Richmond Hotel
Kimpton
$517
$362
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$249
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$262
$248
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$179
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
1,408 results
All reviewspool areasouth beachart decolincoln roadpool and hot tubdirect access to the beachocean drivewalls are thinan older hotelrooms are smallbeautiful poolbeach chairstwo blocksvalet parkinggustavocollinsretro
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Our second stay at the Richmond, the staff is wonderful and the hotel has all the charm of the Art Deco period. Rooms are clean and up to date, if you're looking for a place to relax this is it. The pool area is superb and only steps away from the beach. Its close to the shopping and dinning areas but without the noise. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the upper floors in back with views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
RichmondManager, Front Office Manager at Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for most excellent review. It's always to good to hear from repeat guest's. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

re: Richmond Studios South Beach, Miami Beach, FL

I arrived in Miami at my hotel, with no problems (other than not having a room ready at check in). We went out to eat and about 2 hours later I received a call from my bank alerting me to a fraudulent charge of $200. We had no idea who it could be (a Wallace corporation), but my only thought was possibly an issue with my hotel. After dinner we returned to the hotel, after testing my credit card at a small store - to find it was canceled due to the fraudulent charge.

I asked the desk clerk if they happened to accidentally charge my card instead of the card on file for the room. He laughed about it and just said it's just a hold, not a charge. I explained that there was an actual charge placed against my account, and that my bank had flagged it. He continued to laugh about it, even though I mentioned that my account was frozen due to the fraudulent charge.

The worst part was that I specifically asked him if they were planning on charging anything to my card. He said no, it was just for incidentals and would not be used unless we used something in the room, or something like that. Not a problem, that is normal.

The worst part is that he continued to laugh about it, refusing to assist. I had him call his manager, who acted like he could not care in the least. He refused to tell me who his boss is, refused to give me his name, and just said that if we didn't like it we could just check out.

The good part... My account is frozen; so, they have no card on file that can be charged.
The bad part... My account is frozen; so, we do not have any access to extra money. This is the worst hotel stay I have ever had, and we have not even stayed the night yet.

--Charles Bastian

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank CharlesBastian

Dear guest,
I apologize for the trouble you had during your stay. It sounds to me like, there was a communication problem. It is standard operating procedure, for almost every major hotel, to place a hold on a credit card upon check in. This is to cover any extra charges like food, drinks, parking, internet, spa, tours, damage to the room and etc...While the majority of hotel guest's will pay for what ever services they use, there is always a small handful of people that would try and get around paying. This is why hotel's protect themselves with a hold on a credit card. All of our front desk staff is very courteous, and professional. I doubt they would laugh, and treat you with a lack of respect. It is a mandatory hotel policy to place a hold on a credit card. Check in is not possible, without the hold.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Looks they only want to earn money and within several years to demolish the hotel and sale the lot. Old furniture like from flea market, extremely noisy air-condition, windows cleaned before WW2 last time. Cleaning lady doesn’t use any cleaners either Hoover, on the floor remain her hairs and after this “service” the room was full of smell of perspiration.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ivab7

Dear guest,
I apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay. We are one of the last Classic Art Deco hotels, left on the beach. We were established in 1941, and have no intention on closing any time soon. We strive to maintain the ambiance of a classic time long ago. We are not a brand new major chain hotel, and that is not the experience we offer to our guest's. We have an excellent housekeeping staff, that works tirelessly to keep the hotel in excellent shape.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was my second Miami trip, last year for Miami carnival in October. My best friend and I stayed at the Richmond (my boyfriend and I stayed at The Catalina last June-right across from the Richmond. The Richmond has a great pool at the back of the hotel and there is a path right to the beach since it's on Collins a block away from the beach. For some reason there are no rooms for more than 2 people. That's what I was told. The hotel is clean and the rooms are not bad. We were facing the street and we could barely see anything due to the big bamboo trees right next to our window. There is also a little restaurant downstairs but we did not get to eat there. I really loved the pool and lounge area with easy access to the beach. I would recommend the Richmond and would stay again. You get what u pay for.. If you're looking for extras pay extra :)

Room Tip: Try to get the ocean view room. I don't think there's too many of them but it would definitely be a plus.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EdmaM

Dear guest,
Thank you for your great review. We are an older hotel, designed in a Classic Art Deco style. The rooms are not designed for more than 2 people per room. We do offer Suites, that can accommodate a larger group. You are absolutely right, you get what you pay for. We offer a great resort experience, at a modest family oriented price.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good hotel for the money and location. Though, please install wireless internet on the whole hotel instead of a room that you sit in. We also stayed on the hotel next door (south seas) and they have wireless for free on the whole hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stiib

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time post you review. Our wireless internet is provided through a private company, for a charge of $10 dollars for a 24 hour period. While other hotel do offer free wireless, there is usually a resort fee or other hidden fee. The Richmond Hotel has no hidden fees.