“Nice Stay”
Review of Richmond Hotel

Richmond Hotel
Ranked #123 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Richmond and we enjoyed it. It was so close to everything and it was a fantastic price. The employees there were very nice. As other reviewers said, the walls were paper thin and you could hear everything your neighbor was saying. It didn't matter to us, we were out all night enjoying our vacation and literally slept when we needed to. The hotel is very clean. I check things like that since i am in property management and work at a high-rise. It has a nice pool and beach access. I would stay here again.

1  Thank Natalie V
RichmondManager, Front Office Manager at Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for great review. We hope to see you again very soon.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Richmond Hotel

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at The Richmond, and the experience was awesome! This quaint personable hotel nestled in the middle of S. Beach is a wonder. Great staff, clean rooms, great service and very elegant. Our concierge Mariano was fabulous. He really knows how to make a guest feel at home.

We were only a few minutes’ walk from Lincoln Plaza, a host of shops and restaurants and all the activities S. Beach offers. This hotel sits on the beach and is gated for security. Beautiful ambiance and décor and is affordably priced.

However, the walls are thin and the elevators are a bit small, we used the stairs the majority of our stay. The bed was a bit hard for my taste, however my husband loved it. My overall opinion of the hotel is EXCELLENT. I don't think I could have gotten a better deal with all the amenities, great service, and ambience in the thick of S. Beach Miami. So; Great Location - Great Price - Great Service - Great ambience. When vacationing in S. Beach we will always stay at The Richmond.

Mr. & Mrs. Hart

Room Tip: The also have apartment suites, because of the thin walls one of these rooms may suite you best.

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your great review. We are proud to be you home away from in Miami Beach.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed here for a night before going on a cruise. And were so glad it was only one night. The front desk employees were friendly, but not very accommodating. After squeezing into their tiny, and I mean tiny, elevator we were overly anxious to see what type of room South Beach had to offer. It faced the street, but we could hardly even get the windows open to see out. We got them about 1/3 open before they stuck tight. The room itself was just ok, it wasn't the cleanest (dust on tv, chipped paint, damp carpet etc.). But it was the bathroom that really put me off. The shower curtain was really gross, there was still hair in the bathtub, and it did not appear to have been scrubbed down since the last few guests.

A call to the front desk proved disappointing. They said there were no comparable rooms that we could switch to. There wasn't even an offer to send someone up. Our next move was to just spend as little time there as possible, and just keep thinking "it's only one night here, it's only one night".

The location is great. You can walk to all the nightclubs, restaurants, and the beach which can't be beat. There was also a nice roof top sitting area- but it doesn't face the ocean. It's also surrounded by suites, which makes the area open and not private at all.

Overall, I found the art deco theme to be a cover-up for the lack of updates and cleanliness of the hotel. Did I mention the tiny elevator? If you suffer from claustrophobia you're going to be taking the stairs. I would not stay here again. In fact, I would probably avoid South Beach unless I was ready to spend $400+ a night for a semi-decent hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pure_Cyn

Dear guest,
It sounds like you had a less than enjoyable experience, and we apologize for the inconveniences. Our hotel offers 2 separate, 4 person elevators. They can easily accommodate 4 people and their luggage. Our windows are designed to open partially for security purposes. I will inform our housekeeping department about bathroom issues you experienced. The solarium deck on the fifth floor accommodates only 2 suites. That's a far cry form being completely surrounded. It offers a very private setting. We pride ourselves on offering the classic Art Deco experience form a time long ago

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Its a great location however it filthy. If you are used to a four or five star hotel this is not the place to stay. The room had roaches and the carpet was sticky and nasty. This was suppose to be a special occassion for my husband and I. Now they dont want to refund my money due to false advertisment. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Outside looks real nice however that look is decieving. This was the mose horrible experience ever.

2  Thank K G

Dear guest,
I'm sorry you left the hotel with such a negative experience. We are an excellent 3.5 star resort hotel. Our housekeeping department clean the rooms on a daily basis, and a housekeeping supervisor make a final inspection to ensure everything is perfect. I'm very surprised that any room was left with a nasty or sticky carpet. I am very concerned about false advertisement accusation? We have been in business since 1941, and we haven't done so with bad business ethics. I would very much like to further discuss this issue in detail. Please feel free to contact me via my email.
ismael@richmondhotel.com

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel is worth a look. It is on Collins not to far from Lincoln and Ocean drive. On the ocean with a very nice pool. Although it is an older Art Deco Style hotel it is in nice shape. Looks well taken care of. Rooms are small but clean, staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast and lunch are available at the small restaurant near the pool where you can get a lovely beverage as well. Access to the ocean from the gate at the back of the pool area is a plus. This is our second time here. We enjoyed our stay in January and although I thought I would try a different hotel this time, after searching by price and location, The Richmond was a a deal.

Room Tip: We booked a Oceanside room and had a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynda M M
RichmondManager, Front Office Manager at Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear guest,
It's always good to hear from our valued repeat guest's. We are happy you had another good experience. Please consider yourself part of the Richmond family.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the end of July in Richmond Hotel, Miami Beach. We were able to check in already at 1 pm, giving us time to explore the neighborhood and have lunch. It was ideally located by the ocean, and close to restaurants and entertainment. The hotel staff was very friendly, and well trained. Our hotel room was clean and quiet, facing the ocean and the pool area. The only minus was the small bed. We had an enjoyable experience at the hotel, and can warmly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean were quiet, and had nice views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna-Lisa J

Dear guest,
Thank you for your great review. It sounds like you both had a good experience, and that what's it really about. Due to the dimensions of the room, we feel a queen size bed is the best choice.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Perhaps not the swankiest hotel in South Beach but we got a great rate and the location is fantastic!
The hotel is located next to the SLS hotel and literally next to the ocean and walking distance to Ocean Drive by the way the hotel actually has direct beach access!
Rooms are small and so are the bathrooms but again nice enough to make your stay a comfortable one. Beds are comfy also.
My only complain would be the weird smell of humidity around the premises but it is supposed to be one of the oldest hotels in the area lol.
The pool area is nothing fancy yet super comfortable and chill and again it is awesome that u get beach access.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are an older property, but we are constantly upgrading, and maintaining the hotel. I have not noticed the strange smell of humidity, on my daily tour of the property. I will definitely bring this to the the attention of the Housekeeping Director.