New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Bentley Hotel South Beach

Bentley Hotel South Beach
Ranked #65 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, FL.
“Great place and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The checking end was not to smooth as we arrived at 12:45 on Sunday and where told to come back at 4pm. Well we did the South Beach thing until 3:45 that we where given a room. The Room that we where given was 214 facing 5 street otherwise very clean, large and nice. The staff was very nice and the location of the Hotel is very central to all south beach attractions. Only wish we would have stayed longer and that we had been given a room with a balcony.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear guest, we really appreciate your great comment regarding your stay at the Bentley South Beach. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your One Bedroom Suite. Please send us an email next time you visit South Beach and to receive the best available rate as well as the best suite.

Ignacio Luciano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

If you are going to visit Miami for the first time it would be very good choice. It is necessary to be here to understand if it is important for you personally to stay very close to the beach or not.
This hotel is the middle variant between two extreme variants: to stay in the hotel on the beach or to stay a few minutes away from the ocean.
Being in the hotel on the beach like Hilton Bentley or ritz you will be always on the beach. In some of Rooms you will have very good ocean view and you will have direct access to the privat part of the beach with free chairs and towels.
In the hotel a few minutes away from the beach you will have regular hotel experience with immediate access to the restaurants and cafe.

The Bentley hotel is something between. You are a few steps away from the beach but not on the first line. There is a road between the hotel and beach. It makes your stay cheaper. But at the same time you will have free access to the Bentley beach club near Hilton Bentley hotel. It is complimentary for the Bentley hotel guests.
In the hotel you will have complimentary breakfast. It is not reach. But you will be able to have reach breakfast in the Italian restaurant just near the hotel entrance with 25% discount.
The rooms in the hotel are very different. We were in the room #312. It is corner room on the 3 floor. Enough big and comfortable 2 room suite with kitchen. Our friends booked the same type of the room but got smaller than ours.
Service in the hotel was very good. If you are there with your car you will be able to accept valet parking service in front of the hotel entrance.
In general I like this place and advise you to visit it. A specially for the first visit of Miami Beach.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the Bentley South Beach. I am thrilled to hear that you found our friendly staff and inviting spaces accommodating and to your liking. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities as well as the breakfast and beach club. Our location in the heart of South Beach, the world famous Ocean Drive, right across the street from one of the best beaches in Miami Beach. At the Bentley , you are able to experience South Beach at the fullest. I will definitely share your comment with the entire hotel staff. Thank you once again, and please send us an email next time you visit Miami Beach.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Bentley hotel in South Beach and I must say one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel. I have stayed at this hotel and a few others on Ocean drive and would definitely come back. This time I stayed in Penthouse number two that had a large common area, huge balcony and large bedroom and bathroom. My girlfriend and I stayed in the room alone so the bathroom in the bedroom was not an issue. If you are planning to share the room that has a pull out sofa bed I would suggest the one bedroom where the bathroom is separate from the bedroom. Another great plus was the pool and Jacuzzi on the roof with a sun deck. My friends and I spent a few afternoons on the roof with a few drinks and a radio relaxing.
The room service was great!! When left in the morning to have the complimentary breakfast in the lobby and go to the beach and we came back to a clean room and balcony. They even left extra towels for us in the bathroom. I ordered room service the food was good but I must say stay away from the two for one gigantic drinks that are watered down and don’t taste good at all. I would rather get a regular sized drink that tastes good.
There was only one real negative about the hotel that I would have like to change was the beach chair and towel rental. The Bentley beach chair and umbrella rental is about 4 blocks away on 1st street. That side of the beach tends to be quiet and has more family groups with small children. If you want to do jet skies or any activities you need to walk all the way to 10th street. It would be nice to be able to use the beach chairs at other locations I would think some agreement between the vendors could be arranged as we opted to spend an extra $30 to rent chairs closer to the activities.

If you are looking for a hotel steps from the beach and great service look no further. This place is a 10 and I will definitely be back to the Bentley.

Room Tip: Penthouse 2 is facing Ocean Drive with a great view. There is no gym in the Bentley but Equinox wil...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, we truly appreciate the great comment you posted on Tripadvisor. I will definitely share this review with the entire hotel staff. We are also pleased to hear your enjoyed the pool / sun deck as well as our breakfast. Please send us an email next time you want to stay with us, we will give you the best available rate.

Argentina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Well... the hotel is pretty well located, and they offer access to a beach club (which you have to pay for $25 a day, not optional). Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable, big bathrooms. The common areas of the hotel are a little outdated. The staff was really friendly, specially a Colombian girl. I was staying just for the day, I arrived at 2 PM and the check in was at 4 PM (ridiculously late). Since I was leaving at 5 AM I told the girl I thought it was kind of unfair and she sympathized upgraded me to a nicer room and checked me in a bit earlier than supposed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear your liked the accommodations and were able to be upgraded to a nice room. The resort fee as it states our website and all major website it includes beach club with chairs and umbrella on the beach, continental breakfast as well as unlimited wifi. I hope you were able to enjoy all the benefits. Thank you once again for you comment, if you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

As I entered the room my mouth dropped open. It is so clean and beautiful inside. The staff is nice and very polite. Valet service is great, all you needed to do is call in advance because there is a 10-15min wait time. Not bad for $30 a day.. I can't say anything bad... Another pleased customer :)

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear guest, we are thrilled to read your great review. I will share it to the entire Bentley staff as well as the valet parking guys. We hope to have you at the Bentley South Beach in the near future. Do not forget to send us an email in order to get the best available rate bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I needed a week-long, affordable get-away at the beach with my 2 grown kids. The Bentley provided everything we could have wanted. I loved our one bedroom suite with a full kitchen-- equipped with a blender for the aspiring 'mixologist'. Our side balcony was shaded by palm trees and had a partial view of the beach where I enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee (from the breakfast buffet each morning). Great location. Really great staff. Access to beach lounge chairs & umbrellas (equipped with friendly 'beach butlers' to bring drinks and light lunch fare. Even the sofabed in the living room was comfy. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LT_222
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time and share your wonderful stay at the Bentley South Beach. As per your review I can tell you really enjoyed our amenities and service. I will certainly share this review with the entire Bentley Staff. We hope to have you staying with us in the near future.

Peabody, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Let me start off by saying this hotel is over priced. We waited outside for valet for 15 mins and no one came out. I went in and told them we would like to get our car valet. There are two men that worked the front desk that are not friendly and make you feel uncomfortable if you need to ask a question. pro: the beach access at the Bentley hilton is very nice. The beach butlers there were amazing. I would recommend staying at hilton bentley over here. Breakfast was very basic but better than paying. Also watch out for the girls that try to get you to eat at their restaurants on Ocean drive... they are very pushy and in your face...Pool is outdated

Room Tip: Room 204 you could hear people cleaning down in the restaurant Bellinis.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NURSE005
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay at the Bentley South Beach. We truly apologize that your stay was not the best experience. Due to the location of The Bentley on Ocean Drive,we encourage guests to request for their cars in advance to avoid waiting as a result of the high traffic area. We are currently remodeling our roof top as well as elevators. I am surprised to hear that our staff was unfriendly, as I can assure they are always willing to help our guests and give good recommendations for things to do in Miami Beach, however I take your comment very seriously and will look into the matter. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the beach club, one of our great amenities offered to all of our guests. Once again, please accept our apologies and we hope you give us another chance in the near future.