WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Bentley Hotel South Beach

Bentley Hotel South Beach
Ranked #65 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Annapolis, Maryland
“Boutique Hotel - No Way!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed 9-13th November.
The room and balcony we had overlooked a car lot which I have to say wasn't what I had imagined before hand but I guess location can't always be perfect!
The room itself was ok, well proportioned, clean but honestly there is nothing "boutique" about it and at over $300 per night then I would have expected the hotel to feel less tired. The furniture was battered and chipped and throughout the hotel there was a general feeling of decay with peeled paint chips on the flooring and really, really bad paintwork. Some of the corridor walls are covered with stained wood panelling which is coming off and really it looks like cheap chipboard. This is an unloved building and business that has seen better days. All I can say is the photos have been airbrushed!!
The breakfast area has 4 tables and feels less classy than it really is because the cups are paper and when there is a table there are dirty ashtrays on them. When we were there there were too many people so we had to go back to our room for breakfast.
The fridge in the room is a benefit but it is noisy (I think there is a freezer that recharges in the night and it is loud)
The curtains are nice but unlined so people can see in and you tend to rise with the sun!
The staff appear not to care, I got a phone call on Sunday morning at 6:45am from the guy on the front desk asking me if "this was the penthouse" It wasn't and he never thought to apologize for waking me up. At no point did anyone at the front desk raise a smile or say hello to you - you really had to go first to get a response and when we left we weren't asked if we enjoyed it - did they care when they were raking in the cash??

The one upside of the hotel is that it is on Ocean Drive and the Beach Club four blocks down gives a good service........This hotel is poor, poor, poor so I can only imagine the good reviews have been for people staying in a different room or on a different planet!

Room Tip: Dont sleep in 403 it faces a parking lot and is overlooked on 3 sides!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Response from Ignacio Luciano, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach
Dear Guest, thank you for your review. I apologize for any instances where you may have felt our service fell below your expectations. As for the maintenance and housekeeping issues in your room, these have been taken care now. We are currently renovating our apartments as well as common areas. I regret to hear about your feelings toward the breakfast service since we have positioned the area so guests can enjoy direct views of Ocean Drive and the beach while dining, but will surely consider some modifications based on your feedback. Once again I apologize and we hope that you will give us another opportunity and in order to have the best available rate, please contact us at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Osprey, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

While the location of this hotel is good if you want to be in the thick of the South Beach strip, the room was rather shabby. And we had to walk half a mile to the hotel's beach club. But the part of our stay happened long after we got home. We discovered a surprise charge on our credit card - $38. When we questioned the hotel, they told us it was because we had stolen an ice bucket! I couldn't honestly tell you if there had ever been an ice bucket in the room because we never use an ice bucket during a hotel stay. When we tried to dispute the charge, the hotel hung up on us! Suffice it to say we'll never stay at the Bentley again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LOMOYO
Dear Guest, thank you for your recent visit. We are sorry we fell short of your expectations. Our property is conveniently located on 5th Street and Ocean Drive, with direct beach access just across the street. I know that the charge that was put on your card has been taken care of, and I apologize on behalf of the staff for any convenience this may have caused. We hope that you will give us another opportunity and in order to have the best available rate, please contact me directly at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com
Porvoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hotel seemed raggish from the outside but the room was great. Really big with bedroom and living room. Also included full equipment kitchen (Room #218)
Room was really noisy 'cause of the traffic. Almost felt like there was no windows at all. Didn't keep us awake the whole night anyways.

Location is right next to beach which was excellent. They have a resort 4 blocks away where you'll get towels, chairs and umbrella. We didn't go there tho. Hotel's sundeck & pool was enough for us. Highly recommend. There's a liquor store right around the corner to pick up some refreshments and just hang out by the pool ;)

Breakfast was great. Not much but it worked for us. There's only few tables outside to actually enjoy it but in my opinion that was good. Or you can take 'em to your room of course.

For this price I'd definitely choose this hotel if I'm into Miami Beach. And that's a different story.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms opening to street if you can. Because of the noise.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Bentley South Beach. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a good time. Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we hope to see you in the future. Please visit secret-rates.com in order to get the best rate for your future stay.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a lucky choice in finding the Bentley in South Beach, Miami. Not only did I talk to three couples who have been returning every year for 10 years, but the accommodations were everything they stated. The room was beautiful, well maintained, and probably the most spacious accommodations we visited in Florida. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and informative. The pool was clean and had wonderful views of the ocean and downtown Miami in the distance. This was a gem in our vacation and we, like others, will be returning to the Bentley in February.
The location is within walking distance to numerous upscale restaurants and the nightlife is plentiful. One benefit to the Bentley is it was fairly quiet at night and we had not difficulty sleeping.

Room Tip: Inside if you don't want any street noise or music. Outside room if you desire an ocean view and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank coloradoklm
We are thrilled to hear about your fabulous stay at the Bentley South Beach! and allowing us to provide you our excellent service and great location in South Beach. I will share your comments with the entire staff. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please secret-rates.com in order to get the best rate for your next stay.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bentley from 10/29-11/3. First time to South Beach, choosing The Bentley was the right choice!! Amazing location, right on Ocean Dr., staff was very friendly, room was wonderful, couldn't have asked for anything better. We will return to South Beach and The Bentley!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We are thrilled to hear about your fabulous stay at the Bentley South Beach! and allowing us to provide you our excellent service and great location in South Beach. I will share your comments with the entire staff. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please write us an email at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com in order to get the best rate for your next stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Travelled to Miami with my cousin for the Color Run and stayed at the Bentley. Ideal location right on Ocean Dr. Close to shopping, nightlife, great restaurants and, of course, the beach! Rooftop deck and pool were lovely too. Staff was friendly and Julian (and the rest of the staff) at the front desk was very helpful.
Will return if I ever find myself in Miami again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Response from Ignacio Luciano, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach
we are thrilled to hear about your fabulous stay at the Bentley South Beach! Thank you for choosing the Bentley, and allowing us to provide you our excellent service and great location in South Beach. We are so happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our rooftop pool. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please write us an email at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com in order to get the best rate for your next stay.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

OCTOBER 5,2012...My first stay at the Bentley Hotel. When I first got there I thought I wouldn't like it, however when i got to the room I changed my mind. Room was inviting and clean, the staff was limited however they were able to do the jobs of many. I stayed in one of the room with an inside balcony and some of my friends were in the penthouse. Next time I will book the penthouse. Next time I am in South Beach the Bentley will be my choice.

Room Tip: Get the Penthouse if you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Response from Ignacio Luciano, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach
Thank you so much for such a great review of your stay at the Bentley South Beach. I am glad that you found your suite accommodating and to your liking. Our beachfront property is known for being in a prime location where you can enjoy all that Miami Beach has to offer, but be in a relaxing environment as well. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please write us an email at bentleyreservations@meninhotels.com in order to get the best rate for your next stay.