“Affordable nice hotel,great location”

Crystal Beach Suites Hotel
Ranked #146 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We just came back from our vacation in Miami.I booked the hotel on their direct website and I've got a great deal!We were little worried because of the bad reviews, but we loved our stay at the hotel.What not to like?! It is located on the beach and just 4 miles from South Beach-away from all the noise and yet close enough to go shopping or for a walk.They don't make you use the valet parking for $20.00 a day(like most of the hotels in Miami). They give you 3 options and one of them is the public parking -2 minutes away - for $6.50 a day.You can not beat that!The staff was very helpful.The hotel was clean ,and so our suite.They have a pool right next to the beach and a boardwalk between them.Even there is a fitness center in the hotel.There are stores and restaurants close by.Overall great location and excellent value!After all, you can not expect 5 star hotel when you are paying for 2 1/2 stars!I am happy I didn't book any of those fancy little hotels in South Beach-when we drove by they looked like nobody had use them for years.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Crystal Beach Suites Hotel

Reviewed June 14, 2010

I was a little worried about staying here after reading some of the negative comments posted, but found the place to be very good generally, yeah the rooms are small, but there's everything you need. The pool area was good and the excellent beach is on the doorstep. If you dont want to pay the $20 valet parking, there's a municipal car park on 72nd street (2 mins walk) which is $6.50 per day and the tickets can be purchased from the hotel reception. Public transport to South beach is $2 each way and the helpful reception staff will assist with the bus stop locations. There are some nice bars and restaurants near by on Collins Ave. but avoid the Campo Argentina steak house, the food was awful and the service even worse, we complained about the included 18% gratuity and the owner called the Police, thankfully they saw our side of things and we didn't pay for this. Check out Normans bar and grill further down the street past Publix supermarket.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

While I did not expect a 5 star hotel for the price, I did expect it to be clean. Our family stayed one night, two suites. The carpeting was wet in one of our rooms. Our blanket was so old the polyester in it was sticky. Any Motel 6 is better than this hotel. While the AC units work, they are noisy. Paul at the front desk was rude. The breakfast offered is merely two types of cereal and toast with juice or milk. Not kid friendly cereal. I travel on business some 70 nights a year, I have never once written a bad review. This place is disgusting, pay more and find another hotel. I did send an email to the Hotel Manager and it has been a week, without a reply.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2010

first thing the check in time is at 4 pm i dont know why,they charge $20.00 per day for valet parking which i think is to much,the first day i check in with my wife,i find the staff not friendly,after we went to our room engineering guy try to open the door without knocking the door,i had the safety chain on,when asked he wanted to check the safe.first night around 2 in the morning security again try to open the door,my wife wake me up to check,when i check on that he was with another 2 people trying to give them access,the frontdesk call and said the room was suppose to be vaccant i dont know why he ask me at 2 in the morning,in morning when i check it was there misscommunication,at the end i paid $40 for valet parking for 2 days.they also keep $200 as security deposit which i have never seen anywere.the looby lift is out of order guest has to use service lift.my advise to all visitors is not to stay in this hotel down the street there r good hotles,

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I did this reservation via expedia.com and this was the worse ever. The reservation was paid in advance hoever the hotel has a mandatory 200 usd hold. I was told that i would get in when I checked out. NOT THE CASE!!! I AM STILL AWAITING THOUGH THEY HAVE ALREAdy taken the parking out OF IT. The room and furniture looks like out of the 1950s/60s. I pointed out the chairs had were supposed to be painted white but the raw wood was showing. Supposed to have free wifi in the lobby??? was not working and they said I could have it if I paid 5.99 or 10.99 for 24 hours. the surprise to me was that behind the 2 nightstands of the bedroom was wads of lintballs and empty candy wrappers , cookie wrappers, plastic and trash left from other guests of the room. MEANING THEY HAD NOT TAKEN THE TIME TO CLEAN AT ALL FROM EACH GUESTS THE FUSS OF THE LINT BALLS WAS ON THE BASEBOARDS CARPET BEHIND THE 2 NIGHTSTANDS!!!??? THEY WERE NOT FROM ME BECAUSE I DO NOT EAT THAT= NASTY. i am not making any of this- - saw this the last night I was there when I was searching for my wool socks; if found earlier -I would have hit the road. My friend said I should have taken video pictures of this. I came in and heard this loud noise in the bathroom. they sent up maintenance and it was found the toilet sounding like a fire alarm...Awful Awful

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2010

A friend and I went to Miami for a med school seminar and wanted a cheap place to stay. This place was really cheap (booked through Expedia w/ flight & 3 nights for $450/person). The hotel is WAY outdated and in need of some repairs. The paint and carpet were old and stained.

It did have a mini fridge, sink, stove, microwave and dishwasher. All plates, glasses, pots and pans were also provided.

The pool and hot tub were outside and really old and not well maintained.

Parking was a nightmare. It was $20 a day for valet or we had to find street parking and pay the meters and move the car after 6 hours to avoid getting ticketed.

The location was great! Just a few minute drive from South Beach and located right on the water. We had a private access to the beach.

If you're not going to spend much time in your room, which we didn't, and have a limited budget then you might consider staying here. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The hotel is very hard to find its on a side street with no name on the front. The free breakfast is horrible the beds are very hard feels like you're sleeping on the boxspring with no mattress the TV reception is the worse my husband had to try and fix it for us just to see the news. Everything in the room was old they only had one slow elevater and there was no parking so if you gonna rent a car think about it frist .The location of the hotel is excellent it is right on the beach and the staff was very friendly and there are resturants close by and the fitness center was great

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple