“Exceptional "Stay-cation" Weekend!!”

Ranked #73 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Exceptional "Stay-cation" Weekend!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

From the moment I arrived on Ocean Drive, the experience was exceptional. The hotel valet station was nestled between two beautiful al-fresco restaurants and the attendant, Julio, was welcoming and helpful as I parked in front of the hotel and unloaded my bags. After receiving my valet ticket from Julio, he graciously walked me to the hotel entrance and gave me directions to the lobby. After an elevator ride up one floor, I arrived at the hotel lobby, complete with business center area and balcony overlooking Lummus Park and the beach. Maria greeted me as I checked in and had my reservation ready as she efficiently gave me the details of the hotel (beach, breakfast, etc.) and local area. She handed me my room key and I was lucky enough to receive an upgrade. After checking in, I went to my room on the fourth floor and was beside myself!!! The room was gorgeous and spacious and immaculately clean. There was a dining room and full kitchen, sitting area with sofa, two chairs and very decent flat screen TV, huge ourdoor patio space overlooking the ocean, king size bedroom with another TV and lovely light beige marble bathroom with jacuzzi tub/shower. More than worth the price I paid with Hotels.com! I had plans in the evening, but wound up having some friends over just to see the room and enjoy a drink on the patio. Everyone was unbelievably impressed by the room, the view, the hotel and the area. Upon checkout, I met Erving who assisted me with my bill and valet and my car was waiting when I got downstairs. I will be going back to this hotel again and have already told many friends, co-workers, and even a few acquaintances about this experience and this hotel! I can't stress enough how great of a "stay-cation" it was! I would recommend the Bentley to anyone wanting to stay in South Beach area and personally I can't wait for my next trip!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive feedback regarding your recent experience at the Bentley South Beach. We are truly delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back for some more fun in the sun in the near future. In the meantime, we remain at your service. Please email us at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com to book your next stay at a great rate.

Ignacio Luciano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
Roma
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So we came back this year too but stayed 4 weeks instead of the 3 we stayed last year. Asked for the same room as it was large, comfortable and had the cooking facilities for self catering that we needed (booked well in advance) . Going to the restaurant every day for a month is tiring. For privacy reasons I won't mention names but the hotel manager and his staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and feel at home. A sincere thanks to all. It was a great vacation. The beach facilities included in the "resort fee" are excellent and the roof top pool is a major plus. The location, is right in the middle of where the South Beach action is and if you get a ocean front apartment, it's really has an ocean view as there are no building between the hotel and the beach.
I understand it will be going through a redecorating process so I assume that it will only improve (hope they keep the cooking/self catering facilities to allow long stays). Looking forward to going back next year (cooking facilities permitting).
If I have to make a constructive criticism, some more attention could be put into house keeping but overall it was a great vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for the Ocean View rooms... Morning Coffee on the balcony in front of the ocean is fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding your recent stay at the Bentley South Beach. We take pride in ensuring our guests’ experience is seamless and are truly proud to have achieved this with you. We are delighted you have decided to make the Bentley your new home away home and look forward to assisting in create many more memorable visits on your next long stay with us.

Brooklyn
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is right on the strip of Ocean Drive, there is public parking on 7th Street for $20 and a Walgreens around the corner from the hotel. The lobby has two restaurants a TGIF and a local restaurant. I didn't go to either I had breakfast and dinner at a restaurant on 7th called Puerto Sagua, it was great value and great food.

The hotel lobby is on the second floor, they greet you warmly enough the owner or main man in charge interupted my check in and he is a bit too loud but that seems to be a Miami thing. I had a suite that has a large living room and kitchen, the unit is absolutely beautiful and has all the amenities you would need. The bed was plush and comfortable the bathroom spacious and clean, no mold. The living room had a sofa bed that would be the only negative to this stay. The mattress is way too thin and uncomfortable and the sofa pillow covers were warped at the zippers. They need to replace the sofa cushion covers. Don't get me wrong the sofa was also very plush, clean and comfortable.

The pool area is big enough for a hotel of this size and the deck area is spacious and has an absolutely amazing view of the beach and action below. I would definitely return with my husband and no kids next time.

Room Tip: This room is on the main floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CIJanet
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

A very nice botique hotel in Ocean Drive and 5th. Their front desk personnel Maria is very helpful, informative and accommodating. The room is very clean, chic, homey feeling. I had a studio suite with all the kitchen needs and amenities needed esp if you have children. Large fridge, microwave, and cooking stuff. The bedsheets are a top notch too.

I would return to this hotel again next time we're in South Beach

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding your recent stay. We take pride in ensuring our guests’ experience is seamless and are truly proud to have achieved this with you. Please email us at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com the next time you wish to visit us and we will book your next stay at our special rate.

Tustin, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

If you are planning a trip to South Beach then you MUST stay at the Bentley Hotel. This place is located on 5th and Ocean, perfect view of the water and in walking distance to all of the hot spots. The penthouse suites have a full kitchen and a very spacious terrace. Plus the staff is incredibly accommodating, especially Maria and Erving who made sure we were taken care of the entire trip. Two years in a row and we will absolutely be back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at the Bentley South Beach. I am excited to learn that you consider the Bentley to be one of your favorite hotels! I appreciated your gracious compliments regarding our team members helpful and accommodating service skills. We look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable experience!

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Erving and Maria made our vacation so great! All of us have decided to book our trip here agai next year. They are professional and friendly. I don't think I can remember an experience where I have been treated any better. My friends and I all agree it was the best experience we've ever had.

Room Tip: Stay away from the restaurant downstairs, Bellini. It's terrible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your feedback has made our day! I am thrilled to hear that our team was able to accommodate you and help you during your stay. I will share this comment with the entire Bentley staff specially with Maria and Erving. Our team members work very hard to ensure that our guests are satisfied and that their expectations are exceeded. We hope to see you again very soon! Please email us at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com to receive the a great rate for your next stay

Manchester
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband for 4 nights (Aug 13).

This hotel is the perfect place for a short stay in South Beach. It is perfectly placed across from the beach- 510 Ocean Drive- and lends itself perfectly to venturing out in the evening for food, drinks and people watching!

The room we stayed in was really clean, well presented and had all the necessaries (iron, hair dryer, mini-bar etc). It was serviced everyday.

My husband had read some complaints on Trip Advisor about the breakfast here, so when we rocked up on the first morning we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel offers a very sufficient and well laid out CONTINENTAL breakfast. Okay- so it doesn't offer an all singing, all dancing buffet of hot food. Instead it offers a much more sophisticated (and healthier) selection of yoghurts, cereal, fruit, bagels, pastries, muffins, juice and coffee. The hotel doesn't have a suitable stand alone dinig room either, so breakfast is presented
In the lobby and you eat outside on the balcony overlooking Ocean Drive and the beach. However, as a young couple with No children this was far from a problem and I actually found it far preferable to the cattle-market breakfasts that can sometimes be found in larger hotels. If you are completely desperate for a fry-up to start your day, you could always just head out to any of the huge selection of cafes on ocean Drive, 2mins away. In short- the breakfast should not put you off- it is lovely.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful, especially Maria on the front desk who was always willing to help.

This hotel has a deal with the Hilton further down Ocean drive- basically as a resident of Bentley you get to use the Hilton's beach club- two loungers and an umbrella for free. This really is great. It's about a 5-10 minute walk down the beach and the 'beach butlers' there really look after you. The loungers were the comfiest I have ever led on! We spent nearly everyday there.

TOP TIPS for staying in this hotel-

- always ask the front desk for advice if you are unsure. We didn't do this enough and ended up walking more than 5 miles in total each day to get to and from Lincoln Road (more bars and restaurants). I don't mind a good walk but ended up with blisters we had walked so far! On our last day we overheard the front desk telling some other guests (who had asked) about the 25 cent bus that will take you all the way there from outside the hotel!!

- when using the beach, wear a high factor sunscreen. Seriously- at least 10 higher than you were going to! Both my hubby and I tan well, but still managed to burn quite badly on day 1, despite swathes of sun cream. The sun in Miami is merciless!(and we have been to some pretty hot places including the Maldives).

OVERALL- this boutique hotel is perfect for a short stay, and particularly for couples. I don't think it would be as well suited to families with children or those who are looking for your usual huge resort with extensive facilities. We had a fab time and would return.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Leama1985
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your impression with everyone. I will be sure to pass the recognition on to Maria. We look forward to your next visit! Please email us at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com to reserve your next stay with us at a great rate.