Starlite Hotel
$299
EDITION
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$369
$428
$322
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$263
$230
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewsin south beachwould stay here againrestaurants and barsmini fridgeactionhookahclubs
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I went with my girlfriends for 4 days of fun at the beach. I was pleasantly surprised by the Starlite Hotel. The rooms were clean, everything was functional. I read some of the reviews and they talked about the furniture being dated. That was not my impresion at all. It is not a 5 star hotel but it serves the purpose. The bathroom is clean which is a real must. The matress was extemely confortable. The only negative thing was that the walls are paper thin and if you happen to have a noisy neighbor or group staying at the same time as you it may be an issue. This is not an area were you really want to bring kids. Its a party atmosphere. The hotel is right in the middle of the action; its across the street from the beach and a couple of blocks from Mongo's. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank laduque
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Me and my boyfriend came to get away and relax. You walk in and there is no AC in the loby. There are drunks the lobby, which is the front desk/ bar. The elevator didnt work so we had to walk up and down to and from the 4th floor everytime. That night and the 2 next nights were hell! Parties would be held in the hallway of the rooms, everynight. For HOURS! Not once did I hear management come and stop it. There was weed and cigar smoke all day long. We would wake up to trash in the hallways. After coming back from the beach we would want to shower with fresh towels that were to be replaced daily, but no instead they were folded up and rehung as new. Sweet people,but hotel poorly run.

Room Tip: Party, Party, Party, no relaxation.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jvera3
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I guess if I had only stayed one night, then you can not beat the cheap price. However I was there for 4 nights and left with 8 bed bug bites, so gross!!!! Staff are rude, only the bar tender was okay. I would not return...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ESquare2
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was surprisingly cheap in one of the hottest destinations in the world. You cannot get any closer to South Beach than this, the hotel is right in the middle of it all on 8th and Ocean. It is next door to Wet Willy's, a popular South Beach Bar. If you get a room with a view you won't regret it. Just open the window and you have a front row seat to the Ferraris, Lamborghini, and of course the beautiful people... (though not always as beautiful as one might hope).

As far as the hotel itself... well, you get what you pay for in that regard. The staff was unfriendly, not very accommodating, and generally bummed out. Also, they changed the rate on us once we checked in versus what we reserved by 10 dollars a night. No biggie, but not a good practice. The room was small, not the cleanest, and had tile floors which became sticky and sandy very quickly. There was a small roach in the bathroom (yuk) and the maid smoked a cigarette outside our door upon checking out. yuk!

The room did have a nice sized fridge AND a microwave... Definitely a bonus!

All in all, I would stay here again simply because the price and location is unbeatable. If you want an affordable place to crash while partying on South Beach, this is it. If you want a nice hotel... well... you catch my drift.

Room Tip: Ask for room 201 to be closest to the action.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunshineStateGuy
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I have been to Miami 3 times and twice I stayed at the Starlite. I went 2 years ago when I was 23 with a bunch of 21 year old and it was fine to crash with friends during memorial day weekend at $300 a night. We were just planning on never being in the room. It is just for that intoxicated young person that doesnt care about quality or over the top customer service. You have to come in with the same attitude as the staff, you dont care because they dont care and this is all a joke;) They are all nice dont get me wrong but the moment you ask them for a razor,extra blow dryer,im sure complimentary toothpaste they are going to look at you like "what are you asking me for,this aint even that type of hotel" (while smoking a cigarette) lol-im sure they are just use to craziness. Fortunately for them Im sure they are always going to be in business because when the whole city is booked someone will see a good rate at the Starlite and you have no other choice but to press book. Oh also be very careful because the two times ive been there random people will knock on my door at weird times of the night. Watch out for the random locals who roam the streets at night and may try to walk the floors. They do have cameras now so hopefully that helps. Never again will I stay there again since I am maturing and my standards are a bit higher. But dont come here with the highest expectations. A couple of positives I must admit to you they are directly off beach. Count to 60 while your walking and you will see the Atlantic Ocean. They are directly next door to the infamous wet willies. They keep the room simple where clearly its not made for lounging;) I had to think for a second while i was in the room because i felt that something was missing, there were no chairs in the room. They did have a refrigerator and surprisingly a microwave.;) oh starlite-you amuse me-i dont know what we would do without a hotel like you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends