“A few of the art deco small hotels left in S Beach”
Review of South Seas Hotel

Ranked #105 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A few of the art deco small hotels left in S Beach”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. We would like to return.
Overall, the staff is professional and polite. We would specially like to mention Ms. Lorena and Mr. Rudy at the front desk.
The location is awesome, right on the beach, the hotel is clean and comfortable, although the rooms need some upgrades. Our room had some problems upon our arrival, and thanks to Mr. Reinier Cortes, Guest Manager, on the following day, the issue was solved and we got an upgrade.The room was beautiful and had a priceless view.
We appreciate very much his effort in making our stay so pleasant and happy!!! Once again, thank you!
We highly recommend South Seas to the people who would like to have a peaceful and restful stay in South Beach, Miami.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ana F
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the South Seas Hotel. I appreciate that you acknowledged the efforts made by our team to make your stay more enjoyable.

I was delighted to share your comments with Rudy and Lorena. They were very grateful for your comments.

Please feel free to contact me directly prior to your return. We look forward to seeing you soon!

With warmest regards,

South Seas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Reviewed June 17, 2013

So I went here this weekend as a mini vacation for my 22nd birthday and had an amazing time. The location was great! Other people's bad reviews don't do this hotel justice. This hotel is great. Walking distance from everything and many options to wine, dine and have a great time. I loved the fact that it was also a beachfront property. Pool area was beautiful. The lobby is well decorated and the staff was very friendly. The rooms are small and basic but my boyfriend and I were not there to stay in the room all day. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. The bathroom was small but not unbearable like many people say. It was good enough for me. Hotel was also quiet which was great because you dont have to deal with drunk loud people when you are coming back in at 3am. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for beach, pool, quiet and location! All in one and for a good price. I will be back again!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Nefe611
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Happy belated birthday!!! On behalf of our entire team at the South Seas Hotel, I would like to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us. I sincerely appreciate all your comments about your recent stay.

Thank you for acknowledging our housekeeping efforts to maintain high standards of cleanliness. I am glad you enjoyed our location, pool area and direct access to the beach.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon... hopefully before your 23rd birthday.

Warm regards,

Rhode Island
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Although the rooms left a lot to be desired (small and old) the location was awesome and the pool area with hammocks and easy beach access made it a wonderful stay! Continental breakfast was plentiful and included. This hotel has a nice, relaxing vibe amongst other raucous properties nearby.

• Stayed June 2013
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am sorry our room fell short on your expectations. We are currently in the process of upgrading some of the room amenities.

I sincerely appreciate that you acknowledged our location, pool area and direct beach access and I am glad they contributed to having a great stay. I was also pleased to know that our complimentary breakfast was plentiful for you.

We hope to serve you again in the near future. Please contact me directly so that I can make special arrangements for you on your next visit.

Respectfully,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Two nights, two rooms, one for 2 x teens, one for 2 x adults. Very well located hotel with what are probably very reasonable rates given the excellent location. This is not a five star hotel and does not pretend to be. I believe the pool-bar has a very good reputation but this was a slightly spoiled by rather high prices and a bar-girl more interested in being chatted up by the visitor from New York than dealing with fresh customers. A pretty good breakfast was included in our nightly price. The pool was lovely, warm and clean with direct access to the beach at the end of the pool/garden area. Car parking was US$29 per night (valet parking only) with an additional US$10 for a late-checkout. One could probably have parked in a multi-story just a couple of minutes down the road for a lot less if one were trying to get by on a budget. We weren't expecting anything fancy and we weren't let down. Robert on the front desk was particularly helpful in organising our booking for a bus/boat tour.

I would have no problem checking into this hotel again.

Unfortunately I don't know the name of the bus/boat tour but we found it very enjoyable and informative and would definitely recommend it for anyone visiting Miami for the first time as it gives you a good "grounding" and points out a number of cheaper ways to get around the city as well as many other sites that one might like to return to if staying on for a few days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Ciaran:

Thank you for choosing the South Seas Hotel for your recent stay in Miami Beach. I appreciate all the details you mentioned about your experience. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our pool area with direct access to the beach.

I shared your comments with Robert, our front desk agent, and he was very happy to know about your experience with the tour. Your words helped him build on his strengths and he is eager to make additional recommendations to future guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the positive reviews on here but I regret that I didn't look further into the reviews before making a reservation. Most of the excellent reviews are written by reviewers with only ONE review. I just wish I had read the reviews with multiple reviews as those seem to match the experience I had at South Seas Miami.

Pros: Good location...sorry that's the only pro I can give.

Cons: Everything else...

Small, outdated rooms/bathrooms
Elevator looks like it's from Tower of Terror ride
Room wasn't ready by 3pm
Pool was dirty
Front desk staff were rude and unaccommodating

Need I say more?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

First and foremost, I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I appreciate that you shared your concerns with us. We are always eager to hear what our guests liked from our hotel and how we can improve.

Tripadvisor is one of the world’s largest travel sites and it gathers all kind of traveling experiences, where readers may learn from the most frequent travelers to maybe those that might not travel as much. Regardless of travel frequency, we are always grateful for the time taken by previous guests to share their experiences.

I will review your concerns with our team and would welcome an opportunity to speak with you directly.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Best crew at South Seas Irwin, Miguel, Laura. ... just to name a few. They are ALWAYS so hospitable.

When in Miami, I only stay at South Seas. .. have gone to Miami several times a year for ~8 yrs

The iguanas, which are a new issue in south Florida are scary to me. But that's not the hotels fault. They are everywhere.

The only other issue, for me, is the lack of eggs as part of the continental breakfast.

I go back again tomorrow and can't wait.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Anahid K.:

Welcome back !!! On behalf of our entire staff at the South Seas Hotel, I would like to personally thank your for your loyalty. We are pleased to know that you continue enjoying your stay with us.

I look forward to greeting you in person during your stay.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I don't recommend Miami as place to have vacation unless you are over 70 its katooony and city for old people
But if you want to visit then you should go to this hotel
The place is very nice an clean the staff is super friendly you can ask them anything they like a tour guide give you all the activity you can do in miami its have a nice free internet
If you visit you should ask for Roberto he know every nice night club ,restaurant in the area
The place have a nice bool u can try and have fun

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Honest S
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for selecting the South Seas Hotel for your recent stay in Miami Beach. I appreciate you acknowledged the efforts made by Robert, our front desk agent, for pointing out the right places for you to visit.

We hope to have you staying with us next time you are visiting Miami Beach.

Best regards,