“Good location, but worn around the edges”
Review of South Seas Hotel

Ranked #109 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was a great location for a last minute booking for Miami Fashion Week. The complimentary breakfast and free wifi came in handy. Yes, the rooms are older and look worn, but the bed was in good shape. The staff varies greatly. Some are very friendly and helpful, some just seem clueless, (for example, one just switched to speaking Spanish to me mid-conversation...like what?)

The cleaning staff on the first day was great, fresh towels and soaps, etc. Third day, took away towels and didn't replace them, so my husband and I were left with only ONE between the two of us? We had ordered champagne to the room. Two days after the bottle was empty and glasses stacked in the bucket, the staff never bothered to clear it away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to know that our complimentary breakfast and WiFi were convenient for you. On the other hand, I was sorry to learn about the incident you experienced. We always take our guest comments very seriously and strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I will definitely discuss your points with our team. I assure you that we will work diligently to rectify all your concerns.

I hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Hotel was great. Great location!!!
Very friendly staff who in fact upgraded our room without us asking!!!
Good lunch by the pool, nice and clean rooms.
Breakfast was complimentary - which was great ,but -this was the only thing that we were disappointed of- there was no cheese or ham, just bread, jam and fruit.
Anyhow, We will certainly be back and will recommend this hotel to all out friends!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Eva:

Wow 5 stars rating !!! Thank you very much for all your comments. I appreciate that you highlighted our great location and our friendly staff. I will make sure to share your kind words with our entire team.

We look forward to serving you and your friends in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wanted to express my thanks to wonderful front desk folks-- Marcia and Robert. They were extremely helpful, courteous and accommodating. Overall - great place. Yes, smaller bathrooms, and/ or not enough room for your toiletries, etc....so what? The place was built in 1941! You are on a beautiful beach a few steps away. Loved the complimentary extras that this hotel had to offer-- free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, free newspapers in the morning, free beach towels and chaise lounges. Perfect location in the middle of all the action. Great value for your money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the South Seas Hotel for your recent stay in Miami Beach. I sincerely appreciate your high praises, specially your 5 stars rating to the value and service you received from us.

Thank you for acknowledging Robert and Marcia. They are always finding creative ways to accommodate any guest requests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had one night at this hotel on our way to Key West.
First of all, the location of this hotel is great. You are in the middle of South Beach, just a couple of blocks from everything. To get to the beach you just walk trough the garden and pool area and then you are on the beach.
The rooms at this hotel are pretty small, but for one night it was ok for us, family of four.
The hotel is in need of a refurbishing, as paint are flaking some parts in our room and the general standard indicates a need for some refurbishing. But nothing serious, so we had no problems with it, it´s only aestethic. Our kid lost a toy behind the bed, and we found out that the cleaners had forgotten to check behind and under the bed for quite a while... Except for that the cleanliness at the hotel was good.
You will get free breakfast at the hotel. It is a small buffet, but hey, it´s for free so I find it good.
The best part at this hotel is the staff. They are maybe the best staff at any hotel we visited, at least this vacation. They are extremely helpful and nice, always with a smile and a cheer. Super super friendly.
I told the doorman this when we left, and I really meant it. Two BIG tumbs up for the staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EndreRudi
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the South Seas Hotel. It was great to know that our Housekeeping team was able to find your kid's toy. I was glad to know that you enjoyed our location and that our complimentary breakfast was good for you.

I sincerely appreciate your praises to the service provided by our staff. I was deeply moved by your words: "They are maybe the best staff at any hotel we visited, at least this vacation... Super super friendly."

Please feel free to contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Miami Beach.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have arrived to the hotel and we have realised one of our baggages has been lost.
Robert Reyes and his collegue, Marcia at desk reception of the Hotel helped me a lot to get it back. The day after a new collegue, a lady from desk reception was helpful again, phoned a lot. After lot of phone calls the baggage has arrived, delivered by the airport service. I would like to mention Ms. Sue Fox from the airport who was extremely helpful also.
Thanks everybody!
AWSOME SERVICE IN TROUBLE and this is very important.
BY THE WAY THE HOTEL IS FANTASTIC ANYWAY :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your words! I am truly humbled by your amazing praises and I was thrilled to share your comments with the rest of our team. I personally congratulated Marcia and Robert for delivering an awesome service. They really appreciated your kind words.

Should you need any further assistance during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact myself or any of our Reception Staff.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at South Seas, Miami Beach. Breakfast is served next to the pool and it is ok. Hotel staff is very kind and polite and cleaning is very good
The reception was extremely helpful and flexible when we had to change our reservation.
I highly recommend this hotel if you want to explore Miami Beach as it is within easy reach of both the beach, the Art Deco area and Lincoln Mall. Busses for downtown Miami stop right outside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your generous review! I really appreciate your 5 stars rating to our service and cleanliness. I was pleased to know that our location made it easier for you to "explore Miami Beach." Those are some of the best features mentioned by our previous guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Currently staying at this old hotel, room was very dated. Got stuck in the bathroom because door doesn't close right. My boyfriend stepped on a bobby pin that was stuck in the carpet. No refrigerator. No pool towels told to come back in an hour. The pool had a nasty film floating ontop and some weave floating in the middle.
Wish we could have gotten a refund!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I wish we were made aware of your concerns directly, as we could have done everything within our hands to address any situation to your satisfaction. I sent you a message to your profile on TripAdvisor but have not heard from you yet.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence and please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this further.

Respectfully,