All reviews separate bedroom front desk supervisor public parking room was spotless free trolley collins avenue fitness center coffee maker housekeeping staff enjoyed my stay two blocks nice pool ocean view guillermo dishwasher kitchenette supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

This hotel had lots of space. Great price. The location is not near south beach, but on the beach. I enjoyed my stay, and highly recommend this hotel. Rooms were clean, nice people, and near restaurants.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Thank you so much for your very nice and kind review. We agree with you that our price and our location can't be beat. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

I always choose this hotel when I travel for business in Miami Beach. The location is excellent, close to many restaurants and is only 20 minutes to the Miami airport. I highly recommend this hotel, particularly when people like Claudio Macchiavello who is the Guest Service Representative is working there. He is the best! Great staff all around

Room tip: Better internet
Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Thanks very much for your fantastic recommendation of our hotel and for your nice words about Claudio at the front desk. Many guests speak very highly of Claudio. Thanks for all of your business over the years and we hope to keep seeing you again in the near future. We have worked hard to improve every aspect of our hotel and is appears that our strategy is working.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was disappointing. Not at all what I was expecting. The room was not nice at all. It was very old and run down. It wasn’t the cleanest either. The beach was nice but there was a lot of seaweed. There were stores around within walking distance. I, personally would not stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Sorry to hear about your experience. We do have fully renovated and modern king suites on the 4th floor and they are only a few dollars more per night if you book direct on our hotel website. We also have ocean view and ocean front suites on all floors. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

This hotel was amazing to stay at if you’re on a budget. The staff was great, the hotel room was clean, and the beach was right by the hotel. The pool is on the smaller side but it was still nice and clean. The temperature of the water was great. I loved the location. It was in walking distance to the Publix (a grocery store) and many vacation boutiques and places to eat. I didn’t rent a car for the 5 days I was there because I either walked or used Lyft for the places that weren’t in walking distance. Some things I would improve on: make the outside beach chairs and umbrellas free to guests of the hotel. I would also offer military, police, firefighter and first responders discount. I think I would offer this to more people since I am in the military myself. Military discount could offer many people from other places to come to this location. I would also try and get some bigger toiletries holder for the shower. I could only fit one small item on the holder and then the rest would be on the floor. This hotel doesn’t offer breakfast, but I do recommend buying some groceries from Publix and making yourself some in the suite (they have pots, pans, etc for use in suite).

All in all, I’d recommend, and I’d recommend even more if the changes I mentioned were implemented!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Thanks so very much for your amazingly wonderful review. We agree with you that our guests can have an amazing stay if they are on a budget as we are the best deal and have one of the best locations on the ocean on all of Miami Beach. I have shared your review with my team. We have also noted your feedback and we will see what we can do to incorporate your positive suggestions. Thanks also for the nice words about our hotel staff. They really are the best hotel staff on all of Miami Beach.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

The room had a cozy feel to it when I first entered it. It was retro vibes with the pink counter tops. It was different from what the listing had showed on the website. It was advertised as more modern look without the retro vibe. The furniture was incredibly uncomfortable. The couch in the living room area was loud. I could not breathe without it making some sort of noise. The bed and pillows were really uncomfortable too. On the flip side, the full kitchen was a nice feature to the room. It came complete with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, sink, silverware and plates, cups, and a coffee pot.

For those who like to have their room feel like an ice box in Miami's heat, this hotel does not allow it. The lowest temperature allowed on the thermostat was 68° F.

The service was okay. When I checked in, the customer service representative barely spoke any English. I speak little Spanish, so there was a barrier in our communication. The hotel offered a sheet with different tours that they recommend which include a shuttle bus pickup from the hotel along with drop off service. It sounded great. My issue was the differentiation in price each person was stating between the price of the tour for the Everglades. I really did not feel a level of trust from the hotel staff considering that each was telling me a different price for the same tour.

The only other good thing about this hotel is its location. It is right next to the beach, restaurants, and shopping malls.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank muhammed_elgammal
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2019

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and for your feedback. You should try our renovated and modern king suites on the 4th floor next time. It appears you stay in our queen suites that we are in the process of renovating. We have had not a single complaint in the last 3 years about the thermostats not being able to be set lower than 68 degrees. We have however had many complaints about the suites being too cold. All of our front desk and other hotel staff speak perfect English so we do not agree with your comments about a "communication barrier". We also do not sell tours to our guests at different prices as there is no incentive for our front desk staff to do this. Besides, other hotels also sell the same exact tours for the same exact prices. And yes we agree with you that our location is the best.