental receptionist who can hardly speak and understand English. The worst is housekeeping services ends at 12 midnight and resumes at 8 am. Place is ok if you are staying for a day or 2 only or if you want to explore Miami at a slow phase on a tight budget.

Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Gijane R
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed only for a night before our cruise the next day. We booked through Expedia.com as a flight and hotel package. It was decently priced so we booked it. The reviews were average.
South Beach is an amazing place to see. We arrived early after a morning flight and knew our room wouldn't be ready but didn't like the idea of having to put our bags in a hallway, where the woman behind the desk would "keep an eye on them". They were literally right out in the open and quite accessible to anyone who wanted to take one. We had to put trust into this and went out for our day. Nothing happened to the bags, luckily, but they must certainly know that people arrive early and need a place to store baggage!
The hotel was old, our room small and really needed updating. It was pretty bad actually but again, we knew we were there only for the night.
I'm not sure I'd "recommend" this hotel but for our purposes, it was ok. They have water and coffee on a small table in the entrance area. I wouldn't want to turn anyone away from it either, but it just depends what you want from your stay. Lets say that I'd look for another location before I booked this one again but if I had to, I would. I hope that helps?
We didn't find the hotel that friendly, not like other's we've stayed for the night. I really liked the Congress that I stayed in last time. I booked this one because it was cheaper and I wanted to stay and experience something different.
The location is GREAT though, right in the middle of everything.
I give this hotel a "poor" grade because Im not sure I'd even call the Starlite "average", but it certainly provided the one night's stay we needed before our cruise in an awesome environment like South Beach. Please email me with any questions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelGuy1224
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It's your typical SoBe sidewalk cafe with the same generic menu as all the rest but it's great for people watching. I ordered the lobster ravioli ($23.50) and one of those 2 for 1 ($25) margaritas with two Coronas. My food arrived cold and I was shocked to see 5 small raviolis drowned in sauce. My drink was delicious but it was so huge; there was no way I could finish it. They have hookah here if that's your thing. I won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was looking for cheap place to stay at South beach - and i really found it :) A hotel was good - i and my girlfriend got everything what we wanted - a room to stay for 3 nights. Room was good with small place for our clothes, fridge, air conditioner, microwave, TV and bathroom. We respect this place because of location - just 1 minute across the street and you could get to the beach - it was really very nice. Sure, all halls in hotel looks as dormitory..but we didn't spend a lot of time inside - we try to chill out and spend a lot of time at the beach and traveling around Miami. That place is good for those, who would like to spend a lot of time at the South Beach and be very closer to non sleep streets and amazing sandy beach. I am recommending to visit Miami Seaquarium - it's amazing place to have fun and do not forget to try the delicious Miami mojitos :)))

Have fun in South Beach!!!!

Evija from Vilnius (Lithuania)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Evija V
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was great.. Very clean and organized room.. We were seconds away from the beach. And there cafe downstairs was great. We smoked hookah till four am one night.. No complaints! Try the Starlite Hotel you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2013